Warp drives.

Oni wife

Cybernetic body and brain

small, high power output fusion reactors
like, a gigawatt from a 1000sq ft device
so, so many possibilities open up when you have power like that

>she will never call you daarin

affordable high capacity SSD drives for regular consumers

The washing pole from Dark Souls, purely for decoration.

Transporter?

All of it Tricorders too. Star trek has great toys.

reminder that onis should be killed and not married

DNA resequencer.

Real time way of repairing and modifying dna in a human.

Should be able to cure cancer, fix damage and live a very long life. Thousands of years barring sicknesses or injury.

affordable ssd drives, and lightsabers

shut up eru

fulldive VR

Someone outdo this

You'll chop your arm off. So be sure to say lightsabers and organic grown replacement limbs.

GNU Hurd

a ship that moves the universe around it so unlike startrek you can go somewhere without "teleporting" and being replaced by a copy

VFs

Paprika's dream sharing device

This. I wanted it ever since I was a shitty little kid. WHY is life to cruel, I just want to live in the database.

/thread

Why not just say microwormhole transporter?

How about a mecha oni wife?

universal translator

functional exoskeleton for manual labour

>fictional technology
A girl. Or at most a girl that likes me.

artificial consciousness in video games
give me that west world experience on pc

Robot waifus

ass controllers

There are several girls that potentially would like you in the world.
But finding one is the thing.

A robot butler/manservant. Basically a robot that follows me around, helps me do things, is advanced enough to hold conversations, is advanced in hand to hand combat so I can never get mugged etc. Maybe we will have this in 100 years but I want it now

>28yo
>finally find a girl who likes me
>she's still (barely) underage
why must the world tease me like this?

You went 28 years, you can wait another

Happiness and meaning dispenser.

You live in the world where people customize VW beetles to look just like the one on Herbie the Love Bug movie, just to literally fuck the car.
You should not be surprised by anything by now.

1tb/500gb SSDs aren't that bad nowadays.
4gb will make you shit bricks though.

barely fuck her
how the hell does 28yo man meets underage girl in a "who likes me" way? i mean, your enviroments should be separated

don't tell me she's your cousin or something

Ability to upload and run (at full speed or faster) human consciousness.

Backups, forks, true virtual reality where we can live all our fantasies, robot bodies operated as avatars in the physical world for when we feel the need (mostly for when we send fleets loaded up with copies of us to other worlds).

I work at McDonald's and she comes in regularly to say hi

na, she's a friend's sister's daughter
i help the sister with things from time to time

Been watching altered carbon?

SAO tier VR

Pls

You can't upload consciousness. Only a copy of your mind itself.

Lifelike sex robots

>be in future
>be 60yrs old
>can't have legal consensual sex due to being too young

I loved that show. For me, the concept was very new and it was a much better show than the other show they did where they shared consciousness with a cluster of gay people.
The show could have been better if they dropped the nudity and focused more on the personal aspects but overall, good show.

Not yet, but I'm glad the book's getting a series.
The first sci-fi story I read that specifically featured it prominently was either Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom or Golden Oecumen.
And I read Permutation City by Greg Egan when I was young enough for it to kind of fuck me up.

The show is just ok, not as good as the book. Also ill check out the other books you mentioned ive never even heard of them

Why would you even want to be with a girl like that? She's probably boring as fuck and annoying and inexperienced.

Also, underage? What's the age of consent? Why does it matter if she's underage if it does not bother you?

Some fucking device that will highlight something I've misplaced and direct me to it's exact location

There's so many times where I'd love this to be a thing

You mean like AR?
AR could do that.

The experience of consciousness emerges from a sequences of states in the brain. If this sequence of states is simulated correctly, the same experience will exist in the simulation as well.

If you believe in some kind of ontologically non-physical component of human experience, that's fine, but don't pretend it's an evidence based belief or has applicability outside of your supernatural belief framework.

