youtube.com/watch?v=skreabVrMRk
youtube.com/watch?v=ieSq8moVOG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-H4af9-uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4hK8GZ93s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

grouper - ruins

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=JHkrM8WsSb0

Bjork got it. You can tell she went through some tough shit on albums like Homogenic and Vespertine

This is my least favorite life - True Detective qt

I have recently fallen I love with Vashti

Last track on Cтыд и cpaм (the original version, not the modern remaster with ten bonus tracks)

wow, thanks user

Pram in general, but pic related also has the eponymous track about pregnancy anxiety.

Over at /lit/ we've already proved beyond any doubt that women are only capable of sadness and not depression. It's no surprise that fans of the lesser art aren't intelligent enough to realize that.

based PJ Harvey

do you realise that you are on Sup Forums, right?

Do you have that caption of the thread where a nice girl writes enthusiastically about her recent reads and anons rip her a new one and ends up leaving the toxic shithole forever?

You're welcome Tori was a serious challenge to Bjork in the 90's. Most of her early discography are god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=pThZd_U2-lY

youtube.com/watch?v=8WbvV46JPV8

>Plath and Woolf were only sad, not depressed

this is why I don't get on that fucking board, you guys are worse than Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=XcBBalxGMDU

Plath was just mentally ill

le schopenhauer face

what the shit do you think clinical depression is

>Depression is not a mental illness

What is depression then?

>toriposting

youtube.com/watch?v=C7WET8khBc4

>bought into the depression is just a mental imbalance rather than a genuine emotional state meme

>Believing the mental illness meme
Enjoy your pharmajewticals ya retards

muh anna kavan though

>women can't have feelings like i do
You're like a child.

Tori was my favorite artist in the 90's saw her live 3 times...phonominal live performances

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpLCFph9iv4

yes. Psychologists, psychiatrists, and neurobiologists, are all just memeing.

thanks for redpilling me, Sup Forums.
this is where the real science happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=UBgsIgydU7k

Basically, if i feel like listening to Tori I know I'm not in a good place inside.

>Women feel the exact same things as men
Take your leftist lies somewhere else

>mental imbalance
>genuine emotional state
What did he mean by this?

>ywn see her live in the 90's

I think she's still a great performer even now, shame about her compositional skills though.

The relationship between circumstance, environment, and biology isn't fully understood yet. The fact that depression can be triggered by external factors makes it more of an emotional state in my mind than an actual mental illness like schizophrenia.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=91TXWD2ibHE

there are no emotions, only memes.

>The fact that depression can be triggered by external factors makes it more of an emotional state in my mind than an actual mental illness like schizophrenia.
Wew

Claiming women can't be depressed is some next level neckbeard shit, it's strongly tied to the reason you're single.

youtube.com/watch?v=FN40SIFpBhQ

People don't regularly become schizophrenic after a parent dies.

Female Slint desu
youtube.com/watch?v=EWaez91XCiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8

Makes me feel sad

oh sorry, I was basing my opinion on science, not your mind. My bad

I'm not single. Are you American? You sound like one given that you have to tell yourself that everyone who believes something you don't like is the human embodiment of some stereotype..

You're probably a leftist which is why you're dating a girl who's fuck countless men before you, is mentally ill, has dyed hair, and doesn't even go to church.

youtube.com/watch?v=dksGBJeLnQs

youtube.com/watch?v=tWjNFC-FinU

youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c

Lily Allen got those harsh truths

Pretty good shitposting thread so far desu

Not really depressing but sounds a lot like slint

>on science
lol psychology isn't a science. And, like I said, the relationship between environment and biology isn't fully understood. There are competing theories on what qualifies as depression, how one deals with depression, and how depression should be classified.

what do you think are the factors for schizophrenia?

My bad, here's something more reflective
youtube.com/watch?v=o1yON3BibVc

Grouper
Joni Mitchell
Rachel Goswell
Mimi Parker

and many others...

>psychology isn't a science.
Oh it's this meme again. Only pretentious mechanical engineering and physics undergrads believe this.

This was such a different arrangement to the studio version of "Crucify'

youtube.com/watch?v=TCUCQmL3C5Y

These women got something

>doesnt even go to church
fuckin lel m8

also, not the same user, but if you're going to hide behind a straw man fallacy the least you can do is reupholster your argument a bit to at least make an attempt at the subject matter

This just got much better, cheers user

Genetic predisposition to a malformed brain

youtube.com/watch?v=_-V4UKpa0_M

Yeah, it's pretty GOAT. This is also very different, especially the closer, and much better IMO
youtube.com/watch?v=dJHVNABJYI4

It's not a fucking meme. I'm tired of "sciences" that eschew biological explanations in favor of environmental ones. The fact that psychologists do child rearing studies without controlling for genetics says everything.

