What is the alternative to external harddrives? i want something that doesn't break so easy...

what is the alternative to external harddrives? i want something that doesn't break so easy. are flash drives the only alternative?

internal hard drives

i wanna nakadashi that flat little ass

it's not flat

External HDDs are normal HDDs inside a casing.
Buy something resilient and put a good drive in it.

External SSD

I have to question what the fuck you're doing if you think external hard drives are easy to break. Sure, it would be easy to throw one out of the window of a moving vehicle, but the same could be said of a lot of things.

i accidentally tripped over a cable that was plugged into an external harddrive and it fell like 3 feet to floor. i plugged it in to see if still worked and the movies i have on it skip. lol
i wonder if it just messed up the data on the drive and nothing inside of it broke

I dropped a harddrive on the ground once and it started to work again once i formatted it.
you'll have to delete all the data

This is the exact reason why I tape cables onto surfaces and walls.

If you have a computer tower on your desk and have the cables sprawled out everywhere the same damn thing could happen to the tower. The problem is that you didn't properly manage your cables, not that the drive was too easy to break.
If you can't be bothered to manage your cables like a sensible person, then just get a USB 3 external hard drive. If you still manage to trip over that cable, then you have incurable retardation.

how can you even enjoy these subhumans

>i accidentally tripped over a cable that was plugged into an external harddrive and it fell like 3 feet to floor.
AHAHAHAHA
WHAT A COLOSSAL KLUTZY FAGGOT
GIT REKT SUN

her lack of coordination disgusts me

Get a bunch of memory drive thumbsticks.

How about external internal drives?

GnuBee 2

Your lack of personal hygiene disgusts her.

Those are a great idea especially for OP. They could trip over only one cable and break a few hard drives all at once.

your own fileserver setup

That is network attached. You could put it in a cupboard and leave it there.

So. OP could have done the same thing with a USB attached drive that had a long cable. Makes no difference. The point is a klutz will fuck anything up regardless of its attachment method.

Normal hard drives that you keep externally.

the power lead for my external hard drive goes to the back of my desk and then behind it, between the desk and the wall, to the power socket. what the hell are you doing back there, dancing on your desk?

NAS are a good solution. You can DIY or build a premade one.

Works without plugging it into the PC over WLAN or LAN, and you can do more than one drives mirrored / RAID-ed (redundant level) at the same time for redundancy.

Not everyone trips over cables on his way to the kitchen for the tenth time you fat fuck.

Fuckin shovelass bitch needs to exercise