Minimal techno

Whats your favorite minimal techno release and does this album deserves its acclaim?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4h1WR_1Od0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lyd9PwXM-A8
youtu.be/_siujGlBEvM
youtube.com/watch?v=3qNKgtzEWCs
youtube.com/watch?v=1Yj4b8xGP88
mega.nz/#F!fRAT2RyB!vw4qwlujrrirLeq7xgpVXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Been going through his discography, and honestly Looping State of Mind and Yesterday and Today are better imo

probably this
of course it's so cozy and warm

I agree. people are obsessed with sublime, and I think its good. But looping state of mind is dynamite.

from this year, check out lawrence - yoyogi park

Problem I have with sublime is how uneven it is, half the tracks are atmospheric beyond belief and do interesting things with their respective ideas and half seem to go into the typical minimal techno trans on beats and samples that don't really seem fitting for it.

this beauty

bump

bumpo chumpo

>no one posted this yet
you plebbies its like you dont even like grimdark forest techno

>tfw looking for the Gas discography and all the flacs and 320kbps mp3s I can find are transcoded
I'd really like to get into them, what I've heard of Königsforst is fucking great

possibly one of the most stale genres of dance music. should have died in germany back in 2006.

>implying

chances are those are not transcodes but the actual recordings don't reach high frequencies

the albums sample old classical records after all

what makes it stale?

>them

try soulseek, me and many others have good rips

any noisier minimal techno out there?

pan sonic
emptyset

That's what I was thinking but then I found a download for one that went up to 20khz
Also all the transcoded I saw cut off ~15khz and had a very strong frequency towards the top
sorry, him, I haven't really looked to much into his work other than hearing some stuff under Gas
I think I'll have to, the only high quality download I could find of most of his albums was rutrackers Nah und Fern torrent. also is that high frequency line you can see in that pic present in all their albums for you?

emptyset is GOAT

I really like this album but I havent listened to much minimal techno

Oil Thief
youtube.com/watch?v=C4h1WR_1Od0

check out jan jelinek (although he's more on the house-y side of things)

youtube.com/watch?v=Lyd9PwXM-A8

hmm, actually my koningsfrost is the same. The first few songs go up to 20 then the rest cut off low

weird

good stuff

nice. This exactly what I had in mind.

Gotta say, I'm loving this thread so far.

The only real techno artist I listen to is Actress so if anyone has anything similar, please let me know.

ive never gotten the distinction between between minimal techno and regular techno. almost all techno follows the ideas of minimalism. based on repetition slow addition and subtraction of sounds, playing with polyrhythms and phasing. whats some techno thats not minimal?

all techno is minimal, but minimal techno is quiet

minimal is even more restrained.

ooh yeah I quite like that album as well

SND are good, it's Mark Fell and another guy
I can upload a few albums if they're not in the archive

Sample from Newtables:
youtu.be/_siujGlBEvM

Does anyone know of any techno similar to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=3qNKgtzEWCs

Anything by Andy Stott

i would really appreciate it if you upped some stuff by them, I've been scoping out tenderlove & stdio in particular

actual minimal techno:
youtube.com/watch?v=1Yj4b8xGP88

honestly, once you hear one of his albums, you pretty much heard everything.

most sakamoto collabs are great

emptyset is pretty good

mah man

i'm not one to get anal about genre terminology, but dopplereffekt isn't really minimal techno, it's (true) electro.

Upping them now
Use soulseek next time friendo

SND: Tplay, Tenderlove, Newtables, Travelog, Stdio

>Minimal techno, ambient techno

All of The Field's albums may be very similar, but some are better at being what they are.

the only minimal I can really get into is Romanian stuff and stuff like Erosion - 1

Fuck it

SND: Discog (mostly 320)

>Minimal techno, ambient techno, ambient glitch

thanks

finally dug into this, and damn

Would Tomorrow's Harvest be considered minimal techno?

If that's a really dumb question please educate me

oh shit i just realized ive never heard this
I know what im doing tonight

That is it and yes it does

Not in the slightest, it would more be downtempo/fall under the umbrella term IDM. It derives from movie scores rather than anything relating to the genre of techno, which is fully based on rhythm/percussion in a way that's kind of hard to explain. Let me put it this way, once you hear a decent sampling of what's considered techno in contrast to what's considered another similar genre, such as house or trance, it's pretty easy to intuit the difference.

Nah pleb, SOL is the only one that surpasses FHWGS, maybe also that HANDS album he did

Hey thanks for the reply and not shitposting

good one user