ASEAN-INDIA alliance thread

ASEAN-INDIA alliance thread

India GDP $2,288,000+ Asean GDP $2,578,000= $4,866,000

We would be the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Is this the only way to fend off China?

Anyways we all share the same culture, except for Vietnam.

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/indonesia-blows-up-23-foreign-fishing-boats-to-send-a-message-1459852007
jstor.org/stable/3773423?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teochew_people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_India#Indianised_kingdoms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUT China are not concern since prehistoric here

>"we"

Get out of my country, Pajeet Singh. Fucking poonigger.

Remember this?

This

>my country
Which part of the US government are you from, senpai?

>Your Country

no but her daughter are gorgeous

never gonna happen
i rather submit to chinks

exlpain plz who is she

I'm Siamese and when I went to Laos it was half colonised by Chinks lol. Chinks run our gov, media, etc.

I rather mate with a Pooloo and have qt babies

She posed a photo right before Chinese ships got blown up

wsj.com/articles/indonesia-blows-up-23-foreign-fishing-boats-to-send-a-message-1459852007

The only one being butthurt all the time about China is Philippines, not the rest of Asean. Besides China has been funding/investing a lot of big projects in Malaysia that boost our economy while I can't say the same thing about India.

isn't this the average cute thai face, even without indian admixture?
you should go to some parts of malaysia to see how an indian colonised town look like (which will happen to SEA according if this happen): not great

That's because Brits brought in masses to work in towns. When they are put apart and assimilate they are rather productive. More than lazy se asians atleast (idk if island se Asian are lazy too)

But honestly Persian+Thai is best. There are many Persian descent in Bangkok and they are all so QT. Too bad they are all annoying merchant girls

uh uh uh.........i don't know bout that m9.. we Indians like to go solo.

>When they are put apart and assimilate
Kek. Thais are probably the worst of all Asians at assimilating. Especially in the West. They tend to make little Thai enclaves and make Thailand whereever they go and they think the Thai version of everything is superior

No that is not the average Thai face, especially that nose. Looks like a hapa. Plus most Thais, without whitening products, can get pretty dark, Tony Jaa is Thai. But plenty of lighter ones, in Bangkok and Chiang Mai especially. Most from Chinese blood. Thailand has more ethnic Chinese than any other country period, I think.

unless it's rape

big nose is pretty SEA, you find many indon and malay people with that kind of face but with dark hair, and mixed SEA + indian tend to be darker than average SEA from my experience
the largest by percentage in SEA is malaysia, infact thats how singapore was born; a chink colony

wtf is wrong with Sup Forums today, I'm having a good laugh everywhere.

Wouldn't have to gang up if all the women here were whores like yours

rapes a sacred ritual desu gotta group up

*largest chink by percentage

Not the size of the nose, the shape of the nose.

To continue, I am intimately familiar with Thailand and her nose, the shape.of her head, and even her eyes. The only Thias with all of these features had European fathers, maybe Arab

>isn't this the average cute thai face, even without indian admixture?

bottom right is qt

Tony Has and Bua Kaw arnt ethnic Thai. They are Ethnic Kit (related to Khmer). Ethnic Thai look alittle more Asian and alittle more light skin. Thai king has typical Central Thai face. Northeast Thailand and Laos gas no nose bridge though

Thailand has bunch of different ethnic groups, I never said Tony Jaa was ethnic Thai, I said he was Thai, as an example of how dark a Thai person can be. Though the King may have a typical Central Thai, face, I hesitate to call it an ethnic Thai face, because central Thailand especially has a lot of Chinese DNA in that stock, as does the King. Rama I was part Chinese. I just confirmed, Thailand does have the largest Chinese diaspora, and that doesn't even account for all the admixture. And you see the influence most in Central Thailand (Bangkok), and Chiang Mai, where the Chinese are mostly concentrated.

you need to differentiate between thailand as a country and ethnic thai (siamese), ethnic thai are of tai-kadai and austroasiatic stock, which is shared with chinese, so of course they're have many similarities with them, and the king is more legit representation of thailand than an ethnic minority

Chiangmai barely has any Chinese. 80% of Chinese are within Bangkok city.

Thais migrated south from Southern China. Yes were originally East Asian. But when you go down south you can see more Malay and Khmer admixture in Thais. Chiangmai are basically more pure Thais

Are King is a typical Central Thai face because central Thais are a mix of Mon and East Asian. Rama 1 was half Mon.

If I said President Obama was American, would you say but he's not an Indian or not white? I was just saying there are a range of skin tones in Thailand. And of course, as it should be in a place named Thailand, the vast majority of the people are Thai. Maybe if I said Tony Jaa was Siamese, but I simply said he was Thai. I am not talking about similarities, you can talk about that with a bunch of Asian ethnicities, I am talking about pure Chinese admixture in Thai DNA, especially in certain regions, due to the large Chinese diaspora. But as far as Thai people, as in people of Thailand, I have probably have least homogeneous look of any other Asian nation, even among the same ethnicities.

