/last.fm/

Last.fm thread
post profiles, be nice to eachother and have fun! :3
For PYT go here: pastemytaste.pe.hu/
To make following people not useless download this: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/friends-who-listen/

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/gebbg
getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/music-catalogue-beta-for-subscribers-your-feedback
last.fm/user/YoniSL
last.fm/user/Count_Vulpus
last.fm/user/hippopcrates
last.fm/user/BigHatLogan
last.fm/user/Soren1843
last.fm/user/venicedreamway
last.fm/user/hjeg
last.fm/user/Kobaruon
last.fm/user/fed_since_1996
last.fm/user/docword21
last.fm/user/Dale515100
last.fm/user/cookedbacon
last.fm/user/firechao
last.fm/user/spellox
last.fm/user/ataraxia22
last.fm/user/newplaylist-
last.fm/user/tfwiktf
last.fm/user/sacronyx
last.fm/user/sporadicsarcasm
pastemytaste.pe.hu/
last.fm/user/LindWood
last.fm/user/NitroMintCocoa
last.fm/user/Cavenyanson
last.fm/user/brewfried
last.fm/user/Shamepai
youtube.com/watch?v=G0PhUNoIWYs
last.fm/user/alanjnewnham
last.fm/user/wizzxx
last.fm/user/gandasommano
youtube.com/watch?v=f3n_NsvGZSg
last.fm/user/nujabae
last.fm/user/Plebeius
last.fm/user/Lukin720
last.fm/user/jaredcast
last.fm/user/Babeels
last.fm/user/DianaBathory
last.fm/user/spaciee
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

last.fm/user/gebbg

are there any subscriber here who tested this new beta?

getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/music-catalogue-beta-for-subscribers-your-feedback

Groups are never coming back are they

last.fm/user/YoniSL

Hello

I hope I can correct some artists with this update. Or just like prior to the big overhaul 2 artist tags remain equally much used.

last.fm/user/Count_Vulpus

ayyyyyyyy
last.fm/user/hippopcrates

you can dance, you can die, having the time of your life

last.fm/user/BigHatLogan

lewd

my SPOTIFY isnt SCROBBLING can someone DO something about THIS

stop using spotify

I had an account long ago but I forgot.
I started to use this one actively yesterday

last.fm/user/Soren1843

last.fm/user/venicedreamway

i threw them $3 for a month just to see this and enabling the beta wipes all my data

looking at a few artist pages it does clean up a lot of mess though

last.fm/user/hjeg

Last 7 days I have been into Joanna Newsom, Brand New, Boris, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, The Beatles, Xiu Xiu, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Oneohtrix Point Never, Autechre, Laurel Halo, Marvin Gaye, Protest the Hero, Holly Herndon, Dan Deacon, June of 44, Mount Eerie, Roly Porter, Khun Narin, Muslimgauze and My Bloody Valentine.

last.fm/user/Kobaruon

>Better track listings
Finally!

I saw your comment. Did they merge some artist names? Like hangul / romanized artist tags?

last.fm/user/fed_since_1996

follow/shout at me :^)

disambiguations like that are all still there from what i can see, no merging

Damn, well I replied to that announcement. So who knows what they will do with it. I guess i'll write a script to transfer the tag if they won't merge 'em.

last.fm/user/docword21

once groups start up we should all make one

i think amongst 1000 other things combining artists is filed under 'planned', since it falls under the catalogue work it might pop up in the beta within a beta in the coming weeks

I bet old groups will be ported. They are still there.

Ah, something to look forward to. I recall the "suggest another tag" function. If they re-implement that some artists tags will never be merged. I hope last.fm knows how to decide on what tag is the right one.

last.fm/user/Dale515100

last.fm/user/cookedbacon

last.fm/user/firechao

why do lastfm comment bots exist?

i like the brazillians that tell you to upvote pitbull's pictures

www.last.fm/user/lnqdty

www.last.fm/user/lnqdty

Nobody ever comments in my box

/Tuberkulloosi

>Last 7 days I have been into Giuseppe Verdi, Richard Wagner, Sol Invictus, Death in June, Current 93, Kraftwerk, Chet Baker, Olivier Messiaen, Scott Walker, Bob Dylan and The Band, Dragoslav Pavle Aksentijević, Bob Dylan, Duke Ellington, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, David Bowie, Carl Perkins, Throbbing Gristle, John Denver, Roy Orbison and Simon & Garfunkel.

qt

last.fm/user/spellox

I'm into Mount Eerie, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Animal Collective, David Bowie, The Microphones, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pixies, Fleet Foxes, Nick Drake, Dinosaur Jr., Death from Above 1979, The Smiths, Modest Mouse, Black Flag, Radiohead, Ween, Death Grips and Mac DeMarco.

Holy shit my taste is bad

R8 and H8

Paris 1919 is great, I ought to listen to that again soon. Milk-Eyed Mender is the only good Joanna Newsom album; before she got all blah-blah-blah.

last.fm/user/ataraxia22
i love joanna and Giles Corey

last.fm/user/newplaylist-

Hello familia

last.fm/user/tfwiktf

last.fm/user/sacronyx

Last 1 month I have been into Angelo Badalamenti, 王菲, Animal Collective, Camel, David Bowie, Arcade Fire, Gasolin', James Blake, Shoji Meguro, Deakin, Goblin, The Microphones, Minutemen, 有耳非文, Aphrodite's Child, Amon Düül II, Mike Oldfield, Dear Eloise, Battles and Death Grips.

