Country whose entire national identity is based around a donut chain

>country whose entire national identity is based around a donut chain

I thought their national indentity is based on not being American.

What country is this?

Who is your president again?

Some irrelevant icebox whose only notable accomplishment was burning some building 200 years ago. Or at least they believe they did anyway.

Hillary Clinton :^)

Their country didn't even exist back then.

It's like Americans claiming they defeated the French in the Seven years war

Oh yeah, Canada. I forgot they are not a part of America haha

We could have annexed them too but for some poor strategic decisions.

He's Christ come again

But your president is even worse.

When I hear Canadians calling it 'timmy's' I always cringe a little.

you mean in the War of 1812?

Yes. Essentially, Canada would have fallen if we'd gone straight for Montreal instead of a three pronged invasion.

Putting that aside, it's probable that a peaceful annexation of Canada could have happened down the road, but the use of brute force backfired and instead merely strengthened Canadian nationalism.

The Canadians were actually quite unhappy with the Treaty of Ghent because the US and Britain agreed to demilitarize the border and left them exposed to future invasion. They felt that London had let them down.

We have 4 of those in my town and we're only like 23 000.

They did an investigation at some point to see if they put something like an addictive in the coffee but it turns out my town just loves Tim's that much.

Their coffee is pussies and is weak but their donuts and snacks are pretty neat.

yeah, i hate tim hortons coffee, tastes fake as fuck

At the close of the Civil War, the British were terrified that the huge, battle-hardened US army could just steamroll Canada and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it, but we didn't. We'd had our fill of war and wanted to resume business as usual.

Thanks, I guess.

There was actually a push to annex Canada as compensation for UK support of the Confederacy, though I don't know how memetic it was.

Actually the British pushed for Canadian self-governance shortly after the ACW for that very reason--they wouldn't have to defend it themselves.

But during the second half of the XIX century, Anglo-US relations improved and by 1900, the idea of a war with London had really become almost unthinkable.

We should have done it