>Muh informal fallacies
Go read a book you mongoloid shit. There's no reason to address the topic because it's not up for discussion. 2 + 2 = 4, magnetic monopoles don't exist, and women can't get depressed. All both theoretically and empirically proved facts.

youtube.com/watch?v=skXhXdDNOjk

My friend once told me that all women vocals sound the same and they make him want to kill himself so I guess they are doing a pretty good job.

lol
Look up the word "psychology" in the dictionary

Then ponder the fact that we're on Sup Forums

Then use that newfound information to deduce how seriously your opinion is being taken

then go back to /lit/

/lit/ is generally the smartest board, but its crossposters are among the dumbest.

>Reads Schopenhauer once

useless post. just say what you're trying to imply

>the relationship between environment and biology isn't fully understood. There are competing theories on what qualifies as depression, how one deals with depression, and how depression should be classified.
>muh empirical facts

you're half of the discussion is looking pretty coherent

No problemo, the previous track is also great
youtube.com/watch?v=skreabVrMRk

You should just listen to the whole album, even though it only gets depressing towards the later half of the album.

Different areas of psychology are more scientific (by your definition) than others. Saying that psychology in general isn't a science is just stupid.

Is this the argument you are trying to make?
>Depression is not internal/biological in its entirety but has to do with how one processes the environmental output
>Men are capable of accessing this special&deep emotional state; women are not

Correct?

/lit/ is cool, got me into dostoyevski first

but then when I got into the same level of thinking with them it occurred to me that they are just a bunch of pompous little cunts

you mean Julia Casablancas

I'm implying that your a fucking idiot for saying psychology is not a science when the definition for psychology is the science of the mind.

I'm also implying that it's you(a Sup Forums user) vs modern science, so forgive me if I don't find your argument compelling

Now that you've been spoon-fed, go back to /lit/ where you can freely discuss your thorough knowledge of female neurobiology

Psychology today is basically alchemy as it was transitioning to chemistry. It's like 70% bullshit with sprinkles of truth.

>Mount eerie - voice in headphones
>Björk - undo
can you explain it?

where should i start with Dostoyevsky?
I was going to start with Notes from the Underground, but only because it's the shortest, I've heard good things about Bros Karamazov

fucking faves

Its literally a song about Phil Elverum listening to Undo by Bjork. That's why it's called voice in headphones

>Implying it matters if psychology is scientific or not
Psychology has no interest in the lived world, thus it has no interest in experience, thus it is a shitty perspective from which to study my mind. It's just scientism repackaged.

Psychology isn't a science; most schools put it under the humanities umbrella. It's closer to an offshoot of certain branches of philosophy. Let me reiterate: sciences don't do behavioral studies that don't control for genetics.

listen to sharon van etten sing on all her cds about her bf beating the shit outta her. depressing as fuck or sexytiem erotic. you decide.

Fuck off with this le freud, hippy bullshit. Depression, especially conditions that are chronic, derives from neurotransmitter imbalances and brain structure abnormalities. Stop spreading misinformation, faggot.You're not an authority on this subject and never will be.

youtube.com/watch?v=ieSq8moVOG0

Agreed. I heard the arrangement of Waitress/Hang ten during the tour she shared billing with Alannis Morresette ..so moody and powerful. or it might have been the Choirgirl tour. They all run together after awhile I guess. Anyway..was great live.

I started with the crime and punishment but it doesn't really matter where you start

>derives from neurotransmitter imbalances and brain structure abnormalities.
You cannot get cause from effect, you absolute mongoloid. Every emotional state relates to chemical interactions in the brain. If depression was purely structural, people wouldn't suddenly suffer from it due to personal trauma.

the idiot CHANGED MY FUCKING LIFe
read it now, before you die

I'm nearing 10years of depression, medication and psychotherapy and all
I firmly believe that if i had the courage to live completely alone (ie hermit) i would be perfectly happy

Which of these do you think is better?

No one posted Lisa Germano yet?

I make an effort not to think in those terms, just enjoy them both in the ways that you do senpai

thiiiissss
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-H4af9-uQ

>if depression was purely structural
I never said that. I'm fully aware life experiences and neuroplasticity have an influence on how the brain develops. However, implying that endogenous depression doesn't exist makes you short-sighted in your argument.

And you're saying environmental factors can't trigger schizophrenia or psychosis? You're plagued with tunnel-vision, no sense arguing with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4hK8GZ93s

Why do you care?

Regina Spektor's song Hero always gives me the sads