ITT: Rate AnCo's albums from best to worst

Imo: Sung Tongs > Feels > STGSTV > MPP > Strawberry Jam > Here Comes The Indian > Centipede Hz > Painting With > Campfire Songs > Danse Manatee

SJ > ST > Feels > Spirit > MPP > HCTI > CHz > Holli > CS > PW > Danse

it's all equally great
except water curses which transcends anything else they've done

This famalalamamanamanamanam

fair enough

I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee, even people who are well enough into patricianhood to be able to listen to it without getting a headache seem to despise it. People who heil Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished as a masterpiece, criticize the fuck out of Danse manatee, even though they are around the same level of abrasiveness.

But then it hit me, how many people have you seen who say they hate Danse Manatee, but love "Essplode"? How many people have you seen deny that Feels is the true anco pop masterpiece, because the tracks "drag on" too much? How many people have you seen who's least favorite track on Sung Tongs is Visiting Friends? Animal Collective have developed a fanbase who cannot appreciate slow music. Its not that Danse Manatee is too abrasive, people are just too fucking impatient. It's not a failed experiment, it just takes its fucking time. Asking an anco fan to appreciate this album is like asking a Soccer fan to appreciate Baseball. It's hard to go from "GET BALL TO GOAL" to whatever the fuck those nerds are doing in baseball. I don't actually watch sports.

Enough with this copypasta dm is a good album but it's not as catchy as the rest and to a certain extent that matters

fall be kind is better you idiot

I can see where you're coming from but I just like WC more. Graze and I Think I Can are GOAT though
don't gotta be rude about it

Feels > STGSTV > MPP > SJ > ST > CS > HCTI > PW > CHz > Danse Manatee

visiting friends is the best track on the album tbqh worldstar

vessel > blurryface > twenty one pilots

don't give the meme life

true

Worst:
>Sung Tongs, Feels, STGSTV, MPP, Strawberry Jam, Here Comes The Indian, Centipede Hz, Painting With, Campfire Songs, Danse Manatee
Best:
>

Out of the relevant ones:

Sung Tongs > Spirit They've Gone... > Strawberry Jam >> Centipede Hz > MPP > the rest

Strawberry Jam > Feels > STGSTV > Sung Tongs > Hollinndagain > Merriweather Post Pavillion > Here Comes the Indian = Danse Manatee > Centipede Hurts > Campfire Songs > Painting With

I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW JUST WHAT YOU'RE DOING
YOU PRETEND TO KNOW EXACTLY ALL THE THINGS YOU KEEP ON MOVING

MPP>Sung Tongs > Feels > Strawberry Jam > Spirit They're Gone > Painting With > Centipede Hz > Campfire Songs > Danse Manatee > Here Comes the Indian

spirit>mpp>chz=feels>campfire songs=sung tongs=strawberry jam>hcti = hollindagain>pw>dm

I'm not sure Sung Tongs is their best album, but I can see where that comes from. It's maybe their only album where their early experimentation coexists perfectly with their pop tendencies.

1. Sung Tongs
2. Feels
3. Painting With
4. Spirit
5. Merriweather
6. Strawberry Jam
7. HTTI
8. Centipede Hz
9. Campfire Songs
10. Danse

I think Feels has the highest average so far, hasn't been outside top 4 (besides meme replies)

spirit 10/10
danse 7
campfire 7.5
hcti 7.5
sung tongs 9
feels 8.5
jam 8
merriweather 9
centipede 8
painting 7.5

prospect hummer 9
people 7
fall be kind 10
keep 10

best discography in music t.b.h.

also solo

panda self titled 8
young prayer 7
person pitch 9
tomboy 8
grim reaper 8

down there 7.5
slasher house 7.5

sleep cycle 8

1. Feels
2. Here Comes the Indian
3. Campfire Songs
4. Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
5. ODDSAC
6. Merriweather Post Pavilion
7. Sung Tongs
8. Strawberry Jam
9. Hollinndagain
10. Danse Manatee
11. Centipede Hz
12. Painting With

Panda Bear - 6/10
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished - 10/10
Danse Manatee - 6/10
Hollinndagain - 7/10
Campfire Songs - 10/10
Here Comes the Indian - 10/10
Sung Tongs - 9/10
Young Prayer - 8/10
Prospect Hummer - 9/10
Feels - 10/10
Dead Drunk - 6/10
People - 7/10
Person Pitch - 9/10
Pullhair Rubeye - 1/10 (David Lynch ruined a 9/10 album.)
Strawberry Jam - 8/10
Water Curses - 8/10
Merriweather Post Pavilion - 9/10
Fall Be Kind - 8/10
ODDSAC - 9/10
Down There - 7/10
Tomboy - 6/10
Keep - 6/10
Transverse Temporal Gyrus - 9/10
Centipede Hz - 5/10
Monkey Been to Burntown - 3/10
Enter the Slasher House - 7/10
Mr. Noah - 8/10
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper - 7/10
Live At 9:30 - 7/10
Painting With - 4/10
Sleep Cycle - 8/10

painting with is not a 4 come on
also pbear st is way better than a 6 listen to it louder

Naw, it's about a six. It sounds like early Grimes demos with a male singer. Also, I think Painting With is the definition of a 4/10 album, and have actually come to accept it more than I did on early listens. At first I would have given it a two, but that's a bit harsh.

TL;DR: I don't think I'm wrong.

>It sounds like early Grimes demos with a male singer.
A lot of it does, I should say. It's saved from a 5/10 by certain tracks, namely Sometimes when it hurts bad enough it feels like this.

>implying Fall Away isn't their best song