Just because we look East Asian doesn't mean we have Chinese blood! Gaddamnit

These Chiangmai girls are Thai. They don't look like Chinese. We are our own tribe. Chinese in Thailand have very specific face like prime minister Taksin.

There are over 9 million Chinese in Thailand, it's statistically impossible for 80% to be in Bangkok alone, outside of Bangkok most are in Chiang Mai. If this wasn't Sup Forums I'd even share pics of friends from Chiang Mai you would swear were Chinese. Not to mention the Chinese tourists that love the area. I will agree most are in Bangkok, but "barely has any Chinese" relative and has most of the Chinese (along with Bangkok), aren't mutually exclusive. Also notice how naturally paler Thais from Chiang Mai (and Bangkok, too, of course) tend to be compared to Thais from elsewhere (and I am talking about Thais as a people, not ethnicity, but it stands for that as well)

>damn, that pride!!! Love it!!!

Do you know how I know you're Thai? You're still wrong though. Read a book.

Our emperor Du30 is getting chummy with China for trains and roads. He recently presented what americans did during its colonization. Fuck America desu

So which countries are pro-China exactly? Laos? Thailand? Any others?

>Read a book

As a matter of fact, this is old, but since it's sepaking on history, it still applies, here you go

jstor.org/stable/3773423?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Those who are in the mainland including Singapore excluding Vietnam.

My skin

Really? All of them?

What's the point of posting your skin. I was legit saying I could tell you are Thai by your pride. Are you in the USA or using a proxy?

indonesia now support china

look at Indian for example,there's two different color that doesn't match the East and Southeast Asian at all. I think thats the Indo-European ancestry there

to be fair, SIngapore and Malaysia are playing both sides. They are members of the TPP along with Vietnam. As well as Brunei (other countries but those are the ASEAN ones)

Everyone hates Chinese tourists, though.

Kek no.

The Flips just rejected India's poop ships by the way. They picked the Koreans.

>including Pakistan

These look just like southern Chinese desu.

They are also members of RCEP. The Chinese-led trade agreement.

Maybe they plan on taking it back

Didn't India have cultural and economic influence over SE Asia for centuries?

HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back in ancient history. That's where Buddhism comes from. I think DNA wise SEA are largely half Chinese and half Indian.

This guy has typical Canton face.

He is Thai of Chinese descent. Very distinct features from non-chinese Thais

Pic

>Anyways we all share the same culture, except for Vietnam.
wtf
Myanmar is literally genociding their Muslims right now and you want to join them in with a bunch of Muslim countries

You know there are more than one Chinese ethnicity right? Most of the Thais with Chinese DNA come from these: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teochew_people

There are actually more outside of China than in China these days, one of the places they settled was Chiang Mai, and to be fair most of their descendants don't consider themselves Chinese or of Chinese descent. Just like you proudly claiming to have no Chinese DNA (when just about all SEA have some, even a full blooded Malay is about 50% Chinese DNA). It even mentioned in the book I posted that most don't consider themselves Chinese, especially after all the intermarriage. Hell, if I am not mistaken I think there is an enclave up near the Myanmar border that still speaks Chinese, old Min Chinese.

At least Isan people acknowledge their connection to Laos, still while being fiercely proud of being Thai.

Looks Filipino

They are genociding the Rohingya, and the whole of ASEAN is complicit in that in some form or fashion

Burma. Not Vietnam or Laos or Malays or Flips.

Nope. Not even close. Chinese influence was greater on the whole.
Buddhism consists of the Buddhism of pre-Hindu India, and the Buddhism formed in Tibet/China.

Burma and parts of Thailand were the extent of the Indic civilizations.

>typical

Uhh no

flips are bros

You guys sold them at a profit loss, so yeah.

Also, LMAO at your shipping industry.

I am from Isan. We are proud of being Lao and Thai. Which makes sense because Siamese and Lao are both Tai.

Like how Bavarians are proud Germans even though they are more like Austrians

Chinese was greater, India was first, Checkmate bitch

>Indian cultural zone. Dark orange: The Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan). Light orange: Southeast Asia culturally linked to India, notably Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Champa (Southern Vietnam), Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore. Yellow: Regions with significant Indian cultural influence, notably, Afghanistan, China's Yunnan and Tibet provinces and the Philippines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_India#Indianised_kingdoms

Why do Westerners think they need to fend off china and russia? why not work together in building the world? Chinese people want this, why not Americans? are you all controlled by war-mongering jews?

Exactly. Modern India is a Western construct. Before the Brits, India was a culture.

Burma, Cambodia, Thailand, Nusantara were all Indian culture and still are

I have an ex gf from Isan, She was honestly more proud of being Thai/ Thai/King than my ex from Rayong, though she had plenty Thai pride in her own right, as most do.

