Why does Sup Forums hate Phish but praise Can and This Heat?

Why does Sup Forums hate Phish but praise Can and This Heat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wLKbBGlJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Band isn't Sup Forumscore
>"Sup Forums doesn’t like it boo-hoo"

I love phish
>inb4 DUDE WEED

phish is great

Phish are narcs.

What? Phish is fantastic.

I've been listening to the Island Tour shows the past couple of days.

So are all of their live shows fully improvised or what?

by the way i highly suggest people listen to both the white tape and colorado '88
their very early work is disappointingly overlooked

What do you mean by fully improvised?

who doesn't like phish?

people without taste

The real question is why do you care about what people on an image board on the Internet think?

they dont just go off if thats what you mean
they have songs they play, but often play with styles/rhythms in those songs and include massive, improvised solo sections
they also dont have a setlist before they get on stage. they just decide what to play in the heat of the moment

that's what can did at their concerts

Phish is horrible. Literally nothing but wankery. Can were capable of crafting songs with a well defined theme, structure, etc. Phish does not write songs. The percussion lays down a repetitive 4/4 beat and everyone else takes turns playing guitar solos. Every single song they have ever played follows this exact same process.

Because Sup Forums is afraid of liking something that doesn't scream "I am very smart and cultured". Phish is amazing, but they're too fun for the pretentious hipsters here.

Yeah, the White Tape is beautiful. My favorite Phish output. Aftermath makes me choke up each time. Such a juxtaposition.

Because This Heat and Can were very cool for various reasons, reasons that would take me too long to explain. Can experimented with tribal beats, repetitive song structure, odd collages of tape loops and ambient noise, while also fitting in quirky, sunny pop songs.

Phish, on the other hand, was essentially a bunch of grateful dead worshippers that play improv funk/blues for hours on end with no clear artistic motive. Their songs are flaccid, annoying, and I hate them.

I think Phish are a good time, but how the fuck are they similar to This Heat? I can maybe see the Can comparison, a little at least, but what?

phish are the ween of jam bands

/thread

Is this all you do?

what a useful reply
NOT

thank you so much for loving it also ;_;

thats just proge mon its what he does I guess ://///////////////////////////

i don't like phish but i loved analyze phish

Because one is a shitty jam band while the other two are krautrock and post-punk.

I feel like you heard one Phish track in your life.

>I-got-a-B-minus-in-engineering-school-core
No thanks.

>hating this
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wLKbBGlJ0

>listing descriptions of the genres of the artists in question
>still doesn't answer the question
That said this thread is retarded

Aren't you that retarded Cardiacs guy?

Because mu is fully image oriented. They dislike Phish because of the DUDE WEED culture. Phish are amazing.

Have you listened to A Picture of Nectar? Are you the kind of person that thinks jazz is also wankery?

Junta is better than most of the stuff you listen to

>quirky, sunny pop songs.
phish do that too

What is "You Enjoy Myself"?
What is "Guyute"?
What is "The Curtain With"?

Bait harder.

never heard phish the post

i love phish op
trey is still the greatest current living guitarist.
Anyone who disagrees hasnt heard him play

ive heard him play though and think he's a masturbatory fuckboi and that phish is legit one of the worst bands ever

I like Phish and jam bands in general. Love just putting on a 30 minute song or a 3 hour long show. Don't think Phish is my favorite though. Umphrey's McGee and Disco Biscuits are my favorites but Phish is up there too.