So I just found out the Turing killed himself because he was gay...

So I just found out the Turing killed himself because he was gay. Interesting how much of CS was founded by a guy with such a weak mind.

Does this make anyone question the legitimacy of CS as a science? I know it ruins it for me.

he killed himself because he was persecuted for being gay. he was forcefully sterilized, by the government or something like that.

nice troll post though. not bumping

The real kicker was how stupid he was.
He knew being openly gay was illegal.
He still did it anyway and got himself caught.
He chose the sterilization instead of jail time because he was so autistic he didn't want to be separated from his fancy adding machines.

No, his virtuous compatriots called him out on his sin and the subsequent guilt ate him up from the inside, leading to his suicide.

careful with that edge

okay reddit

Turing just ripped off Church and von Neumann. He wasn't that important.

I was going to refute this, but then I realised this board is filled with flaming homosexuals

can't refute facts

Turing killed himself because the government forced him into hormonal therapy and attempted to chemically castrate him. Hormonal therapy usually leads to some form of temporary depression, that coupled with being publicly ridiculed and forced out of his government code-breaking job because of it probably lead him to becoming an hero. He was smarter than any of us will ever be, and he had sex so doesn't matter.

Look mom I'm on Sup Forums so I have to "troll"!!

>weak mind

I suppose you think you're stronger/smarter

How do you feel being a bigger faggot than Turing?

> with such a weak mind
Some clever people have trouble understanding how fucking dumb and superficial people can be, because they aren't quite that way.

It's like some german scientists were dumbfounded by some of their competent colleagues falling for "jews at fault for everything" propaganda that just didn't work out.

Same thing for wondering why the fuck anyone would have to get outraged over you being (consensually) homosexual.

The legitimacy of knowledge is wholly independent from the individual who discovered that knowledge.

>It's like some german scientists were dumbfounded by some of their competent colleagues falling for "jews at fault for everything" propaganda that just didn't work out.

Turing didn't invent CS you idiot

Yes he did you idiot.

Look up Turing Test and Turing Machine, both those are foundational in any intro CS course.

this

killing yourself unironically takes a lot of courage.

only if you go out like yukio mishima

If you think someone's "degenerate" life choices somehow invalidate their contributions to something as removed from human emotion as logic and mathematics, you don't deserve to be studying computer science anyway.

that doesn't mean Turing invented CS you idiot.
He's merely the face of it but he didn't "invent" it.

You can't say that someone "invented" or "founded" an industry, or 'science field' if you want.

The reason he's such a big face of CS is because he was involved in WW2.Literally anything about WW2 is blown out of proportions for obvious reasons.

This.

There were any number of people in the British Establishment who believed it was their duty to kill gays. But to kill him while he was so important to the war effort would have been treasonable.
So they bided their time. He died of cyanide poisoning, most likely from eating a poisoned apple.

This