The Owls are not what they seem.

last.fm/user/sporadicsarcasm

The man without chemicals points
(nice taste, btw)

is paste your taste a thing again or are you manually doing it

pastemytaste.pe.hu/

People should put this in OPs really.

it's in the OP

i don't read the OPs of these things

apparently, neither does cheers tho

last.fm/user/LindWood
Hey

last.fm/user/NitroMintCocoa

ello

Yeah you're dumb! WTF!!!

huehuehue. he done somethin bad. nice pupper.

I like how we're slowly getting a more standardized OP post as time goes on

last.fm/user/Cavenyanson

Last 7 days I have been into Death Grips, Pink Floyd, Big Black, King Crimson, Bomb the Music Industry!, Bruce Springsteen, The Microphones, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, The Residents, Daniel Johnston, Father John Misty, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Angel Olsen, Duster, Jeff Rosenstock, きのこ帝国, Joy Division, Pile, Rush and The Mountain Goats.

Is it worth subscribing? what do you even get?

Why? that paste tool doesn't do the same thing it used to. All it does it list the artists of a desired period. Didn't lastfm's own use tags?

Not him but pretty much 'nuffin

there’s a man...in a smiling bag.

I think this is more an issue with the site API than that tool, although tags were never that useful to me anyway personally.

Finally my work gets noticed

The API atm is shit, but html scraping is a thing when the API refuses. I just don't think the tool is that much of an addition.

I think making a userscript that adds the compatibility % behind a lastfm user link on chan would be a better way to indicate a good possible follow/friend.

i should copy and paste it, I end up making the thread sometimes anyway.

I periodically read the API updates thread and every fucking time the OP is like
>hey guys, been a little while :)
>here's what we've been working on
>it's absolutely useless lol enjoy :)
>10 pages of comments asking to bring back basic features

what the fuck is happening there?

the eastern europeans and south americans always get quite worked up in their broken english

>south americans

kek so tru. i love Brazilians on forums, so passionate

last.fm/user/brewfried
kooky space sounds and dub loops

is there a reason why
especially the pop fans jesus
they should do one of those trendy vice short documentaries on this

You mean that getsatisfaction "forum"? Jesus christ the way that forum works is just terrible. It's like using an iphone as an android user.

Come to Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup that's the piece of trash, hence only periodical browsing

last.fm/user/Shamepai
>Tfw you rec him something
>it becomes one of his favorite albums
Wew m8

i'm on one pop forum but all of the southern american truly live up to the stereotype of being obnoxious members. i'd watch a 25 min vice doco bout them.

youtube.com/watch?v=G0PhUNoIWYs

now i wanna cum 2 brazil

oh i have nothing against it i just think it's fascinating in a louis theroux weird weekends kind of way

Come to Venezuela!

What is with Maclachlan in the pilot? He's sort of creepy

ha, yeah i get that kinda fascination. damn maybe i'll just ask them myself.

last.fm/user/alanjnewnham

Been using since 2007
Never got a gf or a friend out this this

Maybe my taste is too good for my country standards

last.fm/user/wizzxx

>using last.fm for a gf

well there's your first problem

No offence but Peal Jam are in your top ten so I highly doubt your statement

Lots of girls like Nirvana and Dinosaur jr. and Sonic Youth. Where are you trying to meet girls?

Not in Brazil

huehuehuehuehuehue

top hues fellas

last.fm/user/gandasommano

ayy

reminded me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=f3n_NsvGZSg

Kek, as a brazilian I can confirm, I used to play Tibia.

>TFW I never find someone with greater than high compatibility in these threads.

It means that I have a very eclectic taste. :^)

What's the deal with last.fm's popularity in South America?

Link?

I never actually realized it was this big until i asked a friend about it and he told me he was in a venezuelan group. Pretty weird

Neighbours page from old site was full of South American people for me. Also, will the neighbours page ever come back? Did they mention it on forums?

I've literally found one SUPER from these threads and it was like half an year ago.

last.fm/user/nujabae

last.fm/user/Plebeius

yeah some variation of neighbors was mentioned as being apart of the "upcoming" so called social features which won't happen until the catalogue stuff is done

I made the PYT script, and yes, the lastfm API is broken as fuck and the getTags method doesn't work.
HTML is surely an option, but that would require scraping a shitload of pages and is kind of a hassle. Not to mention it's all ran on free hosting.
Anyways, I just thought you guys may find it somewhat handy.
I'll try see how would scraping the html work as soon as I'm done with school.

I am glad I don't have to work with the tags API. Their API doc pages are hilarious. It's using the old last.fm backend and everything is just fucked.

Did you open source it anywhere btw?

holy shit a super
last.fm/user/Lukin720

Yeah, it's absolutely disgusting. They seem to be working on the tags method, though, since it does return some data now, but not correctly.

Nah, not much in the backend script for now, really. I will add some more options in two weeks and probably will put it on github then.
Hopefully they fix the getTopTags method soon.

last.fm/user/jaredcast

last.fm/user/Babeels

Lads

last.fm/user/DianaBathory

last.fm/user/spaciee