Why are these two bands basically the same thing

Why are these two bands basically the same thing.
Both are Hip-Hop yet feature a drummer and sometimes stray away form there more Hip-Hop roots. Both also have a similar audience of teenagers who seem to be "above most "normal" people"
Explain Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxFRO9pRlwE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=MxFRO9pRlwE
21 pilots is controlled "weird" carefully marketed to teens
they would never even fuck over a major label like dg did too epic

>implying DG aren't an industry plant

What dg did to epic made them even more noticeable and liked among the "avant-teen" crowd, it brought them in the long run more money. How can you be so blind to this

avant teen crowd doesn't like dg. try james ferraro
its like you forgot all the legal shit that went down post tms
anyway 21 is still a bitch ass band controlled by their managers and label to promote the most bland form of rebellion its laughable
dg sucks also but they atleast have control of their shit

Twenty One Pilots are Deathg Grips for Christians

fucking lel, you're not even wrong. BP best album anyway.

Sup Forums - Death Grips
tumblr - twenty one pilots
reddit - ?

>implying they are

dude lol got em!!!!

I'm being serious, outside of obvious stylistic differences they are essentially the same.
No I remember all the legal shit, it made a name for them, as a band among "rebellious" teens.

yeah true but I still feel like 21 is a bitch to their label and still have this nice guy playing by the rules
probably an arbitrary argument but anyway 21 is death grips for straight edge christian

Chance The Rapper

Death Grips

Kendrick Lamar

Yeah it doesn't really matter but all I was trying to state was that in reality, the bands are, from an objective view, very similar. Make death grips less loud and aggressive, in their music AND in their marketing, and you basically have 21

RTJ

don't tease death grips fans k they're just going to ruin mothers day by being rebellious teens and not clean their rooms

Kanye

How do you think that 21 pilots is hiphop?
It's pop music that's at least 50% singing with breaks where a white guy talks fast without a flow
The production doesn't even resemble hiphop.

9+10 Pilots

>Implying old homeless guy screaming with no flow to black metal is hiphop

Its considered hip-hop by people who dont listen to hip hop.
Its considered hip-hop by people that listen to their favorite alternative radio station

>implying my mom doesn't listen to exmilitary
lmaoing @ your life

Also remove the unique sounding vocalist, the extremely talented drummer, and any semblance of production outside of a ukulele and a few basic synths

>death grips
>no flow
Get out

then she no doubt also gives good head
lmaoing @ her life

she's a hot head

Whew never said anything about them being as good as each other

So reddit >>chan?