OKC
Kid A
Amnesiac
HTTT
TKOL
IR
TB
PH

The thing is that while the rest of the rankings are perfect, I could see Amnesiac being anywhere on that list.

check the catalog

>okc at #1
explain yourself

Ok Computer is first no matter what because of the context of its release and it's influence but , from a pure musical standpoint , i would say that the bends , ok computer , in rainbows and Kid A are all at the same level .

>>IR at the top or even top 4
In Rainbows deniers/revisionists should be executed tbqhwy

there is not objective ranking you faggot, you can't measure quality of music

even ranking albums is cancer, shit, it all depends on a lot of stuff, there are even some research that point that preference of music genre strongly depends on personality and social status

LP9
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
Amnesiac
TKOL
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey

1-Ok Computer at first because it has a big influence in the actual bands
2-Kid A for being a experimental and high ambitious album that created his own style
3-Amnesiac because despite is of the same sessions that kid a is quite different and as extension has great songs
4-Hail to the thief
5- In Rainbows
6-The Bends
7-the king of limbs, experimentation with no great results
8-Pablo Honey, when radiohead was fated to be a mtv band

it has their three best songs, paranoid, let down and climbing up the walls. electioneering is one of the funnest songs radoihead has ever made, fitter happier their best interlude, and OKC's only mediocre track is karma police. OKC is incredibly consistent and has some of their best work.

Kid A
Amnesiac
Ok Computer
In Rainbows
The Bends
Hail to the Theif
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

>HTTT ranked higher than any other Radiohead album
I get that you're joking, but it's still not a cool thing to do.

In Rainbows > Kid A > Amnesiac > whatever

Not a joke, it's almost perfect.

this desu.
>15 step
that fucking guitar tone and riff progression
>bodysnatchers
raw energy and power coming from the distorted guitar
>nude
literally makes anyone with ears cry
>reckoner and jigsaw
literally impossible to dislike
>videotape
perfect close to the album, fantastic piano chord progression.

I will never understand IR deniers

I'm listening to In Rainbows and I cannot believe how good this album is still. It's been almost 10 years senpai, IR is easily their best project to me.

IR >>>> Kid A = Amnesiac > OKC > TKOL > TB > HTT > PH

>when the guitar kicks in on 15 Step

>He can't into HTTF
Jokes on you it's a fantastic album.

>my fw Reckoner

Weird Fishes might be my most listened-to song of all time

OK Computer
Kid A
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
HTTT
TKOL
The Bends
The Life of Pablo

obviously

agreed IR is clearly their peak, I'm hype af to see how LP9 turns out, what if it's self-titled?

LP9 will be as good as Kid A, OK C, and In Rainbows but Sup Forums will shit on it of course

>their three best songs
gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree famalam.

>you can't deny that 15 step is at worst a perfect song.
>you can't deny you don't get chills while listening to nude and reckoner
>you can't deny the falsetto on bullet proof I wish I was doesn't affect you on an emotional level

Almost,
but switch IR and Kid A

also,
>not having thome's dancing ingrained into your mind whenever you listen to lotus flower

>Amnesiac
>Kid A
>The Bends
>In Rainbows
>Ok Computer
>The King of Limbs
>Hail To The Thief
>Pablo Honey

I really hope it's excellent, I thought I was over Radiohead!!! This is very exciting time for me

based fellow IR patrician

>that name
>this statement
Drop life, scrub.

This analysis is on point. If "you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking" doesnt hit something inside you I think something is wrong

>tfw listened to that song while standing cliffside at the beach.
ultimate human experience highly recommend

>Kid A
>In Rainbows
>OK Computer
>HttT
>Amnesiac
>TKOL
>The Bends
>Pablo Honey

Anime is for crypto-pedos

On relisten In Rainbows is probably one of the best albums since 2000 any genre. Anyone else agree?

+1 user I feel you.
the guitar tones used in IR should be illegal they're so fucking good

Either In Rainbows or Newsom's Have One On Me.

15 step is at best a boring song.

>he doesn't cream when the guitar comes in on 15 step

you should probably get your ears checked, user.

