youtube.com/watch?v=6LxoPO14_qQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who ?

Who

youtube.com/watch?v=6LxoPO14_qQ

absolute madman

we'll never see more naturally incoherent lyric writing with real confidence

Of coursh!

he's not the saviour of music that he's made out to be but he's pretty good.

yes and no, i do think hes the perfect alt rock front man though

What made his faded attitude believable was the fact that he killed himself.

He's hugely overrated for some things and underrated for other.

Nirvana were made to be the poster boys of alt rock, when in fact Cobain wanted to be completely the opposite. All he strived to do was make music that he liked, like his favorite Wipers, Vaselines, Pixies, Stooges and so on. In fact, if Sonic Youth didn't spot them and help them sign to DGC, perhaps their future would be different. But it turned out like it did: Nirvana together with Butch Vig they made a huge hit record, and his looks made him the hot new thing in rock, spawning grunge mania and the record labels' hunt for the next Nirvana.

In Utero was his most personal work which, in the end, most people didn't give a fuck about. In fact, most of the best Nirvana songs aren't even on albums—you will find them only on compilations like With The Lights Out, bootlegs and live recordings. That's where you'll find true account of Cobain's talent and taste.

In the end, Cobain wanted to disown his own success and "heritage" attributed to him.

only had like 6 layers of irony, really

It's funny watching Montage of Heck and he speaks of Aerosmith as some kind of rival to Nirvana. He kills himself and a few years later he's a rock god while Aerosmith is all but forgotten. Relatively speaking I'd say the dude was pretty down to earth.

I mean yeah definitely. His impact on music was great, but his songs really are nothing special musically or lyrically.

Overrated yes. Bad no.

He's not really overrated as far as rock music is concerned. He really was the best in his time and since he died nobody can fill his shoes

talking about mainstream rock btw

no. plebs are always be more dominant in number than us patricians. his music appeals to plebs.

Never heard of him, looks like a hipster though, he should kill himself

Autism

Yes and no. There's no doubt that Kurt committing suicide blew his legacy a but out of proportion. However, Smells Like Teen Spirit was a "moment" in music, and probably the closest we ever came again to The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. It literally changed the course of pop culture. So, really, the only reason Kurt Cobain's untimely death was such a big deal is because of how massive of an impact Nirvana had. There's a reason Kurt Cobain has been basically deified in the world of popular music but Shannon Hoon and Amy Winehouse have not. However, whenever I hear a Nirvana song, my first thought is usually "oh it's the guy who shot himself" and this is probably true for a lot of people.

It's a mixed bag.

Nope. He absoutely deserves the immense hagiography surrounding him and his work.

He should've stuck to singing with Earth and forming a band like that.

He definitely was in some ways. His physical appearance, the controversy around his death, and the fact that his style of music was exactly what the youth wanted at the time all come together and give him an enormous legacy.

But I think that even if that legacy was earned through (somewhat) nonmusical means he deserved it. The music was great.

naw, because he absorbed the best of the best of 70-90s alt-rock and actually went out of his way to acknowledge these influences. see pic.

no he's dead

He's a qt tho

How the fuck did he even find one of those guitars? Those Martins are rare.

This.

Any pics of his dead body???

Nah, I think Mac DeMarco is pretty good.

Yes but the Seattle police refuse to release them. They put out new pics of the crime scene a year or two ago but none actually of Kurt's dead body.