Is the 7700k worth the extra 30 fun bucks, or should I save the money and just get the regular 7700?

Is the 7700k worth the extra 30 fun bucks, or should I save the money and just get the regular 7700?

>30 bucks being the decider factor between k and non k
just buy it faggot

Why not just get the R7 1700? Twice the cores and more than twice the performance due to the meltdown thing with intel processors right now.

I would have to get a new motherboard if I were to switch to an 1700

Then sell your old one, now is literally the worst time to be on intel especially because of pic related.

8700k if you're into gayming. Otherwise a ryzen is a much better choice, especially a ryzen 2 chip.

adding insult to injury, you now require your 7700K maintain 5 GHz 24/7 to have the same performance as a ryzen R3 at 3.5 GHz because of meltdown so you'll have to get a triple fan water cooler at minimum too.

8700k is literally worse with more overheating issues than the 7700K on a cheap water cooler. meltdown bug also still applies.

LGA 1151 is a dead socket
Either pay$280 for a 7700 i7, or pay $180 for a Ryzen

If you have money, get an 8700k and delid it.
If you don't have money, get a Ryzen.

even after a dangerous deliding (applies to 7700K too) you have to OC it to 5 GHz to match an R5 1600 at 3.5 GHz to get the same performance.

trash cpu. Buy coffee or ryzen.

covfefe has meltdown as well and is rumoured to also require deliding or a triple fan AIO cooling solution.

I hope you don't unironically believe this.

It's literally true and the reason it's dangerous isn't so much that the deliding process itself is dangerous but that people doing them often don't do it correctly and fuck something up. Even those who know how to do it properly still risk destroying the processor.

In my opinion playing with a $300+ processor like that is just not worth it, better to just get a processor that doesn't require deliding in the first place.

My 1700 @ 3.9 is nipping at the heels of my friends 7700K running at 4.5 even after all the patches
The only time my CPU wins out is when I can utilise all my cores, which is pretty far and few between. Half the stuff I do is using 4-6 threads at best which is unfortunate.

I hope you really have to fill a a Z270 motherboard, cause otherwhise I'd ditch it and get to the latest 8700, if you really have to go with Intel's shit.

>It's literally true
It's not. Numerous anons (including myself) have benchmarked their systems before and after meltdown. It's a common theme that the only thing affected is nvme drive speeds. Meltdown really affects server type workloads severely. For average desktop use, it's nothing.

If you don't manage to OC, which is not advised by Intel itsefl, then go for the 7700 non-k. I'd say even go a step below with a solid i5; if you really are so cheap to count 30 bucks for your purchase, then the rest of your rig won't need a i7 most probably.

except it is, why do you think everyone is losing their shit that intel won't fix meltdown in covfefelake with zen 2 coming soon?

Intel still has a nice niche on the i7-8700 and K version, but otherwhise Ryzen is the back for the bucks.

I'd totally go with your shitting around, but no, 8700k fucking annihilates any previous intel chip and any R3. Heating issues still applies, but you know, playing with FX chips really teaches you about heat management.

>buying intel
user, there's dumb and then there's dumb.

>rumoured to also require deliding or a triple fan AIO cooling solution
Have you ever seen a CPU aside your Core 2 Duo taken from your dad PC?

>buying a three hundred plus dollareedo quad core
>two thousand and eighteen

How is it rumoured when its been released for 4 months now? My 8400 isnt hot at all

Are you so stupid that you can care only about performance over a security breach?
Do you really think that performance is why people are getting mad at Intel?

If you don't plan on overclocking, the regular 7700 is fine.

Otherwise get the K

8400 is the only thing my heart needs sorry faggots

thermal throttling. Can you maintain 4ghz on all cores under prime95m

Thats not within spec for the 8400, has nothing to do with throttling

People achieved 4.0 on all cores with a moded bios, fucking shitbird reached over 60C on an AIO confirming this chip also requires deliding for optimum temperatures.

I will admit I'm glad intel is starting to crack from being BTFO by ryzen so hard. i5 8400 is on par with the R5 1600 in both price and performance and I hope the next gen i5s will be able to compete with zen 2 as well, might go with intel then.

K well thats cool and all but most of us are not actually going to run a modded bios to try and oc a locked cpu

Which is why it's shit but at least it's competing with the R5 1600 which doesn't require deliding and is unlocked. But in all fairness it's best to go with the i5 8400 if you're already cucked on the intel platform.

8400 is good at games and i dont to waste my time overclocking and it can stay cool with a cheap cooler. That's just what I wanted. 1600 is nice but not the best for my purposes. Nothing i do will leverage 12 cores on my gaming pc and i didnt pay for my work pc

Neither of them is even remotely worth the money since 8600k exists and can be had for less.