>In Rainbows
>TKOL
>Kid A
>OKC
>The Bends
>Amnesiac
>HTTT
>Pablo Honey

Objective ranking here

1. Kid A (flawless)
2. In Rainbows (don't feel House of Cards, Reckoner is one of the best tracks of all time)
3. Amnesiac (Don't like Knives Out that much, still stellar)
4. The King of Limbs (I understand the criticism, but I have grown to love this album so much. Only weak point is Mr. Magpie imo)
5. OK Computer (Massively overrated, especially the singles)
6. The Bends (Eh, good rock I guess)
7. Hail to the Thief (Very unpleasant to listen to with some stellar tracks (There There) in between)
8. Pablo Honey

>not grooving the fuck out to the groovy opener of in rainbows which is groovy

Joanna Newsom would be up there! In particular for Have One On Me. But the thing about In Rainbows is it's so brisk, I'm already finishing Videotape and it feels like I put it on not long ago at all... the songs are so well constructed that none of them overstay. I also love the sense of finality it has with Videotape. Incredible record.

Kid A
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
OK Computer
HTTT
TKOL
The Bends
Pablo Honey

You know it's true guys

>doesn't feel House of Cards

Maybe you should listen again, user

It's not that I don't like it, but I truly think is is the weakest track on the album.

Faust Arp maybe weaker, I agree that it's one of the weaker tracks though

I'm not groovy

Are you serious because you're seriously wrong

I really love the strings on Faust Arp, they're so mellow and buttery.

You just explained it yourself. IR is objectively good, so the hipsters must claim to hate it.

Daydreaming got me excited for the next LP. It sounds like they're releasing something a little darker than the last two. Will this be the Amnesiac to TKOL? If so I am beyond ready.

8. Pablo Honey
7. The Bends
6. Hail to the Thief
5. The King of Limbs
4. Amnesiac
3. OK Computer
2. Kid A
1. In Rainbows

okc is whiny shit, yorke's singing on it has aged quite poorly. a couple nice songs to be sure.

>Kid A
>OK Computer
>Pablo Honey
>Amnesiac
>The King Of Limbs
>The Bends
>Hail To The Theif
>In Rainbows

Do you remember when Sup Forums wasn't contrarian? Yeah me neither.

wew

I don't get it. It's good music but I don't hear anything transcendent. I put on 15 step expecting something really spectacular and it's just like, a nice guitar part and a cool beat with annoying vocals.

Did you really think that reply would in some way make you look better?

>5. OK Computer (Massively overrated, especially the singles)
youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc

>annoying vocals
how the fuck did you come to this conclusion?

you guys are telling me that ok computer isn't their masterpiece?

bodysnatchers is playing now, this is much more interesting to me

this. it's a good song but it's very simplistic. and yes, radiohead is at its best when tehy're making complex music. IR is their simplest record and one of their most boring.

ugh, they just sort of wander aimlessly, it's like he stepped up to the mic without a clear idea of what he wanted to do

Don't browse Sup Forums while listening to IR. Go sit in a dark room under the covers and close your eyes. Then enter the realm of Thom Yorke.

>implying simplicity makes an album bad
this is why its such a phenomenal album, because of how simple the songs are musically, yet they have such a powerful impact on the listener.

i'm agree here

nah, i'm in my warm open living room with huge window looking out into nature, it is good setting

'nude' now playing. pretty good but i couldn't listen to this all the time, would probably skip during most playthroughs. it's this album's "changes"

weird fishes. i was hoping for something more exciting after nude. again it's not BAD but wtf, this is someone's FAVORITE FUCKING SONG??

>he didn't get to the second half of the song yet

i like it better but kinda feel like as usual thom adds nothing to the song, just tacked on with no real idea of what to do

'all i need' is my second favorite so far after bodysnatchers. kind of a ritual union-era little dragon vibe to the synth

although it gets kinda sappy at the end to be honest

'faust arp' totally nondescript and boring

PH
TKOL
HTTT
Amnesiac
IR
TB
OKC
KA

What did you expect from the IR Treefingers?

Luckily for you, Reckoner is the best track.

ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
in rainbows
the bends
httt
tkol
pablo honey

somebody that do the ep rank please

'reckoner' now playing. really beautiful singing. really nice ambling lilt to the rhythm. deceptively simple, it swings like dire straights.

yep it's great.