Please help me find the shit I misplaced and can't fucking find

>She's probably boring as fuck and annoying and inexperienced.
i'm a virgin, she's no less experienced than i am
>What's the age of consent?
>Why does it matter if she's underage if it does not bother you?
it bothers the law, no way in fuck her mother would be ok with it

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom is by Cory Doctrow. It isn't that good but it's short and creative commons, so you can find it for free.
The first book in the Golden Oecumen is really good but the next two just alright.

Almost anything sci-fi by Charles Stross is good and usually also goes into uploading.
Alastair Reynolds doesn't touch on it as much but he's a pretty good far future sci-fi author.

Eclipse Phase is a TTRPG setting that cribs pretty heavily and obviously from all of these authors, plus David Brin and others, and it was recently all released to creative commons too.

All good choices, however, what would be best?
Personally I want the matrix,but for video games
All my wants can be handled.
I can have fun inside
I could chose what world to play
And if I am so inclined I make what I want to live in

a second choice would be AI or robots that I could talk with, human like, and give a body to, so im able to fuck it. something where they may not agree with me all the time, but will be loyal to me.

the internet and nerdom put people who normally would never meet in the same place to have fun talking about their hobbies together.

had a few women aged 60+ who I would talk to regularly due to shared interest in games, outside of that, we would likely have shared a passing hello and that would be that.

modeling someone to your own interests is kind of fun. in experience means she learns your quarks, not trying what made her last love happy on you two.

>"I know what guys like user"
"I wish you didn't"

I want all my shit on ssd's that means upwards 16tb

The wired

hey, it's this video games girl from video games show

Are you the guy from bant that asked [s4s] if we liked Giant Robots?

Some biotechnology that stops aging and grants you eternal life.

Underrated posts.

The thread is about fictional technology though, so it's not a factor

You can copy it, but you can't transfer it.
Live with it.

>modeling someone to your own interests is kind of fun. in experience means she learns your quarks, not trying what made her last love happy on you two.
You're not going to do that with someone that old.
You're going to ruin your own life trying to force it.

full transfer of my consciousness and soul into an immortal cybernetic organism, with the ability to upgrade and change as I find and design newer & better options

I don't really want to live forever. But, I want to live for a REALLY long fucking time, travel the galaxy, visit other galaxies. Then I can choose when I wish to die. Pretty sure I can go a full billion years before I get that bored. Wouldn't even surprise me if I made it a few tens of billions. Breaking a trillion is where I start to think I might have had enough.

nerve gear

is zero two technology? i'd like to have one

a good linux filepicker

>a good kernel filepicker

Came here to post this, only to find it as first post.

Came here to post this second. Damn it, Sup Forums.

ok sorry i meant a good gnu+linux filepicker

Suicide booth from Futurama.

this

black mirror s03 e02

dont worry if you havent seen any episodes, the story is separate in each and every episode

Tank > mecha

a gf.

I've used my first one this year. Never going back to HDD. The speed is phenomenal, the stability even better. HDD's, especially in laptops, are ridiculously fragile in comparison.

>Personally I want the matrix,but for video games
I don't want the matrix.

>Not Gundam
You franxfags need to die quickly

How can someone even make it through the first 5 minutes of Franxx?
It starts with such obnoxious monolgoues.

Watch Overlord instead, especially if you're a KDE fan.

please tell me what anime this is

darling in the franxx

Thank you so much, user

practical atomically precise diamonoid mechanosynthesis

this.

>computer! ten pounds of pussy and ass. moist.

she thinks she's hot shit but comes off as kinda annoying and a bit stupid to me.
linux desktop environment that wouldn't bug out, wouldn't look like trash and isn't i3 or openbox.

practical atomically precise diamonoid mechanosynthesis could enable pretty much anything posted in this thread

>a microscopic differential

loading your consciousness into some other reality so i could escape this shit one

No thanks, I don't want to be a part of botnet.

I'm sure you wouldn't care at age 60 when ur fat and old