I'm curious why still go with 6 cores? Wouldn't the unlocked 4-core i3-8350K be a better deal since most games can't even efficiently use more than 2 threads?

Most new(2016+) games require at least 4 cores with SMT to maintain reasonable minimum framerates.

Maybe with a big oc but like i said i dont want to bother. My previous cpu had 6 cores so i also didnt want to step down to 4 cores. New games seem to use 6 cores pretty well

Right but in all practicality they can't actually use more than 2 threads efficiently else we would see 50% better performance on the 6-core i5 vs 4-core i3.

>implying 1800x price hasn't gone down

Triggered

>New games seem to use 6 cores pretty well
Source? Because if so then AMD wiped the floor with intel before they launched covfefe lake.

how am I triggered?

You got salty and greentexted me about the price of a cpu that isnt even part of the discussion on a graph that was made months ago

>Because if so then AMD wiped the floor with intel before they launched covfefe lake.
They pretty much did. After R5 came out and before coffee lake, the 7700k was the only Intel CPU worth considering(at least, unless you wanted to spend less than $100 on a CPU).

Games are more optimized for intel most the time, intel has slightly higher ipc andnhigher clock speeds and the game likes it. Assasins creed uses 12 cores, just doesnt make it run twice as fast. Also gay shitty game. Its subjective though. But some games just favor intel and you dont see games favoring amd too often. This happens with nivida yoo were games just prefer their hardware over amd. Been burned in the past by this

A lot of these issues are because of how dx11 works. Too bad dx12 is a flop

i3 8350k overclocked still loses out to the 8400, and the 8400 doesnt lose out by a lot to overclocked higher tier chips, personally thanks to customs the sub 200 usd price tag for me is also a godsend because i can get it tax free
1600 seems like a good buy too but it makes me wish i could get better ram for cheaper, plus it loses out on most stuff but synthetics, and i like my single thread performance
i think the 8400 hits that sweet spot that the 480 and the 1060, and eventually the 1070 were hitting not too long ago but on the cpu side

Why buy the 7700k at 329 when you can go to any microcenter and get an 8700k for 20 dollars more, or occasionally on eBay or some shit for the same price as 329

>Posting a PUBG framerate graph, under ANY circumstances.

why? I mean, it's hard to imagine a worst uptimized game. Oh yeah, maybe Dark Souls for PC, but come on.

all my bros play it and its fun?
>heh sorry bros i only play well optimized games
It plays well on my 8400, except for all the shity bugs but my fps is good

Dark souls is a great game though

If you have a motherboard that is in the range of a 7700(K), why do you even feel the need to upgrade? Whatever you have on it can't be that much worse.

No.

>Kaby Lake
Deprecated
Go with Coffee Lake or Ryzen.

You shouldn't be buying a kaby lake cpu at all right now. The Coffee Lake i3 is identical.

you are fucking wrong

Is there any reason to by Intel over AMD with the recent flaw found out?

I though the flaw was even in the upcoming Coffee Lake chips and the patch decreases the performance up to 30%

>buying Intel
>2018

Where the hell is the 1600X still $240 and the 1500X $190? They haven't been those prices for months.

And you forgot the extra $100 motherboard cost for Intel, bias fake news shill.

>Security breach
>Buying PRISM era anything and preaching about security.

get 8700k or 1700-1800x, dont buy i repeat dont buy the 7600-7700k

>just get poozen

Depends on what you are using it for. Even with patches applied, Intel smokes similarly-priced Ryzen.

If your board is acceptable for overclocking then get the k version.

>7700k
how do i know you're a cuck?

4790k masterrace

I really hate you corporate whores.

t. intel fag

Because he didnt buy the brand on "your team" that performs way worse in games?

>buying an overpriced i5-8600K with worse multithreaded performance

Get an 8700k instead.

>4 cores in 2018

>6 cores in 2018

Running fast/low latency memory on your 1700?

I own the 7700k after killing my 6700k. Don't! Unless you are going to delid it otherwise expect high temps.

If Ryzen came out sooner I would of got a 1700x.

ATM threadripper has my panties soaking wet from those cores and pci bandwidth. I could run my server and gaming pc in one system.

Get the 8400. Just as good at gaming and not realy as hot and much cheaper

Of course it supports meltdown, it's an Intel CPU.

Tge real attraction is the extra cores. And it only requires delidding and obscene cooling if you overclock the shit out of it. With no or modest overclock, even a 7820X will stay under 55 at full load with good air cooling.

>year of our lord
>4 cores

ISHYGDDT