Americans discussed me

Americans discussed me.

Poland has the same system as Britain

Brit system is dumb.

cute!

Fun fact: American rulers start at 1 inch, because there's logically nothing before that.

France has the same thing.

One of the few things i agree with Americans.

????????????

Do brits count everything starting at 0? Like if you have 3 bananas on the table do you number them 0-2?

>defending using the term "first floor" for the second floor
Each "floor" is a certain story, you people obviously agree that the "ground" floor is indeed a floor, but when you go to the floor above it you call it the "first" floor, but is the "ground" floor NOT the "first" floor? Does it not count as a floor?
Apparently not the first floor you come across, at least. What type of mental gymnastics must limeys jump through daily just to avoid going insane, or are all of you mentally broken already?

The thing is we have ground floor too but we just go G-2-3-4-5.

This, plus we accept that the ground floor is also the first floor, making logical sense and preventing cognitive dissonance.

We have the same system as the brits but the american way is better

Do british six packs contain five beers?

in Greek it's similar to the british one

But the ground floor is literally on the ground.

The system doesn't make sense. Nobody is arguing it does. In fact, everything related to weights and measures in Britain is very haphazard and illogical, mostly because it evolved gradually, piecemeal over time and there was never a strong enough government to enforce a centralised effort to change it. We're not arguing that it's a better system or even a good system, just that it works and that changing it would be very difficult and take a long time. It's like constantly pointing out an ugly mole on somebody's face. Yes we know it's there we can't get rid of it. Unlike the Americans who will unironically argue that imperial is a superior measurement system somehow.

And nothing is called 0

Add the word 'up' in your head when dealing with the ground-one-two system.

Also ask yourself why, in America, the first floor is the first floor.

Ground floor is zero, you count up from there or down for basement levels. You wouldn't call the first level of the basement the 0th floor would you shart?

The issue I have with your system is that zero represents nothing, and the ground/first floor is definitely something.

>a palm tree is called a second floor in the usa