I like how Sup Forums is so contrarian they have gone full circle and just listen to mainstream shit

I like how Sup Forums is so contrarian they have gone full circle and just listen to mainstream shit.

That happened a while ago desu

>just listen to mainstream shit.
for example?

Kanye, Young Thug, Radiohead, Grimes, Taylor, Deftones

While quite a bit of stuff on here is pretty mainstream I still think a lot of people overestimate how popular some things are.

But I'm Sup Forums and I don't listen to any of that.

>Taylor
I really don't see her discussed here bot otherwise all of those have put out albums within the last year or excluding grimes have all put or are putting out albums this year.

i.e. we're talking about new stuff. If you have something more obscure/better from this year then by all means contribute particularly in an album of the year thread.

Arctic Monkeys, Weezer

Radiohead has been Sup Forumscore since forever tho

again weezer just put something out and if arctic monkeys is being discussed then I must have hidden the thread not that I'm familiar with them at all anyways.

>walks in thread
>stands on soapbox
Well ahem

MAYBEE, if you just noticed that we're a large board then that would explain it!

>scurries off

*drops mike*

Sup Forums is ironic af desu

Odd Future, Drake

Anybody who doesn't sincerely enjoy any sort of "mainstream" music is kidding themselves

I never see Odd Future discussed but I do see members albums discussed.

and again Drake is brand new.

point being that what may be seen as a preference in discussing mainstream music is just a preference in new music which by default is sometimes mainstream

Like What?

hating on poptimists got stale so now we have to hate on poseurs

People act as if Grimes and Tame Impala are household names and are on the same level as Taylor Swift and other similar artists when I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. Yeah, they're popular enough but there's a difference between being popular and being what Taylor Swift is. A lot of people on here don't think of popularity as a spectrum and more of a binary thing where at a certain degree of recognition you're shifted into the other category.

This. Stuff like Grimes, Death Grips, even Radiohead I have to really ask around for anyone who knows them

Or maybe it's because I live on a fucking island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and reggae and RnB is the only thing others listen to here

Wrong, I don't consider my taste highbrow or anything but I can honestly say top 40 stuff doesn't interest me in the slightest

even radiohead? those guys are incredibly mainstream, even my mom listens to them

almost 25 years ago Creep was a huge hit but otherwise yeah except for anyone between about ages 20-40 I'd be surprised if they didnt know them

I wouldn't even mind that it's mainstream as 90% of the stuff has been mainstream since 2010 but it's that they listen to pure radio muzak now without even attempting to listen to music.

Polynesian?

But then all the non-mainstream stuff isn't very good here either so whats it really matter?

yesterday at my trial I actually explained to the bailiff who radiohead was when was talking to the clerk about the acl lineup.

friendly reminder that there's no Sup Forums hivemind and you're delusional :~)

yesterday at my trial I actually explained to the bailiff who radiohead was when he was talking to the clerk about the acl lineup.

Why do you, I, The Witchfinder, Grayblob, Vargy and Masha Scream still post here; 99% of this board don't remember when you were relevant and the other 1% don't care about you you're like 30 and still post on a board with a mean age of 16.

Boredom, habit, new music.

I don't and really doubt the others give a fuck whether we are ''relevant, remembered or cared about''.

I found out about 2 new albums that totally bypassed my radar yesterday and that makes the board worth having as one of the music sites I check.

>I found out about 2 new albums that totally bypassed my radar
which ones?

James Blake and pic related

oh cool that elysian fields didn't come up at all for me either

but radiohead have pretty much been mu's favourite band forever

objectively wrong

No I don't

What qualifies as mainstream? I'm fucking pumped for new Radiohead, but I haven't heard a song on a top 40 radio station that I enjoyed in years.

I like how you're pointing out this, which began happening years ago, like it's news to anyone at all

*no one hear shit because there doing other things*

i like you

21 pilots

i never understood this...