Are smartwatches worth it or a meme

Are smartwatches worth it or a meme

all wearable tech is a meme. it gets in the fucking way. call me when a fitbit is the size of a fingernail and Just Works and i dont even have to think about it. the point of technology is for it not to get in the way.

It depends desu I only got this because I was looking at some nice watches and realised most of them are like £200 minimum and I can't really justify that price when you can get a decent tech equivalent for the same price. It comes in handy though I always have my phone on silent because it pisses me off and I don't realise it vibrate in my pocket but the watch vibrates and displays notifications. Also good to look at your waifu.

Have a little class and purchase a middle of the pack watch like a Movado or whatever fits your budget. You'll look like less of a faggot.

Have never wanted a smartwatch until now.

yeah they are mostly, you can get something like this and still get notification vibrations etc and not look like a sperg

It's pretty handy for monitoring your heart rate when doing drugs and for quickly dismissing notifications and changing music, so aye it's alright.

check out the ticwatch e it's really cheap. I also had the first moto 360 those are okay you can find them cheap on ebay but the bit which held the watch strap broke on mine i think it's a common issue

Faggot

Gentleman

Owner of a Samsung Gear S3, here. They're mostly just gimmicky toys, although I found the fitness functionality to be pretty nice. Would rather a dedicated fitness wearable in hindsight tho.

You need these sorts of devices to do as much as possible automatically. i.e. it needs to fit into the life you already live without requiring you to put in extra effort to get the most out of it. Otherwise you'll use it a lot for the first week or two and then stop giving a shit.

Rule of thumb with any techie impulse buy like this is to only purchase things that do what you already do on a day to day basis, but better.

I'd honestly only get one of these if you have enough disposable income to not care if you never actually use it. If you're a Sup Forums friend with a tight budget, your money is better spent improving other areas of yr life.

I put off getting one for years because I had no use for it. Then I got to the point where I literally couldn't have my phone readily accessible for most of the day. I spent less than $200 on one and it has totally been worth it.

>doesnt want to spend $200 on a luxury watch
>instead spends $200 on shit tech watch to put anime on

Do you get a lot of texts, to the point that it gets really disruptive having to take out your phone to read them all? That's just about the only problem these things solve.

Tell me about the Pebble Round 20mm lads

They also tell you the time without requiring you to take out your phone.

smart watches are terrible but you seem like a retard so I'll recommend one anyway

is that some shitass version of lukako or somebody else?

pebble was the only non meme and look where that went

looks really, really great
non water proof is annoying because taking your watch off to shower is annoying

redpill me

basically the epitome of usable smartwatch without gimmicks
will be declining as online services shut down

Former owner of a S2. Totally agree with you, after about a month or so I stopped using most of the smartwatch functions, and notifications started to get annoying, with me only actually using the watch to reply to 10% of messages. Though if I had Samsung Pay I'd probably use it more.

>>>/reddit/

why are they shutting down? should i not buy a pebble round because of this?

What is this

i mean you can but you will basically need to navigate a non supported product
pebble basically liquidated because they were dumb and tried to get all income from kickstarter campaigns instead of just making a product and selling it continuously like normal humans. they went bankrupt hard. Fitbit bought their name and a few of the principle engineers but everyone else got offed.

theoretically fitbit will incorporate bits of pebble into their stuff but they haven't yet and have given no indication of doing so, so don't count on pebble ever truly coming back

unless you care about fitness tracking then no
Who am I kidding, nobody on this board cares about fitness tracking

so you're saying to buy the pebble round but just dont count on any updates ?

Used Samsung Gear S3.

Pros:
- It doesn't require a pocket. I have some stupid shorts which I forget don't have pockets, makes me go reee.

Cons:
- It's dependent on the phone being on you to be worth it. It's not an independent phone from which you can Whatsapp and shit.
- It's yet another battery I have to worry about.
- It's not much more useful than a phone. Software and hardware even more restrictive than on a phone.

Conclusion: Went back to my old combo of:
- A smartphone for the bare minimum smartphone things I need to use like calls, SMS, and Whatsapp.
- A Laptop for everything else.
- Some indestructible Casio watch with 10yr battery life so I can put it on and forget about it even when going to bed or doing some extreme sport and can't have my other electronics on me.

If smart watches were an independent phone with their own SIM and could run most Android apps, then they would be good enough to replace the smartphone for someone like me who likes his laptop around for anything more serious.