>ranking only 5 records

It's objectively:
1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. Hail to the Thief
4. In Rainbows
5. The King of Limbs
6. Amnesiac
7. The Bends
8. Pablo Honey

Kid A
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The King of Limbs
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
The Bends
Pablo Honey

I feel weird listing Pablo Honey at all here, I haven't listened to that album in like 8 or 9 years.

'house of cards' really great too

at their best Radiohead reminds me of if Beck ghostwrote for Spacemen 3

1. Kid A
2. In Rainbows
3. Hail to the Thief
4. Amnesiac
5. Ok Computer
6. The King of Limbs
7. The Bends
8. Pablo Honey

>The release also drew criticism. Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, who independently released his sixth album Ghosts I-IV under a Creative Commons licence the following year, thought it did not go far enough, calling it "very much a bait and switch, to get you to pay for a MySpace quality stream as a way to promote a very traditional record sale." Singer Lily Allen called it "arrogant", saying: "[Radiohead have] millions of pounds. It sends a weird message to younger bands who haven't done as well. You don't choose how to pay for eggs. Why should it be different for music?"[36] In the Guardian, journalist Will Hodgkinson wrote: "Spare a thought for the thousands upon thousands of bands and singers who, nowhere near Radiohead's levels of fame and fortune, now have pretty much no chance of ever making a living from their music."[37] Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth told the Guardian the release "seemed really community-oriented, but it wasn't catered towards their musician brothers and sisters, who don’t sell as many records as them. It makes everyone else look bad for not offering their music for whatever."[38]

I....what? Aside from Reznor these comments are fucking idiotic.

It's legitimately one of the greatest songs ever recorded

Oh come on, it's above average at best! It's not even one of the better songs on this above-average-at-best album.

Way better than any Radiohead song imo
youtube.com/watch?v=3VmM8qRRLwU

It's genuinely how I feel. There's something about the propelling arpeggios that slowly build into that atmospheric drop that just does it for me.

there are millions of songs that do that though :(

why does everybody just like, discover one thing that they like and then give up exploring music

1. Amnesiac
2. In Rainbows
3. Kid A
4. The Bends
5. Ok Computer
6. The King Of Limbs
7. Pablo Honey
8. Hail to the Thief

Music is subjective

It's actually pretty sensible. Radiohead had nothing to lose from releasing their records for free, and it's arguable that less successful musicians would look cheap for simply selling their records for cash.

I don't particularly care since In Rainbows was a great record, but I never cared for that pay what you want statement it made. It seemed like every media outlet would talk about that instead of the actual music.

Amnesiac
In Rainbows
Kid A
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

>find good thing
>"Oh if only I had another copy of this really good thing even though it would not increase my enjoyment of this good thing!"

You're just trying to be a hipster.

You don't belong here

What a fucking stupid comment. No one suggested that it was unique; it's a combination of its structure, writing, and execution that makes it a good song, not just its structure.

>why does everybody just like, discover one thing that they like and then give up exploring music
This is the most arrogant, presumptuous thing I've read in fucking weeks.

Why are you on his case? Weird Fishes is a good song. Who says that he gave up looking for more music because he adores Weird Fishes?

The second half only works with the first half. Weird Fishes works the way most Krautrock songs work- through what seems like endless repetition. But then it switches up on you, purposely stopping the momentum in a way that feels like something just blew open the door and let all the air in. It lets in for one last build through the coda- not as intense as the verse or as quiet at the chorus- that serves to remind the listener where they started, resolving the story and leading into All I Need in a more appropriate level of intensity.

At this point, the old distribution model had long since been destroyed and these people are pathetically clinging to its vestiges.

All of these artists could equally have afforded to give away their records for free, because none of them were making a fucking dime from selling records. Record sales only benefited record label middle management at this point.

Proof: bandcamp. Every up and coming artist uses pay-what-you-want. And lo and behold they're making much, much more money than they were when they were crying about radiohead and trying to get you to buy their cd for $18

1. The Bends
2. The Bends
3. The Bends
4. The Bends
5. The Bends
6. The Bends
7. The Bends
8. The Bends