Meme browser vs meme OS

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/donations.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OpenBSD is worried using Pale Moon's libraries without OpenBSD fixes will cause bugs and crashes. Pale Moon is worried using OpenBSD's libraries without Pale Moon fixes will cause bugs and crashes.

This is a lose-lose situation and there's no way out of it, short of Pale Moon distributing OpenBSD builds of the browser themselves (as they can, whereas OpenBSD cannot distribute a browser named "Pale Moon" without their permission).

And people ask why BSDs are shit. Fucking toxic community.

Brainlet here, can someone explain?

>FreeBSD
lol, the devs don't even run it on their own systems.

>"just do whatever"
>gets cucked anyway
lmao @ bsd-tards

>openBSD changes Pale Moons build config in their own distro to use their own libraries, not the ones shipped with PM (probably because that's how they can make PM work in openBSD)
>this is against the PM license agreement about distributing the browser with official branding
>some PM dev makes legally correct but otherwise quite rude "request" (more like an order) to openBSD devs to either remove the external library usage or official branding
>openBSD devs dismiss him in one post because 1. he is not the one who owns the rights to the branding 2. he was an asshole

"Additionally, your confrontational attitude dismisses you from any and all future discussions on the matter. I will only speak to M.C. Straver about this issue, and I wish to do so amicably. Your attitude demonstrates that you are unfit to be an intermediary of any sort."

>you will do as I say
>the other guy then threats the FreeBSD community
This is why CoCs exist: because programmers are a bunch of autistic faggots with no manners or social skills.
Pale Moon and their autistic devs can go fuck themselves. There is no point in using their shit either, they're stuck at an ancient and deprecated version of Gecko and their "lol, we're actually a fork" is no excuse since they can't even keep up with new features or security patches.

> You will revise your mozconfig located at www/palemoon/files/mozconfig to remove the following
> will do no such thing until I speak with the person who owns the rights to the intellectual property
> Now, follow the license terms, please.
> There will be no Pale Moon browser, official or not. The port has been removed. Farewell, petulant children
So.
Told to comply, throws a fit, told to comply by another person too, throws another fit. Reminds me of Phil Fish.

> probably because that's how they can make PM work in openBSD
> The redist license's stipulations apply in that it provides an exception to the need for permission in specific situations (see point 8, specifically)
No, that's not the point, apparently.
> >openBSD devs dismiss him in one post because 2. he was an asshole
Boo fucking hoo, feels got hurty? Cry me a river.

>OMG HES A FURRY
>OMG HE CENSORS CERTAIN ADDONS
>OMG HE HATES LICENSE BREAKING DISTRIBUTION

WHO CARESSSSSSSSSSS
IF U DONT LIKE MOONCHILD THEN DONT USE IT

You guys are triggering the fuk out of me today
RRRRRRRRRRR

>imblying dat da furry is right
Beastie gonna get you lad.

delete this ~__~

>he's rude on the Internet because he's hardcore like that
Hey guys, how can I be as cool as you? :D

TrueOS and OpenBSD are the only good BSD
GhostBSD is decent but not perfect
>Pale Moon and their autistic devs can go fuck themselves
but they were right and that's what is important

>they were right and that's what matters
Nobody cares.

because? I think people should have things fixed and running well.
wolfbeast showed how you talk with people that don't know how to even compile simple libraries
People want things safer and cleaner, they don't want to watch two ladies talking to each other

Fucking hell. That was the only non-botnet browser that could handle my large amount of tabs relatively ok. I hardly use OpenBSD because none of my hardware's supported, but fuck that shit. Looks like I'm on the lookout for a new browser again.

what a bunch of whiny cunts.

>1. he is not the one who owns the rights to the branding
He dismisses the one who does own the rights too though.

>random guy starts preliminary work on an unofficial port
>"OpenBSD dev"
let's not mince words here, this is hardly PM vs OBSD. It's literally PaleMeme autists raiding a random dude's hobby github project.

>dude starts hobby github project to port an app
>autist throws a fit
>dude tells autist to chill out
>more autists swarm in with more threats and tantrums
>bystanders call out autists for being douchebags
Are you dense? Do you understand context?

>dude starts hobby github project to port an app
>but he doesn't know how to do it
that's the issue

> defending one side or the other
The whole thing is an embarrassing autismo shitfit on all fronts, and y'all faggots are demonstrating yourselves to be no better.

>guy makes a mistake in a "WIP" repo
>some autist gets mad and orders him to change it
I would just delete it too

The PM team doesn't have any claims here whatsoever.
They aren't redistributing any of PM's code, they're only providing a build script they wrote themselves.

>the person who owns the rights to the intellectual property
There is no intellectual property. Pale Moon is not a trademark.

what a fagoot
fuck palememe

>only take up hobbies you're already an expert in
t. brainlet

>it's autistic to start toy projects for porting apps now
this is a literal nothing-burger repo started by a nobody, who was... (wait for it...) actually /surprised/ to find people in charge of a relatively large open source project viscously attacking him for following the target OS's porting directions.
>but muh centrist/both-are-wrong defense
fuck off

Where can I donate to send a cease and desist to the Palemoon team?

openbsd.org/donations.html

It doesn't seem to be an official OpenBSD project.

Just give it time, they work at a leisurely pace. I'm sure it'll be addressed at the next hackathon.

OpenBSD packagers should’ve just rebranded theirs as “failmoon” or “shitbrowser3.0” or something. Problem solved.

>some PM dev makes legally correct but otherwise quite rude "request" (more like an order) to openBSD devs to either remove the external library usage or official branding
It's not legally correct at all.
The PM license is only backed by their copyright.
Since no actual PM code is distributed, the license doesn't apply at all.

WEW LADS I GOT REKT IN MY ASSHOLE

REEEEEE
SOMONE SEND BACKUP ON THE CHANS!!
THE LIKE MINDED FAT GREASY AUTISTS WILL HELP ME!!

HUUUR DURRRR
-t. @Ibara

Awe someone sounds upset.
Baby got a booboo?

HE DIDNT FOLLOW THE RULES IDIOT
Maybe read next time.

What the fuck? I knew Moonchild was an autistic fucktard but never knew he was this bad

Look where you are at retard you have no high ground.
He was only giving him the rules of the browser and he didn't comply.

He doesn't distribute Pale Moon, he's only providing a script to build it.
He isn't bound to any of their rules.

> (You)

>He was only giving him the rules of the browser and he didn't comply.

This is literally the definition of autism