Why Viet Cong changed their name?

Preoccupation sucks

So people would talk about them.

"cultural appropriation"
"triggering"

this is wrong
this is correct

Because they're pussies

because they had a lame excuse for picking viet cong anyway.
Preoccupation just shows they don't plan shit. could have picked a better name.
music isnt that good tbqh

Because they are sellouts.

Also they were always overrated. Continental Shelf and maybe Newspaper Spoons were the only good songs on that album. The rest was derivative post-punk. I mean wtf Silhouettes is so bland and boring jesus christ.

Cassette was the better record anyways.

Still one of the best live shows i've been to. Look forward to seeing what they do in the future

shut up faggot. they hadnt to do any excuse to use that fuckin name. jesus christ i hate SJW so much please kill your family and then kill yourself

Because they are nu-male mangina cucks

How could they go from one of the coolest band names to some unpronounceable shit over some little internet-skets

they are le done

Because they most likely wanted an edgy communist-related name, like Gang of Four and The Durruti Column, but didn't count in that the slants wouldn't take it.

The more liberal venues wouldn't let them play

because freedom of speech is dead, not because of the government, but because of hysteria

suck my dick

wow way to back down on your word what a bunch of faggots

they put out an interview back when that s/t was released about how they wouldn't change the name because it was just a name for their band and people didn't have to listen or like it.

I don't hate you for your ideology I hate you because you're a fucking attention whoring tripfag.

Try the most liberal venues
And by that I mean one
And by one I mean Oberlin

If you're not familiar with Oberlin's reputation, look it up

The funny thing is that the Viet Cong were the good guys who defended their country after it was invaded.

The Vietnamese community in the US is largely made up of right-wing traitors who fled the country like rats after they lost the war.

And now those same people have successfully leveraged identity politics to forward their revisionist history.

lol?

>supporting either side in a US/Soviet proxy war

I thought I was the only commie bastard on this board.

Sup Forums is probably the most leftist board on Sup Forums

Yeah, because every other board is full of lolberts and fascists.

Sup Forums, /his/ and /lit/ are pretty left leaning as well.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /r9k/ are the only "right" leaning boards outside of Sup Forums afaik.

you cant pronounce preoccupations?

what is wrong with you?

ok that's it, time to go back to pol

Oberlin used to have really fucking good artists play but since the VC incident they literally only book the most shitty SJW artists they can find

>March of Progress
>Death
>Deriative post-punk

>being this booty sore over the word cuck
cuck spotted

Haha you wish
/k/ is also right wing

>he doesn't have a mangina
I bet you don't have a boypussy either

They only picked it because they thought it "sounded cool" in the first place, and they werent particularly attached to it

They didnt want to make a stink about it. Not like they were bending over backwards, it wasnt a big deal for them.

not even close
Sup Forums is farther left, and /lit/ is arguably the only board that openly tolerates radicals
>based furrer
hearty kek
see

Im a libertarian, but I don't go on Sup Forums, but I'm more "socially" left I guess.

Sup Forums isn't a left-wing board.

It's a liberal board. Huge difference. People here have socially acceptable facebook-tier opinions on "culture wars" topics like trannies in bathrooms and black lives matter and deliver large heapings of lowercase snark on anybody who doesn't parrot those soundbytes. Nobody here has actually read Marx

The only boards smart enough to be considered left-leaning are /lit/ and /his/

I'm right-wing and I support gays and trans
muh Non Aggression Principle