Side note, heading back in November for a bit. Will actually be with my ex in Phuket for Loy Krathong, haven't seen her in 2 years.

Considering there was no such thing as "Indian" until the 1920's, I don't get how this is possible.

It's a stupid meme.

In reality, we trade trillions with China and Russia. The only countries that will get invaded are the Pariah states and irrelevant shitholes.

I honestly can see China and USA cooperating, and it will be over SEA, but the USA needs to embed itself in SEA and get enough of y'all on our side to have a reason to cooperate. To make sure we are a factor.

I think as Europe falls, ASEAN will grow, it's on the cusp. It's where most of global future growth will be for the next 50 years.

Our real enemy here is cumskins

Yes, America allows China to manipulate its currency because if they don't then labor costs would rise and chinese factories would move to SEA, shifting the balance of power into China's favor, while at the same time raising unemployment in China causing instability since CCP needs to continually the improve quality of life for it's citizens to maintain legitimacy.

>I think as Europe falls, ASEAN will grow, it's on the cusp. It's where most of global future growth will be for the next 50 years.

This. Wish our Pacific Alliance actually took ASEAN as a model. CAN and Mercosur were a mistake.

>It's where most of global future growth will be for the next 50 years.

Not even close. Not enough population.

How about a massive trade alliance along the lines of the EEC/Eurozone? Then everyone gets their sovereignity and you can compete with China! For a special bonus, the alliance can even become a US puppet if you want.

what's the difference between EU and ASEAN? it seems to me that EU is failing while ASEAN has steady success.

A big part of that growth is from China and trade with China, and rising tide raises all ships, I also shold expand to say Asia, probably much like the pic in the OP, but that will flow through SEA. The developing SEA nations will modernize, and the ones like Singapore will get even wealthier. I actually plan on moving out there permanently in the next decade,

Trust me. Only I can BTFO Chinks

>what's the difference between EU and ASEAN?
The EU is almost a federation with a shitton of common laws. Also the common currency and actual judiciary and legislative bodies.

The ASEAN is still far away from being as close as the EU.

You know, in this and previous comments I may have been a little harsh on Thais from Chiang Mai. Considering how many Chinese tourists flow through there, and how much they fuck shit up, and how they are disliked, I probably wouldn't claim any Chinese heritage either,

ASEAN is a shitty trade group with some politics.

The EU is a de-facto sovereign federation with free trade, free movement, a parliament, foreign policy, and a shared currency.

Indonesia is majority muslim though

Okay.

The simple truth is that Africa/Central America/South Asia are going to grow fast and have 3 times the population.

I get your point though. ASEAN will not be an organization of third world shitholes for much longer.

>isolationist detected

I think the most significant difference is that ASEAN gives enough flexibility to its members that enables them to pursue their own individual sovereign agendas when in disagreement and cooperate as a bloc when they unanimously pursue shared interests.

The EU on the other hand suffers from having accelerated the economic integration while neglecting the political union. So economically they are forced to move as a bloc on many issues despite internal political differences.

I mean as far as economic integration goes they are in different stages as pointed out as well, so it's probably not a fair comparison.

Also what said in regards to the demographic fundamentals.

I think ASEAN as a bloc strikes a good regionalist balance between free for all WTO-style globalization and EU-style supranational trade blocs. Also they keep their new entries separated from the core bloc, making sure that the disparities are not forced into unrealistic requirements until they are prepared to do so.

Indonesia is a rare Muslim country that respects it's pre-islamic culture. Unlike Bengal and Pakistan and Malaysia

I understand that, but unfortunately Wahabism is growing in influence there purely due to the amount of money Saudi Arabia is investing in the region. Only 20 years ago you'd barely see Indonesian muslims wearing hijabs, now it's commonplace. Who knows what that country will be like 20 years from now. Hopefully they can hold on to their culture.

I know they are a minority, but how are the phillipine muslims?

Also, how the hell did Islam get way out there and to China. Most Westerners don't even realize the literary story of Aladdin took place in China, not the Middle East, because of Disney.

You are wrong on that though except Pakistan but many coutnries world wide pretty much lost their pre-abrahamic cultural beliefs or some most of it.

This is Java 100 years ago. Islam that was practiced was very liberal with many indigenous practices going on. Women didn't even cover thier body.

Fuck Islamic Nationalism

I can't post it, but Thais were still running around topless in the early 1900s

Duh. All of Southeast Asia was topless lol

Apparently Java wasn't

what you're advocating is basically indian dominance oversea
it won't work, most of SEA is either a buddhist or muslim, though indian influence was fundamental in the early beginning, but since 15th century, most people are more influenced by chinese influence than to indians, this apply even to muslims like malays, brunei, western indons
i can't see how any SEA people will support this except for some LARPers balinese hindus, (since they're never really got contact which chinese and are huge pooboo) which you're probably are

Northern Thailand didn't either cuz it's cold.

The island nextdoor to Java