Sup Forums's slow, let's check out leddit

>Sup Forums's slow, let's check out leddit...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup Forums may be a shit hole but at least we're not this.

the radiohead subreddit is the cringiest shit i've ever seen

When will you guys learn? The upvote/downvote system makes shit like this inevitable. There's plenty of quality music forums to post on besides Sup Forums.

Such as?

What's wrong with the music posted? Sure it may be seen as common, not particularly intricate or complex, but what's wrong with that?

It's great music and many people will enjoy it.

It's cheesy, simplistic entertainment made for teenagers.

let people like whatever they like.

>The upvote/downvote system makes shit like this inevitable.
Does people downvote things or is like rym where many dont downvote (rate with a small score stuff they dont like)albums

want to know how I know you're a newfag?

well they probably are dood

You mean like rock music?

I've been here since 2012.
Wanna know how I know you're a teenager?

What rock music are you talking about? Can and Beefheart? Or Weezer and Blink 182?

Someone should make a new thread.

All popular music is trash.

It's pretty boring to only talk about the most suface-level stuff all the time. Even on Sup Forums where there's certain artists that get talked about all the time, there's also plenty of other threads about lesser-known stuff. And the music that Sup Forums circlejerks over are generally more interesting than Hans fucking Zimmer.

I honestly think forums are dead (dying). Most people make friends over platforms like Instagram and Twitter and talk about their interests that way instead

But platforms like that tend to discourage deep, detailed discussion. It just doesn't feel right.

People downvote things they disagree with rather than poor quality posts. This is way terrible but inoffensive posts rise to the top and more controversial posts get buried. Nobody's going to downvote you for making a bland statement about how great Darkside of the Moon is but you might get downvoted for offering, say, a reasoned critique of why The Wall is overrated.

That's not what we're talking about, you said rock is:
>It's cheesy, simplistic entertainment made for teenagers.
That's what we are discussing.

Those things always existed though. When I was in high school (10 or so years ago) we had AIM and MSN messenger, MySpace groups, etc.

Coachella forums are pretty good.

There's plenty of em.
Well it's a timeline feed, so if it's downvote, you just don't see it.
This is false.
Source; me.

>There's plenty of em.
He said, listing none of them.

They're very niche / young communities. I don't want crossboard culture clash, the same way established societies should morally abstain from interfering in the societal developments of people more tribal / indigenous.

So you're saying they're far slower.

>they
*The ones I'm thinking of, at least.

Jesus Christ

Rock is popular music. Educate yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_music

Faggot, that's not what we're discussing.

r/music is the Sup Forums of Reddit. You're only meant to go there if you're more interested in Reddit than you are in music. If you want to actually discuss, music, you go into one of the more specific subreddits like r/musictheory, etc.

Low populace / high activity.

It may sound weird but there's a very identifiable board culture relegated to Sup Forums. They don't have that yet and I want to see it flesh itself out.

That old false trichotomy is, and has always been so laughably useless.

Its a sad day when people satrt quoting 2012 as being here for awhile.

Been here since 2009 and even then I dont think im that much of an oldfag

Yes it is. You said that Zimmer was cheesy simplistic music for dumb teens (which is true). I said that rock music and all other popular music was also cheesy simplistic music for dumb teens (which is also true).

>grimes
>KPop
>AnCo
>Radiohead

Kek

Sup Forums is as pleb as any other site. Fuck off.

>smug 87.jpg
how many smug anime girls do you have?

Ok.

>redditors openly post about browsing reddit without being told to fuck off
>this behaviour is accepted on Sup Forums

did anyone else wake up wanting to punch themselves in the teeth today?

What he means is he doesn't want his favorite forum to turn into "le niggers" and "le tambourine face album" shitposting.

I understand entirely. Look at how our memes are starting to infest everything thanks to redditors. Popular websites are starting to become like this website, which is annoying because I don't go to those websites to see Sup Forums maymays, I go to Sup Forums to see Sup Forums maymays.

go back to /r9k/

Go back to /daily/

>You said that Zimmer was cheesy simplistic music for dumb teens (which is true). I said that rock music and all other popular music was also cheesy simplistic music for dumb teens (which is also true).
You're saying "because popular music, = for dumb teens" which is not the argument I'm making at all, that's super fucking vapid.

I did

>Muh secret clubhouse
>No girls allowed.

go back to /r9k/

>>Muh secret clubhouse
>>No girls allowed.
>implying this is bad in any way
how about you fuck off to reddit instead of shitting up my board :^)?

except 99% of the music subreddits are hot garbage too
also r/funny is the Sup Forums of reddit

i JUSTT made a 5 hr LONG HUUUUGE playlist of dep ocean music for STUDY and RELAxatION!!

FeaTURES DEEP CUTS AND SHALLOW CUTS alike!!!

sprinkle a lil salt on datshiit

>no Death Grips

More patrician than here then.

If Sigur Ros is on that playlist I will hang myself right now and stream it on periscore

>There's plenty of quality music forums to post on besides Sup Forums.

If you can show me a music forum in which I can post anonymously and that doesn't have a voting system, I'll gladly join.

>mfw it's all literally-whos and Hans "couldn't be dimmer" Zimmer so i don't have to kill myself

THIS

not that user but

>except 99% of the music subreddits are hot garbage too
Sure. And 99% of what's posted on Sup Forums is the same. Both are occasionally worth digging through in order to find the 1%.