Please, stop praising this album. It's contrived garbage dressed in discount jazz and unsavory maximalism...

Please, stop praising this album. It's contrived garbage dressed in discount jazz and unsavory maximalism. Every time a "discussion" about this album comes up, this board essentially mirrors /r/hiphopheads.

ITT: Overrated albums general, I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nptnOcSklU0
youtube.com/watch?v=gvpbQ7N84K8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nothing to see here, folks

>unsavory maximalism

Shut up faggot

i've noticed that in the past few days, the only threads i've seen even mentioning this album are ones telling people to stop talking about it/praising it
are they all you? is this your new post-ironic meme project?

IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK

The Life of Pablo and Yeezus are both better than TPAB.

Look I understand that this album was very influential and all but I think it holds up pretty badly to be honest.

You right same with GKMC and MBDTF

I think you're wrong

Sargent Pepperoni's...it's TOO CHEESY

Saying TLOP is better than literally anything is an unforgivable sin

Nice response, friends.

I like WLWH so much more
Heroin and European Son are great extremes and the tamer songs have some great songwriting but the end result is underwhelming coming from my perspective, WLWH is much more dynamic in its delivery as well as more consistent with its intention.

this is literally the only album in the world that should not fit the definition of overrated

If there are any albums from the 2010's that will be remembered as classics, do you guys think this would be one?

I know this is a joke, but I agree. Abbey Road is far better, yet receives way less praise. What gives?

actually i havent listened to that yet ill probably give it a listen soon

Wait are you defending OP
I like Pet Sounds far better. It's more sincere or something, I think. Also the arrangements on the instrumental tracks are so cool. Pet Sounds was truly a piece of art.

>sex

youtube.com/watch?v=nptnOcSklU0
youtube.com/watch?v=gvpbQ7N84K8

Yes cause of the acclaim, but people in the future will see through the facade desu. MBDTF, Yeezus, GKMC are the real classics of the 10s

Yes I am.
Also, I agree that Pet Sounds is better.

Yes absolutely. GKMC too.
Ehhhh I think WLWH is too disjointed and indulgent. Really them just fucking around honestly.

I mean I obviously love all of the 3 first albums but I feel like Banana Album was the perfect storm.

i can understand why people like it but too me its really uninteresting and inconsistent

I personally think the classics of this generation will be albums like TPAB, unfortunately. The mainstream supports artists not because of what they make, but who they make it for.

TLOP is perfect apart from Waves, Low Lights, I Love Kanye and reworked Feedback

I've never seen a convincing argument as to why TPAB is actually good either. It's always "the overwhelming blackness," or "it's so diverse and eccentric!!" Fuck that. In this case, diversity just means mediocrity. Whenever someone argues against, they're fucking memed to death by the equivalent to beyonce's fucking fans.

Why are you defending OP. You obviously like pet sounds, which excels in sincere songwriting topics and complex yet beautiful live arrangements.

TPAB is a totally different genre and time period but it also does that.
Kendrick plays characters, creates scenes with layered beats and beat change-ups, makes social commentary on various issues, and pays homage to various 'black genres,' including cool jazz, hardcore hip hop, P-funkadelic funk, Gil Scott heron style spoken word, and even explores psychedelia and soundtrack style arrangements. The album is raw yet perfect in its execution. It's amazing and it will be a classic.

How? Have you only read some pitchfork reviews and read news about the BET awards? Have you even heard the music?

The music attacks 'whites are bad' mentality people on 'Complexion' and tells impoverished minorities to get off their asses and stop blaming others on 'Institutionalized.'

Kendrick plays different people beautifully on each track, and the beats match the situations and messages he describes.

I almost feel bad describing the album as 'good beats' and 'good rapping' because everything flows together perfectly and all of the elements are in perfect harmony.

He does most of this yes, but he failed in execution and made a bloated, dull, boring and album complete with over the top preaching and sounds that clashed in a terrible way.
Wesley's theory sets the album up well (10/10 intro) and suggests a mood, but for free kills that mood, is the most cringe-inducing thing he's ever written (even more than no make-up) and has no place on the album.
Then the poppy king kunta starts, throwing it into another direction sonically and confusing the listener again despite being a good song. Then we have the slow-paced institutionalised which is an ok song but again suffers from ruining any flow the album had, then another stark change into funky these walls, THEN FUCKING U OF ALL SONGS COMES NEXT??? Why Kendrick, why can't you sequence this at all when GKMC has a perfect track order? This continues throughout with a huge lull in the middle where the listener will struggle to not collapse due to the dull tracks. And fucking you aint gotta lie comes after the blacker the berry, which again clashes like fuck and makes 0 fucking sense.
There are some great tracks on here, but trash like for free, hood politics (BOO BOO!), the ending of mortal man should not be here, and some of the other average tracks should've been dropped. The song sequencing is some of the worst of all time. All this is coming from a massive Kendrick fan, who loved all his previous work.

wrong opinions

damn you convinced me otherwise with your great argument, pls stop defending this critic bait bullshit and think for yourself

I think there are some albums from this decade that will be classics, but TPAB won't really be one of them. It'll definitely be remembered, but it won't be considered on the same level as a true classic. It'll be seen as the most well executed of its style in its time, but ultimately highly dated.

ok first of all

>TLOP
I love this album but it's literally one of the most incohesive hip hop albums ive ever heard.

>Yeezus
ok lmao lets do death grips but more accessible with awful lyrics

>GKMC
it's great and all but the fact that he had to put in some commercial bullshit on there like Swimming Pools and Maad city to appease plebs who honestly thing GKMC is better than TPAB

MBDTF = TPAB

I thought it was a really excellent listen, but I don't find myself going back to it as much. I still respect it a ton though, it's an amazing album that has to truly be experienced as an album to be appreciated. There's not many albums like that in the mainstream anymore.

Don't worry, only Pitchfork nerds rate this shit. Its hip-hop for people who don't listen to hip-hop.
The people who rate this have 36 Chambers and Illmatic in their top 10 LMAO.

Nah. TPAB deserves all the praise it gets.

yup

nah it's gonna be a classic for the avid listeners maybe not for mainstream.

For example, Operation Doomsday isn't remembered or talked about at all in terms of mainstream classics but for people who listen to music on a deeper level, it is a classic. I think it's the same for TPAB

The second part of your post is precisely on point.

I mean I like jazzmatazz 2 better but that is just me

this

>Now I fucked this model, etc
>Sometimes I wish that my dick had a go pro / So i could play that shit in slow-mo
>Whip out,bitch out/Tits out oh shit my dick out
>You left your fridge open somebody just took a sandwich
>I know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
I know it's corny niggas you wish you could unswallow
I know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
I know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow

come on user

this

get over it

let people have good things for once

100%

its pretty bad desu and now its going to encourage Kendrick to make artsy rap instead of what hes used to

GKMC doesn't have a perfect track order. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe totally kills the vibe. And for me the coherence comes from, risking sounding black apologist, the fact that all the songs are products of the history of black music. The songs are like snapshots of different perspectives and voices from history. To be fair, For Free is corny af.

this, but for Miley Cyrus and her Dead Petz
seriously, get over it, just let people have good things for once