NVIDIA Ampere GA104

>NVIDIA Ampere GA104 GPU Powering ‘GeForce GTX 2080’ and ‘GeForce GTX 2070’ Launching In April, Mass Production Has Begun And GP102 is EOL

wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-ga104-gpu-geforce-gtc-2070-gtx-2080-launching-april/

Other urls found in this thread:

devblogs.nvidia.com/inside-volta/
anandtech.com/show/11913/nvidia-announces-drive-px-pegasus-at-gtc-europe-2017-feat-nextgen-gpus
twitter.com/thesajuukkhar/status/961714715381653504
anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy/3
twitter.com/repi/status/959439233382518784
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice gonna buy 12 for mining.

>Fresh from 3DCenter, a rumor which states that the next generation lineup for NVIDIA will be based not on Volta, but on the Ampere micro-architecture. Not only that, but if the rumor is to be believed then GP102 has already been transitioned to EOL (End of Life) and will be replaced with the GA series soon.

>RUMOR

Okay Rabbi

>20xx
What's wrong, 11xx wasn't marketable enough?

chaining rumor after rumor...

>currytech

nb

>Rumor
>Rumor of a rumor out all things
Would love it being true though, still i have to wait since nobody is retarded enough to buy a reference card.

>wccftech

I'm gonna pound you like a boy.

What's the hashrate though?

Call me in a year when the Ti arrives, rather than this small die garbage.

>Ampere
>Not Volta
FUCK OFF JEWVIDIA IT WAS HIS TURN REEEEEE OF CAN THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

11XX would've implied only 10% performance bump

20XX implied 100% performance bump (hence why they skipped Volta for gaming GPU's altogether because Ampere is THAT much more powerful)

screenshot this

I wonder who could be behind this post

>GP104
It's a pascal refresh, you mong.

What's it like per watt for btc/eth/ltc?

jus t igve me the high level numebrs

Is ampère better that Volta or is this rebrand?

LOL 3DCenter. Like, five years later people has not realized that they only publish speculations and "what we think will matter"? Figures WC would repost it as fact for clicks though.

BTW, I noticed that Nvidia just posted 3.2 billions of whole year profits.

>They paid 4.7% tax on that
>even got 133 million credit from the government in Q4, so their net profit was higher than operating income

Fuck this tax system made for rich fuckers.

i'm gonna buy 12 and sell it to miners :^)

>Fuck this tax system made for rich fuckers.
MAGA! I STAND WITH ISRAEL!

I thought they would wait until the crypto bubble completely collapses. Then when everybody is buying used cheap Nvidia cards they could release Ampere so the number of sales doesn't collapse.

>a tax credit is the same as a subsidie

It probably wasn't, they likely want to have the first digit in the naming scheme signify the entire generation, so it'll start with a 2 rather than 1 again.

Sup Forumsanon's, recommended me some good tech sites!

I root for AMD, but one thing: Intel pays 22% tax. It's going to pay 14% after the reform.
Nvidia pays 4.7% before the reform.

It's scam on the workers and other people that don't get to dodge taxes like this and have to fill in the money that govs choose not to charge from the big corps.

it's GA, not GP you blind fuck

God, I hate conservashit kikes...

> poor volta

>tfw amd knew this would happen

This is true because pascal is 2 years old.

It's a cucked Volta because AMD shit the bed. Also, miners will buy every bit of anything even if it's shit.

I'm ok with this, especially if a 2050 = 1060
Time to buy on launch day then resell to miners for profit, boyos!

will jewvidia disable mining on their cards this time?

It's actually a step ahead. Nvidia is even ahead of themselves while amd is still a year behind volta.

oh look, another shit i wont be able to afford

>releasing the xx70 and xx80 cards first.

Welp, there goes any hope of getting one before the mining craze dies down. These will be crazy expensive and crazy hard to find.

Part of me was hoping they would do the xx50 and xx60 cards first this time because of current market conditions.

Oh man, cryptominers are going to be so happy!

You guys need to get over it. Just buy second hand ampere in 2 years from now.

Mining features are disabled on the gaming cards. You'll have to buy a mining-specific card for three times higher price.

