I don't think it needs an official GUI

>GUI

>gooey

>GUI

>we need a GUI to make mpv more accessible
>someone suggests retroarch
What's wrong with these people?

probably smplayer

The devs don't like smplayer because it's shitty pajeet code or something.

It's called VLC

>GUI

A right-click menu.

mpv doesn't need one and it already has a nice osc
there are already stuff like gnome-mpv

>GUI

This. Right click to pause is a pretty dumb feature comparatively. I mean, a right click menu could simultaneously teach you all the shortcuts and let GUI idiots use it.

I like MPV the way it is now. :(

>Right click to pause is a pretty dumb feature comparatively.
no it's not, it's great

I love right click to pause.

disagree

>wm4 wants a GUI

been trying smplayer with mpv engine and it just werks
i still dont get why does anyone takes pride in being a mpvtard, nobody gave a shit when mplayer didnt have a gui, is it sissy anime faggots thinking they are hot shit?

OSC is better.

your media player is shit if I can't use my mouse to interact with items on the playlist

what's wrong with the current one?

I'd rather use middle click as a menu. Right click pause is great. But what would you have in the menu?

MPC-Qt. It's mpv in a Qt gui.

The one from baka mplayer.

mpv is great as it is.

What's not accessible about Retroarch?

I thought I was alone with that feature

Use VLC then.

>portability scratched off the requirements list
The absolute state of FOSS software in 2018.

G N O M E
M P V

Disagreed

I don't like VLC, but I think I kinda use it because of KDE and its libraries.

The OSC isn't a GUI?

how can i jump to 40% of a video with a keybind
4 seek 40%
does not work

4 seek 40 absolute-percent+exact

you don't even need a gui to use it on windows why the fuk would you need want a gui for mpv..

at most i'd say a graphical config editor could be useful for people who don't like using a manual and a text editor, but the current OSC is enough of a gui for normal usage

right click to pause is no better than left click to pause
and left click to drag is a dumb feature when there's a global alt+left click to drag pretty much everywhere

for windows

github.com/MattMcManis/Glow

Nice, I've been looking for a way to generate broken configs with ease.

Dunno why everybody is so opposed to cross-platform, you can definitely make good looking UIs with Qt.

I used potplayer with madvr but the built-in ads are just horrible.
Hopefully there is mpc-be...

autism

The shittiness of smplayer is exactly the reason why mpv was forked from it in the first place

no, no, mpv is forked from mplayer/2
smplayer is a frontend for mplayer, and the mpv devs don't like it because it doesn't properly interface with mpv and instead uses a bunch of hacks to get it to act like mplayer

>using a CLI for graphics based tasks
what's next, commandline gimp? this is why nobody takes freetards seriously

watching a video is hardly a "graphics-based task"
the only thing a video player needs to do is display video

>watching a video is hardly a "graphics-based task"
this is pretty good bait user

imagemagick is an important program

>using a CLI for graphics based tasks
does this look like a cli to you?

yikes, just yikes

then don't use it
i've been using mplayer and it's forks as long if not longer than you've been using your wmp6 clones (the "typical windows video player" look all comes from the look of wmp6)
if you want a wmp6 clone, use one, don't come over the mplayer side and demand it be like wmp6. the people who chose mplayer did so for a reason

>he thinks he knows what video player i use
please take your meds

GUI will attract redditors, please no.

yes it is better. much much better
no u

mpVLC when?

I have the following in my mpv.conf in etc/mpv/mpv.conf:

profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

stats.lua is showing that I'm using bilinear upscaling. WTF am I doing wrong?

Frame timings in stats.lua are also reading as 0 and not updating. What the fuck?

this is probably not related to your problem, but the first line was changed to profile=gpu-hq

What is the resolution of the file you are trying to play and what size is your screen? Also, are you using shift+i to view stats.lua?

Resolution: 1366x768
File: 720p
Same thing whether I use i or shift-I.
I changed the line and now it doesn't even show what shader I'm using. I'm using mpv 0.28.0 on Ubuntu.

wats the best config

I opened the file from command line and got the following error:
>GLSL version too old
Wat do?

>all these people in that thread crying that it's too hard to write a cross-platform gui
What the fuck are they talking about? Have they never seen an application use wxwidgets, qt, or libui? How the fuck do you even write a non-portable GUI nowadays?

Your GPU?

Intel GMA X4500
This is my backup computer, using it while waiting for new video card to arrive for my primary, since my vidcard died.
Googling tells me the X4500 is an OpenGL 2.1 GPU. Does that mean I can't use ewa_lanczossharp?

>Intel GMA X4500
Christ, what a piece of shit.

already have a gui

SMPlayer

I'm aware. I'm thankful it can play 720p Horriblesubs at all without frame dropping.

How do I set the audio channels (also known as downmixing if I am not wrong) to stereo? I have to use an amp to listen to the audio streams with 7.1/5.1 channels and the --audio-channels=2.0/stereo command line isn't working for some reason. I use Linux btw (newbie).

Now if only you used Windows 10 instead of that obsolete OS, you might actually have a point then

The fact that the retroarch GUI is comfortable like a bed full of ants?

Something nice like IINA I hope

>there'll never be IINA for windows
just fucking kill me

>gui for a cline prog... :^[

Please make deepin-movie cross-platform!
It's based on qt and looks fucking awesome!

fuck off, retard

What the fuck? Doesn't it already have on-screen controls? Is that not a GUI?

>that shit
>a GUI
ahahahaha, no wonder no one sane uses that crap.

It's just werkz for me.
I honestly couldn't care less if it's difficult for normal fags and delinquents to use.
So I hope if they do add a "GUI" they'll have an option to disable before compiling (in waf/configure).

No sane person will use this amateurish shit.

One that you could customize.

>no sane person
You said that already:
>no one sane

At least try and come up with some variety for ur shitty b8.

He calls it a pseudo-GUI

What variety? That's all the "UI" mpv has.

Flop.
Try harder faggot.

what's the best config for saving best quality screencaps with lowest file size?

RetroArch's UI is designed to be used with a controller, and it's not even good for that

Could you elaborate on what is wrong with the xmb interface?

people like you are why tech with underlying good components never ever gets popular or used among people that actually matter (ie professionals that do not have time to learn cli applications)
the gui is very, very important and if you don't see that you will never make it anywhere in the business world because of that condescending attitude.
i have to deal with so many students like you it's unfathomable, how this mindset became so prevalent. the air of superiority in your critique is what makes people think that techs are assholes and "would rather do it themselves" and end up breaking everything and blame us.
fuck you.

I wish the windows version had a preferences pane like that instead of having to look up documentation and edit the .conf file

I'd like to integrate memepv into Kodi. How to?

Sounds like your fucking lazy.

I can't even tell anymore if this is bait

>ie professionals that do not have time to learn cli applications
If they don't want to put in the effort to learn how to use superior software then it's not my problem.

Sounds like I have a job and go to college and when I want to unwind and watch a video not spend most of that time tweaking the fucking configuration file.

The defaults are just fine though. If you want to bother tweaking a config file, then read the documentation.

Why should an application bloat itself out because of lazy users like you?

>ie professionals that do not have time to learn cli applications
As a professional I'd laugh a professional who can't use CLI applications out of the door.

>he can't copy 8 lines into a config file
You might be retarded