m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsWguQ8gl4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6exw6xT0oo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvI1mXY3QQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIj44JDiUJs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_CyEUCVEQzA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4bNkfujpnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're a lost cause. Sorry.

Just start with Sup Forumscore, but make sure not to become a drone, branch out from what you like

check out these artists:
kanye
death grips
bjork
animal collective
crimson king
kendrick lamar
run the jewels
radiohead

have fun

just listen to literally every single album that came out this week and see what you like

If you like Coldplay you'd probably like Radiohead.

god damn... well aren't in denial

Listen to these (TMR, Soumtracks For The Blind and The Glow are to be listened last or not at all).

Explore the genres and discographies of the ones you liked.

Alright, I don't even care you have Linkin Park, Cold Play, and 21 Pilots. Ditch the Chvrches. Shitty meme band who only has a following due to their qt front woman.

Just start with basic Sup Forumscore stuff. Find a genre you like and explore it. Use websites like RYM, Discogs, Last.fm, etc.

It's not that you know nothing, it's that you are very limited, with only 9 artist, and you really need to branch out to knew artists and probably new genres too.

pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ

This list is very helpful for getting started with some of the music that a lot of people consider to be worth listening to, you don't have to listen to it all but listen to as much as you can.

Also for your own sake realize that just because Sup Forums likes it doesn't mean you have to.

Primus
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Sigur Ros

If you liked Night Visions, check out 2000s post punk revival like

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Interpol - TOTBL
The National - Boxer
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Hospice isn't on Sup Forumscore anymore. Do you feel old yet?

wow. I see you must really like Radiohead.

Vampire Weekend
St. Vincent
Belle and Sebastian
The Decemberists
River City Extension

Some accessible indie rock/pop

Why those three albums last or not at all? I love 2/3 of them

>not listening to The Glow at all
Why do that to yourself?

Thanks for the help so far guys, really appreciate it :D

Is this a bait thread?

no. i realized that my library was just meh and wanted more diverse music and vocals