>GTXM zcash edition

>H-Hillary would have done different

>second hand
>after crypto niggers have used and abused them at max for MONTHS or even a YEAR
You get over it you faggot

As much as I wish Nvidia could do that there is no feasible way to disable something like mining without disabling every single form of compute which would just fuck real users over and even then someone will just mod the drivers anyway

what about drivers that detect continious mining-like compute and throttle the card?

It would be a fruitless effort and like I said they would just mod the drivers or possibly get Quadro drivers to work with Geforce cards as Quadros are expected to be working 24/7.
There is no real stopping these fuckers, you can't disable anything in software for it will just be worked around, you can't sell them mining cards because they want to resell them when crypto crashes, you can't stop them at the retail level from bulk purchasing cards because they get them before they even hit store shelves

I don't think you can mod nvidia's drivers, they're closed source. I've never heard of instances when consumer cards were working on bootleg drivers, you can't even modify bios on pascals

Closed source doesn't stop anyone from modding anything it just abit harder, people have been modding Nvidia and AMD drivers since forever and you can get modified drivers for current 1000 series

>2070
>they're going back to 1000s instead of hundreds
woah

>curry tech news
yeah, fuck off.

Bait for the Bait God

To be fair, the people that ended up footing the bill for the Trump tax plan mostly live on the coasts. So fuck'em lol.

haha I love varg posters

I've had my 280x since 2012-2013. It's a great card and has served me well. But seriously, AMD has not given me a reason to upgrade so far. And neither has nvidia. If AMD doesn't sell me something that's vega 56 tier at the ~200$ mark, I can see me going for a hypothetical 2070.

Will be getting a Zen+ in April, though. Most definitelly.

You know that pascal is merely just a maxwell refresh? It's the same architecture with a few mostly useless features on a smaller process (16nm instead of 28nm). It's unlikely that nvidia has a far better process at hand right now, so they need an architectural update to outshine their old cards without reducing their profit margins. The 20k0 must outperform the 10(k+1)0 or the architecture will be seen as a fail. The 2080 should be comparable to the titan p, or at least beating the 1080ti.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

You know that for 200$ you would just get the hbm and the pcb of a vega card? Amd would lose like 150-200$ selling you this card for this price.

devblogs.nvidia.com/inside-volta/

>The new Volta SM is 50% more energy efficient than the previous generation Pascal design, enabling major boosts in FP32 and FP64 performance in the same power envelope.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

>20xx

So will it be available at MSRP for even a millisecond?

ill consider a 2070 or 2080 to replace my 290x i guess

Calm your tits, It's both.
Volta is for HPC/Enterprise/Prosumer, the lowest end Volta is already out.
Ampere is for consumer gear, with an emphasis on dissuding miners.

Well unless AMD does a massive pricecut for Vega64 and sells it directly in single unit sales only - Yes.
AMD has nothing on the roadmap for this year.
Not even kidding. No new GPUs.

Currycunt did a number on AMD and it's going to take 2 years to get shit back in order.

Your not getting Volta unless you buy TitanV.
Consumer is Ampere. Wait for specs.
Those power figures are only for Volta, Ampere won't have those nice figures.

A hypothetical 680 vega, at 12nm, or even better, at 7nm with GDDR6 could be, though.

Honestly fuck radeon, their current products are garbage and I wouldn't even consider it if they were price cut.

there's literally nothing wrong with GN

You're right, he's just another worthless e-celeb specsheet reader like Linus and Jayz, he's good at his job.
The only difference is that this one looks like a hippie

I mean, Polaris is pretty awesome for 1080p or medium settings 1440p. Got my 480 at $199, oc her to 1380mhz, and it plays everything I want it to. Above msrp it's kinda shit though, yeah.
At least his testing is more thorough and detailed. The teardowns are nice too.

why? they only started buying nvidia because amd was no where to be found its not like nvidia is good at crypto

Linus and Jayz make shitty clickbait meme videos for kiddies, whilst they are entertaining, for actual useful information GN beats them

Good goy.

When's the 2080ti coming then? Around November?

You're retarded and it shows

Ampere is Volta's successor and it will have power efficiency improvements

Keep thinking that :)

anandtech.com/show/11913/nvidia-announces-drive-px-pegasus-at-gtc-europe-2017-feat-nextgen-gpus

>the board features two unannounced post-Volta next-generation discrete GPUs, which will be doing most of the heavy lifting.

