It's like if tame impala ditched the neo-psych element of their music and just made shitty nu-male rock...

It's like if tame impala ditched the neo-psych element of their music and just made shitty nu-male rock. Can you explain why you like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gE5bD54-ewg
youtube.com/watch?v=EqitvCprMEg
youtube.com/watch?v=wciipP7EIWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IM IN YOUR MIND

literally 5/10 garage rock please explain to me why this is good without saying the words "catchy" or "good"

I would have liked it but I can't fucking standing hearing the lead singer breathing constantly.

I don't consider someone who unironically uses the term "nu-male" as a human being, but a caricature of one

I like droning repitition, odd time signatures, and heavily filtered vocals

>i dont like that you have a different opinion than me so i will make a ad hominem attack and convince myself that your opinion isnt valid

so why do you guys hate tame impala but love this garbage?

oddly enough I feel Tame Impala is a less impressive alternative to King Gizzard. Gizzard does some pretty neat long-form guitar work, influenced by jazz to an extent (however shallow that may be), and in my experience they can conjure up moments of psychedelic excellence. Tame Impala has always struck me as lazy pop rock with a psych lean. Like Lonerism is pretty good but everything else totally sucks, and even then Lonerism is really derivative of so many better bands. I just feel like King Gizzard is the stronger band because they have a little more originality.

u had me at odd time sigs.

>explain to me why this is good without saying the word "good"

oh Sup Forums

King Gizzard is just a pale facsimile of Thee Oh Sees. Everything this album does John Dwyer has done but with more variety and with greater skill. King Gizzard is bar cover band quality at best.

Absolutely truth. Its just a prententious version of thee oh sees

Tame Impala is the modern-day equivalent of the Beatles.

youtube.com/watch?v=gE5bD54-ewg

"no"

>shitty nu-male rock
Go outside lmao
>stop liking what I don't like
And grow up

>liking tumblr music
grow up

>Kevin sounds like John
>slightly psychedelic music
>MODERN BEATLES
doesn't work like that champ

nice insecurity f a m
try calling me a pleb next time :~]

>slightly psychedelic music
>slightly
youtube.com/watch?v=EqitvCprMEg

Tangible Rays

What a terrible song

Neo psych pop bc trash. Try again.

this
also this but i still like king gizzard

0/10

I won't deny they have a few genuinely fantastic psych songs under their belt. But that's the exception, not the rule.

my favorite part of them is when they are being aussi nu metal

if you havnt, listen to
>quarters
>eyes like the sky
>float along - fill your lungs
>oddments

youtube.com/watch?v=wciipP7EIWU

this is literally the white stripes but garage and psych rock instead of blues rock

well when its the closest thing to it people will latch onto that idea. I dont think its true either

>this is literally the white stripes
the frontman in King gizz and jack white are wayy different in terms of what kind things they sing about.

and id say the drummers are in king gizz are a lot better than meg haha

idk man just listen to some other pysch rock

Heavy psych and garage rock influenced psych > the garbage Tame Impala puts out

trips of truth

I haven't checked them out because I just hate the name. Pretty stupid but whatever. I really don't like nonsens-y "long and catchy words"-band names or "yada and the yada-yadas", and this is a fucking combination of it.

Not even that user but it wasn't the opinion but the choice of words that was questioned.

Lrn2reeed

>MFW I run an advertising campaign for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and they asked me to do something for these guys and I had no fucking clue who they are

yeah, but "nu male" is ad hom, so you kinda deserved being attacked by way of ad hom, piece of shit ass

dodocah
dodocah
dodocah
dodocah
dododododo
It's fucking shit.

King gizz are good, but every album sounds the same.

please explain to us why this is bad without saying its shit

What makes these guys attatched to the nu-male thing? I'm not seeing it.

"Nu-male" is just like "cuck". Some meaningsless meme certain people spout when they can't express themselves properly.

Small correction, cuck does mean something. However those certain people tend to use it in a way that doesn't make sense with its meaning.

I really enjoyed this album. My only complaint about them is that I wished they improvised heavily live.

My opinion, is yours, but reversed.

>he doesnt walk around asking his friend if they listen to king gizzard and the lizard wizard

>slow fade in
literally why