Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6_qhP3eWX5N8fH06dMad-H6G13RZ4Wlq
youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5Jw9T5Zk&list=PL6_qhP3eWX5N8fH06dMad-H6G13RZ4Wlq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is good

is ok

is your fridge running

Still need to listen to it, but after that single which was an almost carbon copy of Echoless Chamber I'm expecting it to be good, but only, because it's more of the same.
Am I right?

I think the it's a fucking masterpiece. Album of the decade

It's great.

Great album, kept posting yesterday but death grips and James Blake overshadowed. Yesterday was an excellent day in music . Radiohead tmr too.

Collaspe is my favourite along with the epic closing track. But pillars of sand doesn't fucking end with the immensity lol. So many great tracks.
This is a 9/10 at the very minimum. But still bottomless pit AOTY GG.

Worth the 5 year wait. Great stuff. I'm so glad they decided to add these extra nuances.

listened to it once and it was bretty gud

It's their best one. The composition is especially better.

link?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6_qhP3eWX5N8fH06dMad-H6G13RZ4Wlq

I mean 320 Mega link

Fucking great

Definitely their best album, and also definitely the best thrash metal album since 1991, zero fucking contest.
Recharging the Void is an 11/10 for me, it's so, so good.

Evolutionary new sound for them
There's even some cohesive story between the tracks about something called Cygnus

It's actually a concept album about a guy (the astronaut from the track Outer Isolation apparently) finding a particle that extends life (and I think also might de-age you or something) and uses it to take down the tyrannical Cygnus regime. However, he ends up instituting his own regime to maintain order, and they conquer the galaxy and grow bored and unfulfilled with eternal life and conquest. They end up sacrificing themselves to fix something at the end, I think. Also David DiSanto, Vektor's vocalist and one of their guitarists, said that there are hidden biblical meanings in there.

Isn't that basically the plot of Voivod's Phobos?

I find it amazing. I still prefer the thrashier tracks like Liquid Crystal Disease, Psychotropia, and Pteropticon but the whole album is still fantastic. And hot damn Recharging the Void is insane. The last 3 minutes shoot this album to the next galaxy.

I can't tell what that album's concept is supposed to be from reading its lyrics, but it kind of reminds me of Dimension Hatröss, where Korgüll or "the main Voivod" or whoever it's supposed to be creates his own universe with a particle accelerator and enters it, but after intelligent life evolves there he finds that the problems of our universe (like terrorism and an elite class ruling over everyone) end up occuring with their intelligent life forms as well, and at the end he gets in some psychic battle with some enemies in that universe and then leaves it and destroys it in the process, deeming Dimension Hatröss to be a failed experiment.

>metal

4.17 on RYM

4.7 on Sputnik

The sheer amounts of love this is getting is ridiculous. Blowing Radiohead and Death Grips away here

>4.17 on RYM
Damn, it really is a masterpiece then huh

That will drop soon, probably

Someone on RYM gave it a 1/5 but they have Poison in their favorite artists lists, so

But they'll drop down from greatest album of all time numbers to AOTY/AOTD numbers. Most decent albums drop down from AOTY/AOTD numbers to decent album numbers.

So it'll end up at about 3.92?

album of the fucking year

best metal album ive heard in so long and is getting me back into the genre. this is some revolutionary shit theyre slinging

Vektor is literally the only modern Metal band I still listen to, very excited for this.

Anyone else feel like Pteropticon is a bit "unnecessary"?

It's really great, especially the second half. Those last 3 songs man. Just amazing stuff.

its so fun though

PTEROPTICONNNNNNNNN

>3 reviews on metal archives
>99% average
Wew

>the fucking solos in that song
Unnecessarily awesome

Hell no.
I thought you were talking about Psychotropia for a second, though, and was about to get even more mad. DUUUUUUN DUUUUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUN DUUUUUN

Nah Psychotropia is fun, guess I didn't like how they basically reused a riff from LCD for Pteropticon

the more you listen to them, the more you'll realize that they reuse a lot of riffs

The highest average I can think of on Metal Archives is Sad Wings of Destiny at 96% with 17 reviews

it's part of how the album follows a storyline, like how they quote "charging the void" in "recharging the void"

The opening of Charging the Void features the guitar feedback noises of Outer Isolation's ending in reverse. The ending of Recharging the Void segues into the sound effects of Outer Isolation. (I mean the track Outer Isolation in both cases, not the full album.)

Fuck Beyonce, fuck Death Grips, fuck Radiohead; these guys are where it's at this year. I can't believe that it's a fucking thrash band that pulls off such a great release.

this

God damn, I didn't even notice that. I love this band

link pls

youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5Jw9T5Zk&list=PL6_qhP3eWX5N8fH06dMad-H6G13RZ4Wlq

kat.cr

/vektor-terminal-redux-2016-320ak-t12555632.html

What about pitchfork?

>kat.cr
>/vektor-terminal-redux-2016-320ak-t12555632.html

Bless you

8.something

Their review didn't say anything actually negative about it apart from "it’s a lot to handle all at once, and maybe a bit silly" but it still got an 8.2/10. Weird rating since the interview seems to go on about how Vektor are an innovative metal band.

Wow I had no idea you guys liked thrash metal

Most of the time Sup Forums doesn't (even /metal/ tends to be dismissive of it, if it isn't obscure and/or less than 15 years old at least) but this album really is a masterpiece

>Memektor

No.

/meal/ pls leave

Sounds like a sequel to Hemispheres

I bet you thought you were clever writing this

VEKTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

Shit, there are a lot of mentions of Cygnus bringing balance

they don't, they just like trendy metal

Rush also did what describes here, but with sound effects and samples from Cygnus Part 1 on A Farewell to Kings.

they should turn this shit into a movie

still cant get over how good this is