I'm done with hating radiohead. This is the comfiest album ever made

I'm done with hating radiohead. This is the comfiest album ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2005/07/klostermans_the.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OiObUvxOXpA
youtube.com/watch?v=q8inVehcG90
youtube.com/watch?v=2tntR5zZfQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is very comfy.
I remember back when the minecraft beta first came out and I used to just get stoned, play that and listen to Kid A.
Fantastic times. What the fuck happened?

It was

I honestly would like to hear a genuine criticism of this album. As something which combines relevant avant-garde ideas with a modern pop-oriented alt-rock mentality there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's better, but not as comfy

Amnesiac's great but it's not comfy. Packd like Sardines, Pulk/Pull, MB/Amnesiac and Hunting Bears are all eerie imo.

No, it's comfier, but not as good

Everything, National Anthem, Optimisitc, Idioteque are not comfy songs

And Disappear and MPS are sad songs

The only comfy song left is the title track

Only one I'd agree with is Idioteque. Everything's comfy as hell!

It's desperate, anxious, claustrophobic, just like Thom was when he wrote it. It's only at the very end when it lets go of itself that it becomes comfy listening

liking the album that predicted 9/11?

to edgy 4 me kid

>predicted 9/11?
Explain please

some guy wrote this book about his interpretations of songs/albums

vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2005/07/klostermans_the.html

there's also this really cool double album theory for okc/inrainbows

That would be Yankee hotel foxtrot

best radiohead album

This was always the Stretch Armstrong of conspiracy theories. Basically "These lyrics are pretty abstract so I'll draw some lines to a real event and call it prophetic"

>What the fuck happened?
Only you can know that, user.

>The first song on Kid A paints the Manhattan skyline at 8:00 A.M. on Tuesday morning; the song is titled "Everything in Its Right Place." People woke up that day "sucking on a lemon," because that's what life normally feels like on the Manhattan subway; the city is a beautiful, sour, sarcastic place

Into the trash it goes

I just listened to Kid A for the first time recently, and it is indeed a very good album, although I personally get tired of Thom Yorke's voice sometimes. I'd never listened to any full Radiohead album before, I only really knew "Creep", which is literally cringe-tier imo, but Kid A was very good.

What should I listen to next?

Amnesiac

OK Computer
then Amnesiac
Then Hail to the Thief
then In Rainbows
Then The King of Limbs
Then Bends
Then Pablo Honey

I'd want to be your friend irl, user

All this LP9 hype has made me go back to Radiohead after barely listening to them these past few years. It turns out, Kid A and OK Computer are still pretty great. Gonna listen to Amnesiac later; I remember thinking it was ok but maybe it's awesome now.

Is there another album comparable to Kid A in its style?

Overrated snorefest

hmmm interesting

IN RAINBOWS
N

R
A
I
N
B
O
W
S

>was initially going to be released 9/11/2001
>cover art is two buildings
>"tall buildings shake, voices escape singing sad sad songs"
>"skyscrapers are scraping together your voice is smoking"
>ashes of American flags

I started reading Akira around the same time I started really listening to this album. I now hold an unshakable subconscious belief that Kid A is actually about Akira.

>comfy
>with songs like "EIIRP", "Kid A", "The National Anthem", "HTDC", "Idioteque", "Morning Bell",

Motion Picture Soundtrack I can kind of understand; even though the lyrics are EXTREMELY depressing, the music itself is quite comforting. But the vast majority of the album is incredibly anxious and unsettling, special shoutouts going to "Kid A" and "The National Anthem". Then again, everyone interprets music differently, so what might be unsettling to me might be comfy to someone else.

>that last song
i just can't with those feels

there's something about post-apocalyptic atmospheres that i find very comfy idkw

example of that
>youtube.com/watch?v=OiObUvxOXpA
>youtube.com/watch?v=q8inVehcG90
>youtube.com/watch?v=2tntR5zZfQ0

>tfw no-one likes the bends besides me
>feels bad man

bullet proof makes me cry, not the lyrics, but the melody

Surprisingly very true, I remember on first listen, Amnesiac seemed darker and more unsettling, but now I find the clean synths, twinkling sounds and robotic percussion on Kid A much more eerie. Amnesiac has an atmosphere that is very easy to get comfortable in after you get used to it, love the muddier production and worn out vibe

>tfw the bends is my 3rd favorite radiohead
JUST and My Iron Lung are great songs man

No you are not allowed to let people have opinions here on Sup Forums, you need to tell them what they think is shit.
Learn the rules user

whats comfy, Sup Forums

Kid A's sound always reminds me of early 2000's low-quality flash movies from newgrounds or other websites. It's kinda like salad fingers music except that that's boards of canada. It just has that eerie old computer generated sound that has been moved away from as electronic music advanced further. Kid A couldn't be made now because it sounds like windows 98.

>And it's followed by an instrumental piece without melody ("Treefingers"), because what can you say when skyscrapers collapse? All you can do is stare at them with your hand over your mouth.

After how disappointing Burn the Witch was I've listened to this so much. Best fucking opener

EIIRP is so fucking comfy, those synths are lush

The whole album is like a surreal depiction of a mental breakdown in a society ruled by cheap advertisements, automated jobs, and instant gratification. On multiple levels Kid A is probably the harshest, coldest album I've ever listened to.

if anything kinf of limbs is comfy

i hope everyone has at least one album listen that makes them feel what my first kid a listen made me feel

i wish anything else ever again made me feel like that. but that's not happening, me being dead inside and all

Easy

I like the bends and am not afraid of you bullies. listened to every album numerous times, and high and dry is the best song to come out of radiohead imo

i know what you mean. i was floored when i heard kid a for the first time. i felt like i was flying

tkol is mega comfy