Spotify or Apple Music

Which service do I choose? Apple Music came out with a student discount, so their prices are basically the same. What do you guys use?

Apple Music is way too white. It's annoying to look at. Spotify's dark color scheme is great. That's enough for me to stay with Spotify.

Ye Spotify is OG

free spotify web player and I fucking love it

I buy individual albums and rip them. Streaming music feels very subservient

Spotify's free with my mobile provider so it's really no contest for me :/. Saying that, theres more stuff that is on Apple that's not on spotify.

I have a what.cd account and usually download albums in FLAC then convert from there. I've tried spotify and it seems very sub-par

Like what?

There's nothing better than hearing about an artist on the go and being able to have their discography at your immediate disposal. Spotify is great.

Tidal

>being able to have their discography at your immediate disposal
Why not just download their entire discography?

>d/L time
>space issues
>It's illegal

I'll take Spotify for $10, trebek

Because if I'm on the go how would I download it?

Downloading for serious listening/archival is good but if I'm just in the car or a friend tells me about an album and I want to listen to it RIGHT AWAY, Spotify allows me to do that with absolutely no hassle.

It's really awesome to be able to say "OK Google, play Kid A by Radiohead" or literally any other of Spotify's 30,000,000+ songs and have it play without even touching anything.

>d/L time
varies
>space issues
128gb sd card or you could get something other than your un-upgradable macbook
>It's illegal
kek. If your music downloading is "illegal" than you're probably downloading complete pleb-tier music.
because using your fingers is so hard

damn dude, ass blasted to the point that you feel the need to convert others to your shitty and dying tracker culture. Heads up, in ten years streaming will have killed it off completely.

It's not about it being hard, it's about convenience. When I'm across the room and want to play something, I can just say what I want to be played.

You do realize Spotify Premium has a student discount as well, right? I only pay $6 a month for it.

Yes, Apple Music's is $4.99 though. Its just a dollar cheaper though.

The only thing I can find that Apple Music doesn't have is collaborative playlists, but I don't even use those. Apple Music also has an actual 24/Hours radio station, so that's pretty cool too.

>yes, don't feel the need to actually own your digital content. good goy. Keep paying monthly fees for your favorite music and programs

This tbqhfam.

Streaming services are convenient, sure, but depend on constant network connectivity and sometimes doesn't have all the music you want . I use Spotify for music discovery though because that shit beats the radio, but for my main listening I use Poweramp.

Enjoy listening to music in 192kbps pleb

itunes has all the sun kil moon albums so that

TIDAL MASTER RACE CHECKING IN

Fucking plebs with spotify/apple lacking Neil Young and Prince

i meant apple music, whatever

lel I just have all that shit downloaded from soulseek, PLUS apple music PLUS spotify, fucking plebathon

>soulseek
>calling me a pleb

top kek

I am not too happy with spotify at the moment. When I tried Apple music itunes just uses too much ram and at the time or possibly still has a memory leak.

Hey there, nooutlaw4me.

Neither will have everything. If you're choosing one or the other, you have to concede that you're going to be missing out on SOMETHING. That's why Sup Forums tends to prefer piracy and curating their own collection.

I haven't used Apple Music but I'm not really an Apple person and Spotify is great, so I've had no reason to switch.

what's wrong with souldseek, fucking dunce?

>not having a what account

xd my friend, x plus fucking d

i made the switch last month. apple music is frustrating to navigate and just a maze in general. Also not all music in the itunes store is on apple music. However it handles syncing very well.
beats is free internationally.

Based on the past month, I prefer spotify but paple music is costing $5.99 so ill save that extra simoleons for beer

streaming is faster

you can download for offline play on Spotify.