What would happen to Intel, AMD & Nvidia if all forms of video gaming instantly died/disappeared?

What would happen to Intel, AMD & Nvidia if all forms of video gaming instantly died/disappeared?

Isnt that what a lack of GPU supply has done?

Intel and AMD are relied upon for servers and workstations along with general use systems
CUDA has taken over many industries so NVIDIA can survive.

Intel would be fine. Nvidia would lose a ton of revenue but compute would keep them going.
As for AMD, do they even make a profit as of now?

What would happen to Lenovo Thinkpads if Autism didn't exist?

NVidia still makes like 60% of their revenue from gaming. They'd have to downsize instantly or die.

They had full-year profit for 2017.

Have you existed in the past year? Ryzen, Threadripper, and EPYC are raking in the profits. Also helps that they can't sell enough video cards.

They'd lose considerable profits, but GPU's are still heavily used in professional settings like rendering, modeling, drafting, simulations, etc.

Features like fancy enclosures, factory OC-ing, RGB LED's, aftermarket coolers etc would all disappear, and we'd probably see a bigger trend towards power efficiency over raw power.

i want the new amd 2400g in a nuc styled case hnnng

>Features like fancy enclosures, factory OC-ing, RGB LED's, aftermarket coolers etc would all disappear
I'm okay with this.
>and we'd probably see a bigger trend towards power efficiency over raw power.
I'm extremely ok with this.

>AI
>Servers
>mobile cpus
>self driving cars
>planes
>rendering for movies/animations
>general pc's/laptops

nvidia could license CUDA and make money at the expense of ML market share.

the world would become a far better place

Does that include slot machines and video poker?

I've never understood why Sup Forums spergs out about gaming so much when games did so much to advance the PC market. Not to mention gaming is almost single handedly keeping the consumer desktop and aftermarket parts markets alive.

>Citrix Xen
probably nothing

less deepfakes

I've never understood why gamers take credit for all the things we were doing on mainframes, minicomputers and high-end workstations decades before PC gaming became even a blip on the radar. Games don't advance computing forward, but they do improve it for consumers by giving further motivation to companies to bring advancements from the actual high end down into the consumer space. NVIDIA and ATI didn't invent 3D graphics, but they played a big part in commoditizing the hardware needed to drive them.
>Not to mention gaming is almost single handedly keeping the consumer desktop and aftermarket parts markets alive.
Last time I checked, big OEMs were still rolling in cash and selling millions upon millions of systems not built at all for playing games. PC gamers and whitebox PCs are a vocal minority, or a plurality at best.

What would happen to Sup Forums if every faget like (you) kys urself?

In a situation like this, they probably would crash due the thing that made the video game industry disappear.
This or due the panic at the stock market.

So they'd just lose their free beta-testers, big fucking deal...

i have started to hate what if questions, it's truly wasted brainpower. as is Sup Forums so i take back what i said and go fuck myself.

Nothing

They'd just keep selling to their biggest customers: miners.

Just because you CS/IT majors are far too stupid and slow-witted for video games doesn't mean you should hate video games.