Help me choose a distribution for home programming / school

I am an archfag for about 3 years now. I never really had big problems with it and I tried plenty of things on there over the years. I am currently starting my final project and for that I decided that I would clean my pc completely and start from scratch. I know the choice of distribution is not that important but there are still differences between the popular ones, be it ideology, init system, package handling etc. I wanted to try one of the minimalism ones like void or alpine even thought about building my gentoo unironically (I am unsure how long the initial setup really is as people meme it hard but I would like to start working on my project ASAP so it could be a problem).

I would appreciate any opinion, suggestion etc.

just do void if you dont NEED the customization gentoo provides

WHY THE FUCK IS HER HEAD SO FUCKING BIG

I advise for NixOS or GuixSD. The former if you don't like waiting for compilations, the latter if you don't mind.

My opinion is that that reaction pic is low-res shit.
My suggestion is to replace it.

I will be saving that, thank you

It's all yours, my friend.

>GuixSD
+1 for this.

Debian.

Thanks for joining us today user

debian with xfce.

cephalocaudal growth

Void is akin to arch in many ways so the transition will be easy for you.
Alpine isn't made for desktop use so I would skip it.
Gentoo requires a lot of setup that's not really worth it for the average user.

just get debian desu

Just work with what you have and start anew after you get it done. Even if it isn't stable, moving to something your unfamiliar with when it's use is required is silly. Just stick with your current arch install.

I just use mint with i3. Pretty much everything works out of the box.

If it's for actual work, then you can't go wrong with Illumos/OpenIndiana.

I love your wallpaper

Go for the Debian, once installed works pretty fine. Last stable version provides actual used software for development.
But besides that you should just stick to what you have and try using DevOps methodology for your project which will give you more experience in working as a dev these times.

Ubuntu. It's a great dev environment because it is (probably) the most popular linux distribution and thus it has the most support.
It's also designed to be easy to use for windows retards, so everything "just werks".
I've been using arch for a few years now and decided to partition my hard drive so I have ubuntu on one and arch on the other, and I actually haven't touched arch since.

>School work
They'll likely only support Ubuntu or Fedora.
They're broadly similar but Ubuntu probably has more support availiable from Google.

Windows 10 pro