I'm only asking because of the rage face

U2

~~~~ not a fan of the vocals although they're similar to Cold Play.

i realized that it did make it look like a bait thread, woops

You should start by listening to Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea." It's an album that everyone on Sup Forums started off listening to. It's pretty catchy and enjoyable. Even though I don't listen to it anymore, it's an album that made me more open to listening to new and interesting music. Really changed my whole perspective.

Honestly from your situation you should start with the classics, like your rolling stones top 100 albums of all time or something. Understand that it's not the best music out there, but it will all be accessible and [spoiler] good [/spoiler] and could provide a base for your to expand your taste from.

This.

Do not start with Sup Forumscore you'll end up an uneducated drone. One thing you could do is explore the influences of your favorite artists.

Theres no helping you

TasteKid
Lastfm
RYM

In all honesty the key is not dismissing albums that strike you as odd or unlistenable too soon. When you're developing your taste it's more a matter of prolonged exposure than anything else. Most albums are growers, and sometimes it takes a while for it to "click", but once you get it you fucking GET IT. and it'll feel great and it will be much easier to get into other genres with a broadened perspective. Critically acclaimed albums are such for a reason.

Just lurk and explore with an open mind

>also holy shit your music is cringe

>Steve Roach
>Robert Rich

I would take one of those out and put in SAW II desu as much as it's become the generic starting ambient album it got that status for a reason. And Coil is definitely one of the most accessible entries into industrial

That's just stupid nitpicking though. This is fuckin awesome

dude The Glow is way more accessible than Spiderland

Why the fuck is Trout Mask Sup Forumscore?
Isn't the whole point if Sup Forumscore supposed to be accessible albums that help people begin broadening their musical taste?
TMR is doin too much

2fast2bulbous

You're still a retard asking to be spoonfed that never bothered to read the sticky and the part that says "Discover music". Of course someone like you would have a rage face saved on his hard drive.

/thread.

aaaand welcome to Sup Forums

naisu baito

>/threading your own post

gross.

also, where's the punk?

Here it is

look up Sup Forumscore charts mah nignog

i know we love to hate on them but really its a fucking great way to get into different kinds of music. the problem is people who fail to go beyond it.

go through a mucore chart, download the albums that pique your interest. from there go through other albums by the artist and read stuff online about them and check out related bands.

check out rateyourmusic.com
click on charts and that should be a pretty good introduction to the essentials. its a great site in general

you'll be fine mi amigo. within a few months you should be able to shit on other people for having bad taste :)

>listens to TMR
>Wow, this is really fucking weird!
>I want more!
>avant-garde

Trout Mask Replica is accessible though

Versus, say, Machine Gun. Or 革命京劇 Ver.1.28 (Revolutionary Pekinese Opera Ver.1.28)

>Asking Sup Forums for music recommendations
This'll go over well.

Word of advice, OP: the worst board to discuss the topic you want to discuss is the board dedicated to that topic.

>crimson king

what? how is that even a comparison
neither of those are Sup Forumscore they're avant-teen RYMcore

The Glow Pt. 2 and Mount Eerie are albums everyone should listen to at least once. Fucking crazy. Mount Eerie completely transcends music for me.

>le Sup Forums doesn't know anything about music meme

We unironically have better taste than 99% of other places/people.
Like literally, name a better music forum than us. Protip you cant.

holy fucking shit this is some high quality bait

Nah, this is bullshit. Of course you have a lot of shitposting on Sup Forums that screw up the curve so to speak. But there's still a lot of ambition to listening to music that other boards don't share.

/daily/ is a very underrated thread in my opinion. Yeah it's teeming with tripfags, but that doesn't matter. It's where the most actual music discussion takes place that doesn't mainly evolve around Sup Forumscore.

Discussing music on other boards always ends up with people having half-knowledge on one single genre, those mostly being metal and hip hop, not that there's anything wrong with it. But it's not very open, and usually ruined by a Sup Forums tourist who wants to seem like he knows about shit by attacking people who don't exclusively listen to Sup Forumscore outside of Sup Forums.

ya fell for the fucking bait good job man

>We unironically have better taste than 99% of other places/people.
Please. Sup Forums is a board that talks about a select few artists/groups frequently (none of which are as obscure or "patrician" as you'd like to believe since you're talking about musicians with millions of fans), collects vinyl records almost exclusively like your typical Johnny-come-lately impressionable faggot with special-snowflake syndrome, and actively discourages deviation from "mainstream Sup Forumscore" discussion.

Sup Forums is full of fucking retards with complete shit taste. You faggots have completely destroyed a board that was decent when it was created. Sup Forums manages to be somehow worse at music discussion than fucking Sup Forums is at TV and movie discussion.

>Like literally, name a better music forum than us. Protip you cant.
Literally every other single board on Sup Forums, for starters.

you are literally just being silly

Remember that most of the people who constantly make Death Grips threads with barely any substance or who make "I listened to this beloved album and I think it's horrible" threads are not serious. They are shitposters who pretend to be idiots.
You can't call out Sup Forums's taste and opinions, because you haven't actually seen them in ages. You don't fucking know what people on Sup Forums like, because most rather just pretend that they only listen to Sup Forumscore, for shits and giggles.

Vinyl collectors are usually a vocal minority. You better believe that there are a lot of collectors on Sup Forums who don't give a fuck about it and just buy whatever they want, in whatever format they choose.

no way, other boards unironically listen to video game music, Muse and Imagine Dragons.

Sup Forumscore is actual great music, if you only listen to that, yes, you have boring taste, but still very fucking good taste.

>Sup Forumscore is actual great music

don't listen to these plebs. you want the good stuff.

Just start with these 10 bands:

>The Beatles (Sgt. Peppers onwards)
>The Smiths
>The Rolling Stones (Beggars to Exile)
>Pink Floyd (Meddle - The Wall)
>Led Zeppelin
>Oasis (first two + the masterplan)
>Soundgarden (king animal is trash)
>Queens of the Stone Age
>ISIS
>Alice In Chains

holy fuck screencapped

I don't know what's more pathetic, your taste, or the fact that people are spoonfeeding you

You are beyond hope OP..Why dont you kill yourself by diving into spoon full of hot water?

How old are you? I had more diverse taste when I was 14

Ok senpai. We have some work to do.

Don't listen to the mongs that keep posting Sup Forumscore pics, because most of those albums take some getting used to before you can appreciate them. Start off with the following.

the Microphones - The Glow pt. 2 (You can just DL it on Bandcamp)

Death Grips - Exmilitary ( Easiest to listen to in my opinion )

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (better than TPAB imo)

Bob Marley - Exodus (very chill reggae album, you'll like it)

Gorrilaz - Demon Days (most of the songs are very catchy, White Light is a personal fav)

Enjoy!

The good thing about all of these albums is that if you enjoy any of them, there are always similar albums out there (For example if you like Exodus, check out Peter Tosh's Equal Rights)

Btw, you should probably check out Neutral Milk Hotel if you really want to get into Sup Forumssic. Takes some getting used to, but after a while you will love it.

Coldplay
>Radiohead
>Muse

Linkin Park
>Deftones
>Rage Against the Machine

Chvrches
>Metric
>Purity Ring

Of Monsters and Men
>Fleet Foxes
>Bon Iver

Also if you try Radiohead start with these albums

The Bends
OK Computer
In Rainbows

The first 2 actually influenced Coldplay a lot.

Just browse Sup Forums. That's what I did and I went from pretty much the same as you (but with different music) to this. It's not really large of a range of genres, but it's certainly better than what I had a few months ago. And it's always getting bigger by the day though, there's always new music to discover.

I went through Sup Forums core shit and chose what I liked then expanded from there.

>kanye
>death grips
awful taste

>We unironically have better taste than 99% of other places/people.
That's what /lit/ thinks about their taste in literature.
Both wrong desu desu~~~

Why do you even bother to waste your time typing out these memes?

I feel the need to remind you that you have no musical taste.
You might as well listen to Taylor Swift or whatever shit kids like nowoday.

Just a couple things
I didnt intend for this to be a bait thread as some are people are song
Im so disconnected from other types of music that i honestly just needed some help
Thanks so far to everyone for the help, expected this thread to die during the night

>Taylor Swift

I'm not a fan of her music, but you're retarded if you think her music doesn't have any merit.

It doesn't.
She's hot. That for sure.

>Coldplay
>Imagine Dragons
>Linkin Park

Oh boy.

Tired of this bait

delete everything you have and start going through the top 100 albums on rate your music.

> rateyourmusic.com/customchart

then i would start branching out based on what you liked. this is really easy to do with rym.

Neutral Milk Hotel
My Bloody Valentine
Radiohead
Swans
Frank Turner (this one especially)

You should try some death metal

Some starters:

Cannibal Corpse - Butchered at Birth
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsWguQ8gl4

Entombed - Left Hand Path
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6exw6xT0oo

Death - Human
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvI1mXY3QQ

Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIj44JDiUJs

Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_CyEUCVEQzA

Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4bNkfujpnQ

There are worse things than a plain average mainstream music taste, and if you stay here, you will see exactly how deep this shitty rabbit hole goes. If I were you I would just embrace how you have it now, or find a less toxic place to go about it.

>not rubber soul onwards

disgusting