Keep thinking otherwise, AYYMDPOORFAG cuck :^)

It's very typical of clueless, ignorant retards like you, Bondrewd that don't understand GPU power efficiency is the most important thing

>Keep thinking otherwise, AYYMDPOORFAG cuck :^)
Go back to redd*t.
Looking forward to the 2070 if it has 1080ti perf, it better be around $350-450 at launch, hopefully the mining niggers won't buy them all.

>While NVIDIA is announcing it today, they won't even have dev kits available until later next year, and any kind of commercial release is farther off still.

That's nice.
Ampere is either a gutted Volta or refreshed Pascal, just deal with it.

Your mother is a cunt whore? Everyone already knows that, clueless ignorant AYYMDPOORFAG Bondrewd/Chosen of Sajuuk

twitter.com/thesajuukkhar/status/961714715381653504

So easy to spot meme spouting loser like you

He seems pretty active on twitter, why don't you ever reply to him?

The most important thing for Miners.
Not for Gamers.

It is not a Pascal refresh, you don't get 50% more power efficient SMs

Also Volta supports Conservative Rasterization Tier 3, another feature that Nvidia will enable for graphics developers

anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy/3

>Which in this case is that the Titan V supports conservative rasterization tier 3 rather than Titan Xp’s more limited tier 2.

Clueless ignorant AYYMDPOORFAGS just can't compete with me when it comes to GPU technology understanding

>Gamers.

Aka retarded, entitled manchildren

twitter.com/repi/status/959439233382518784

>Time to warm up some DL tensor cores and also do some new shiny rendering

Even DICE is adopting Tensor cores, memes spouters BTFO

>Customers are children becuase, um err, I got nothing, but fuck them!

>URR MOTHERS REEEE AMDUSERS REEEE POORFAGR EEE EE E EE E E E
What are you on about you schizophrenic? Make a coherent sentence without spouting memes. Who gives a shit about some twitter faggot, neck yourself for visiting that shithole.

Keep beleiving whatever you want to belive.
When What I said comes to pass, you'll pretend you said that all along anyway :)

Time to save money and buy over-priced gpu you don't even need.

Read my post again you favela monkey.

Either gutted volta or pascal refresh

Oh, by the way

Nothing you said has come to pass, loser at life meme spouter that will never amount to anything in life

Nvidia does not go back to older GPU architectures when they get a huge power efficiency advantage from Volta's microarchitecture

The only favela obssessed monkey anyone here can see is you :^)

You have already lost the game and confirmed to not understand anything at all about Nvidia GPU technology

Nah, they will not now because AMD/RTG is a fucking mess. Polaris is efficient like Maxwell and Vega in on pair only with the 1080, no way NVIDIA will release Ampere

What are you smoking you dumb Brazilian primate? The CEO just told you Pascal will be the best for gaming for a while, I'm even being generous enough to entertain the thought of a cut down Volta as Ampere since I'm so nice, guess JHH had other ideas.

Calm down, seriously.

You're retarded and it shows

GTC 2018 Keynote is on March 27

Jen-Hsun clearly will announce new GPU roadmap and microarchitecture then, you still just don't get it, favela cock sucking AYYMPOORFAG meme spouter

That trend is happening all around the world. Our governments are increasingly becoming fucked by corporations.

>Jen-Hsun clearly will announce new GPU roadmap and microarchitecture then,
That will be available when? Q4? Dumb primate.

>At 320 TOPS for a dual GPU plus dual Xavier system, this works out at 130 TOPS per GPU (the Xavier SoCs are already quoted as 30 TOPS at 30W).

>TOPS = TERAOPS

Next-gen GPU microarchitecture has Tensor cores, clearly can't be any Pascal refresh as AYYMDPOORFAGS keep lying about

AYYMDPOORFAGS BTFO
B
T
F
O

>e-celeb
>Steve

>Next-gen GPU
2019 or 2020?

see
>>While NVIDIA is announcing it today, they won't even have dev kits available until later next year, and any kind of commercial release is farther off still.

Fuck me I bought a 1080