How is this allowed?

how is this allowed?

because they're good albums?

Objectively they are wrong OP, you just need to remember that much. Currents was freakin bogus, wasn't that an Ian "Retard" Cohen review?

Currents is a solid 6.5/10 -- what a disappointment after Innerspeaker and Lonerism.

In Rainbows is easily a 9.8/10.

I'm referring to the fact that In Rainbows is so ridiculously better than Currents yet they received the same score

>cuz i'm a maaaaaaaan, womunnnnn

Nope, In Rainbows is a masterpiece and Tame Impala are garbage, they have like three tolerable songs

>implying pitchfork has any merit
they occasionally get it right but what you posted proves that half the time they don't know what they are talking about

>how are people allowed to like different things than I do?
I don't even like Tame Impala but you're retarded OP. Maybe you shouldn't put so much stock in what the "taste-makers" say.

In Rainbows has like 4 good songs guys. Boring and safe chord progressions when compared to OK Computer or even HTTT.

>9.8

Pitchfork is made up of different writers though

Mate. I like Tame Impala. I fucking loved Currents as a pop album. But there is no fucking way they are even near in the same league.

I'm not sure which score you're angry about tbqh

theyre a music website they write reviews on albums that musicians put out sometimes they like things equally but then it causes a problem when other people who read the reviews like he people who visit the site dont agree and then they get mad

In Rainbows not being better than literally their worst (HTTT) and most overrated (OKC), alright user sure thing

This

Currents is an enjoyable pop album but In Rainbows is legitimately among the top 5 records of the decade

>implying innerspeaker and lonerism were good albums from the start.

How fucking retarded you have to be to think that they were good from the begging?? This whole 60´s 70´s revival is absolute shit.

Jesus Christ

different strokes for different folks i guess

The pitchfork review of currents was so biased and so fucking dickrider it made me hate them even more.

"kevin is one of the most underrated bassists evaar!!" arghh

it's okay pal, it's gonna be alright

They both don't deserve the score they got. Though I'm not sure the scores are of genuine overpraise or just rating inflation.

Personally, I would rate In Rainbows a 6/10 and Currents a 4.5/10

Let It Happen is better than any track off In Rainbows.

saying an album is overrated is not a valid criticism you fucking idiot. and yes OKC is miles better than IR borefest
>the average IR fan

This must really upset you then OP

i don't really care about dead people ratings, time dilutes everything so calling something made by a dead guy a 10 is pretty arbitrary, it might be just to appreciate prince

>give something like two or three legitimate 10/10 ratings to new albums on release in the last 15 years
>meanwhile, any album from 30 years ago by a popular artist is an automatic 10/10

We were born in the wrong generation.

I agree I rainbows is no where near that high it's more like a 5.3

>pitchfork went back and lowered the score for HTTT with the reissue
is it just for the reissue or the album itself?

>literally their worst (HTTT)

Inflation. A 9.3 in 2007 is about a 9.8 now.

So this rating means nothing either then.
(also given after his death)

they chose low as the best album of the 1970's in like 2005, it was going to get a 10 regardless of when he died.

the writers of the reviews dont assign the numbers

the numbers are collectively decided separate from the writing process

When will this meme end?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

they both represent corporate white mediocrity

The "10" was also given to "Heros" after his passing.

i think the reissue

the rating doesn't mean anything regardless of whether it's accurate. I'm not saying that albums made by dead people don't deserve praise, it's that pitchfork ratings of dead people albums are arbitrary

dumb pitchforkposter