"The difference between America and Europe is that when an American sees a guy in a limousine drive past him...

"The difference between America and Europe is that when an American sees a guy in a limousine drive past him, he thinks 'Wow, if I work really hard, I could be in that limousine someday.' Whereas when a European sees a guy in a limousine drive past him, he thinks 'Dammit, I'm going to get that bastard.'"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0edY2zMNB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

incoming shitstorm in 3...2...1...

>>>/facebook/

Yeah I hate U2 too.

It's true though, if an American works hard, keeps a clean record, and really wants it, he or she might be able to drive a limousine one day.

Fuck this guy and his hypocritical stance on taxes.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

>"The difference between America and Europe is that when an American sees a guy in a limousine drive past him, he thinks 'Wow, if I work really hard, I could be in that limousine someday.'

Being a limo driver is not what I aspire to be though.

That's what you have Ukrainians for.

Despite the propaganda, America actually has the third tightest class structure after Britain/Safrica (or maybe it's the other way around Saf/Brit).

86% of millionaires are first generation.

Makes you wander where all the children of the previous millionaires went.

Bono needs to go away.

Paris Hiltons who squandered their parents' money and amounted to jack.

this bozo needs to be humbled a little bit I think

>"Dammit, I'm going to get that bastard."
>yfw the memes are true

wow..really makes you think

The American model is more like equality of opportunity while the European one is equality of outcome.

haha stupis faggot bono

you are black you do black job you are white you do white job

do job other than race have> ahaha laugh at person frm society as entirety

bono stupid person nevr america understand this come from experience and wise sage wisdom of person such as one speaking (me) this

>>>/reddit/

A millionaire isn't even rich these days
That's just from inflation since the last generation

Wish I had a million bucks.

>Bono
the potato famine was not far enough

Nah if he were alive back then he'd just emigrate to America.

>The difference between America and Europe is that when an American sees a guy in a limousine drive past him, he thinks 'Wow, if I work really hard, I could be in that limousine someday.' Whereas when a European sees a guy in a limousine drive past him, he thinks, how tacky.'"

No, he'd emigrate to the Netherlands to dodge taxes on his shitty band while complaining about austerity just like he does now.

>irish
>not even real irish, some assfaggot bender
>talking on behalf of europe

? ? ?

I never understood the fascination with this boring af band.

That quote is accurate, but it leaves out the fact that while optimistic, the vast majority of Americans will never achieve that level of success.

Europeans are just more realistic when it comes to predicting their future situation.

It's the same reason Americans are so against taxes and nationalised healthcare etc. because they think that, one day, they'll be the one in the back of the limousine and not the one driving it.

>
>Wish I had a million bucks.

Wishing isn't enough

Save and invest your money and you can become a millionaire eventually

This is true

It's never been a guarantee you'll become rich, just that you have the opportunity. It says in the Declaration of Independence, "All men are entitled to the pursuit of happiness." not "All men are entitled to happiness."

Like I said, Europeans believe in equality of outcome and that makes for a big difference.

>rich people are always right

Bono is a knob who pontificates that the average man doesn't do enough to contribute, while hiring the best accountants to set up perfect tax avoidance schemes for him.

I'm not opposed to tax avoidance, those people are just making the rules work for them, but it's the fact that he's such a hypocrite that annoys people.

True.

Americans are individualistic and don't have a collective/tribal mindset like Sweden.

We used to think the same though. Until we found out that it didn't create a better society at all. Or atleast the middle and lower classes did.
The big difference is that americans are contempt with being used as long as they have some kind of theoretic opportunity to do the same to others.

I remember how Henry Rollins was giving a concert in Dublin and got the crowd cheering when he called Bono a faggot.

Right in your own backyard.

>Like I said, Europeans believe in equality of outcome and that makes for a big difference.
Europe, home to Monaco, Luxembourg and Switzerland.

Why do Americans think Europe is one country?

Why did Ireland have such a music flowering in the 80s and produced nothing of substance before or since?

>U2
>Elvis Costello
>Sinead O'Connor
>Dexy's Midnight Runnerd

Because its cultureless

I agree. The little fucking spudnigger cunt.

Two of those aren't Irish. and another is half-English.

Plus, have you never heard of Westlife and Boyzone? :3

Kind of.

don't get it

He's basically saying you're a boring wafflefag.

I think you should slap his chops.

1 million dollars ain't even "fuck you" money.
You can easily get 1 mill+ in assets over time but even then it's not really like "there" if you know what I am saying.

French isn't EUROPA, they are just Europeans.

equality of opportunity doesn't even exist in America though. It's pretty much a meme phrase in regard to claiming America as such.

don't get it

>be europleb
>get rich
>become an obnoxious twat
>become hated in your own country
>y-you're just jealous!!!!
>move to america
>lots more fake nice people, and status-worshipping creeps to fawn over you
>wtf i love america now

He said you're a shitty non-country.

don't get it

Except no European country has equality of outcome, that is a myth that stems from the 'muh communism' bullshit.

You still have the opportunity the be successful but there are also systems in place to ensure a good standard of living for the majority. Only a small number of people can ever succeed at the expense of the majority, and there is no reason for the majority to suffer in a democracy.

Rich people can still be rich, but 'poor' people need not be destitute (at least not in a developed country anyway)

>and there is no reason for the majority to suffer in a democracy
They don't though. Poor, shitty countries are invariably dictatorships.

Wooooooooooah Black Betty

This is true, but a considerable number of us would also chuckle to ourselves at such an ostentatious move.

>Americans life ambition is to be chauffer

So, Americans are delusional and Europeans are psychopaths.

>Why do Americans think Europe is one country?
Why do yuros think that what holds true in Alabama holds true in Massachusetts?
Don't forget Enya.

This is true, specially in Spain that mentality exists a lot, but yes, I can imagine in Europe is more or less the same, that's why Europe won't be able to compete economically against East Asia and America in the future.

>specially in Spain that mentality exists a lot, but yes
That's because Spain is full of edgelord commies due to lingering backlash from the Franco era.

This Tbh, i never encountered this mentality until i moved to the UK. Europeans are pretty entitled and arrogant in their way of thinking

That's right, people still acts as if he was still living so they go full gommie as a protest. It happens the same in the former USSR countries, like Poland and Hungary, they are now conservative and Catholic after the "equality" dose from the gommies.

It affected Latin America as well.

The amazing thing about murrikans is that the lowest class most vulnerable can be persuaded to vote for policies that benefit only the rich because the american 'dream' tells them that they can be rich one day and so we must preserve the ability to shit on all others

Can someone redpilled me on Franco? Other than being a racist I don't really know what he did and whether it was good and misunderstood, or legitimately terrible

He killed a bunch of commies and had a dictatorship in the 1950s or something.

So basically americans lie to themselves and europeans live like their ancestors.

You need to set your ambitions higher than a taxi driver ya paki bastard

If I work very hard I'll be like Bono one day :----DDDD

>>>/guardian/

-

Bono is a faggot.

it's no secret at all
youtube.com/watch?v=f0edY2zMNB0