Is hip hop the most clichéd genre in pop music history...

Is hip hop the most clichéd genre in pop music history? I can't sincerely think of one that's less creative or less reliant on technical skill

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21t5jsWV2ec&list=PLw0ALlxhMy4M4sGX-h36heB3KvDz5mG0A&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=tr3ftsCVXhc
youtube.com/watch?v=aE3FrVbqqm0
youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

b8b8b8b8b8b8b8

enjoy prog-rock!

You've obviously never heard 1980s rock music

uk garage

pop hip hop?

probably

non-pop hip hop?

no

1980s rock musicians knew how to play instruments and compose pop songs

Rappers don't

rock, metal, dance, country, western, mainstream pop, etc.

Anyone can play guitar. Literally

It means nothing

...are all genres regularly plagiarized by hip hop.

That doesn't have anything to do with hip hop being "clichéd".

yes

Wrong, knowing how to play an instrument is a sign of dedication, knowledge of music, and possibly talent. If you don't know how to play an instrument then you're not a musician.

hp hop is probably one of the most radical genres of music today

Strings on wood. Gtars are overrated. I would rather make music with rocks.

yes
you might be a composer.
lol

It has everything to do with creativity and technical skill. Please don't @ me if you're incapable of reading the OP; I criticized hip hop on multiple fronts.

Is that a joke? It sounds like you don't know much about music composition

Knowing how to play an instrument doesn't make you creative or technically skilled.

*hp hop is probably one of the laziest, most superficial, and most commercial genres of music today

ftfy

so if somebody has been making beautiful synthesizer compositions all of their life and has no idea how to play an instrument, are they not a musician according to you, despite making music?

Name one composer who doesn't play an instrument.

Yes. You just need to learn how to loop drums and say the lyrics really fast. Too bad neo-Sup Forums is in denial and thinks you need the same level of skill as a nuclear engineer to use a drum machine.

no

Knowing how to play an instrument is essential for musical creativity and technical skill. It is impossible to be a technically skilled musician without ever having touched an instrument. If you don't know how to create sound, you have no framework for expressing broader ideas and emotions. You also don't know how to produce creative music because you don't know how to create music in the first place

Weird post. A synthesizer is an instrument

I can think of punk music or dada and outsider art if you want less technically skilled, at least in the traditional sense

I don't disagree with any of this. What fucking point are you trying to make? You do understand that instruments are used in hip hop, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

What about singers? Do they count as musicians?

>a type of instrument is available to a variety of consumers and artists
>automatically makes it bad

I bet you fucks never touched an instrument in your life. Just because you listen to songs doesn't mean you somehow absorb the artists' talents magically. Fucking hipsters go fondle your kazoos and sitars in the moldy corner you butts belong at.

Lol I play several instrruments you dick. I just that it someone doesn't validate my music more than anyone elses.

Holy hell that sentence was a mess, what I meant was:
I just realise it doesn't validate my music more than anyone else's

Can you type whatever the fuck you were trying to type again? In a way a human being can understand this time, poo in loo.

See

>"Strings on wood. Gtars are overrated. I would rather make music with rocks."

>"I just realise it doesn't validate my music more than anyone else's"

Hypocrite.

Literally not what I said at all. Anyone can play most western instruments to a competent enough level to play in a band or write decent music. Just look at any pop artist who decides to folk it up. It means nothing, stop thinking it makes you superior

Most rock musicians can't even find their way around an mpc, what's your point?

you do realize that most composers are profilic in various instruments like violin and piano. AT LEAST.

No. It either has the worse record of bad album covers to come out of a genre or the best. It's the only genre I know to do both at the same time.

>denial

EDM

>Hip Hop doesn't require skill

youtube.com/watch?v=21t5jsWV2ec&list=PLw0ALlxhMy4M4sGX-h36heB3KvDz5mG0A&index=7

Anything related to contemporary djing.
It takes no actual skill ffs, you Can literally create music by smashing your Face on the console

Not really..

Only knowing how to play a few strings on a guitar and sing with only hitting simple notes isn't a lot of technical skill.

Stop listening to what your dad says and realise he doesn't even know much about music.

>Knowing hot to play a few basic things like most punk rock and pop rock musicians makes you a musical genius.

>Real hip hop
>Commercial

>doesn't post hip hop

This is still bullshit and sounds like what mostly gets posted in Soundcloud threads. Disjointed musical nonsense. Very clearly copied and pasted bits of other people's music.

>What is turntablism

Stop comparing the worst guitar players to the best electronic producers. I love how you bullshitters do this. Anyone that says playing a musical instrument doesn't require a significant amount of skill is literally a dumbfuck and has no idea what music is.

Turntablism is like the Steve Vai of electronic production. No one is going to say that it doesn't take an obvious amount of skill, but it's also fucking useless, gimmicky wankery.

It sounds just like hip hop.

Any real hip hop head knows who DJ Shadow is..
You are just ignorant as fuck.

Real hiphop heads are not the kanye fan boys on here.

Uh no you've purposefully moved the goal posts and posted an instrumental wank track instead of the vocally centered hip hop you fucking know everyone is talking about. It doesn't matter if ur so kool that u kno who dj shadow is you faggot, being well known doesn't make you any more talented or groundbreaking.

But most popular punk rock musicians and rock guitarists of the 80s only play about 3 or 4 simple strings.

Rock music was a rebellion against the idea that you need a lot of talent to make music so they made music that was simple to make.

>Turntablism
>Electronic production

What?

>most popular punk rock musicians and rock guitarists
>[no source]

>3 or 4 simple strings
>simple strings

lol you have no idea how guitars or music works. You've also implied that "rock music" started in the 80s.

Uh yeah - producing music using electronic means as opposed to playing electric or acoustic instruments. You fucking faggot.

Look how untalented hip hop musicians are.

Turntablism is no more electronic than electric guitars with all kids of special speakers and filters..

God you are dumb kid.

Objectively speaking there is no skill or talent involved in hip hop. Speaking rhythmically in time with a beat you stole from a song someone else already composed is not a talent. Feel free to prove me wrong though, rapcucks.

Yeah, no I love hendrix and chuck berry.

You are mistaking me for a one gernre idiot fan boy like yourself.

Anyway check out how little talent this guy has.

It's better to know how to play an instrument than to not know how to play one.

I can play virtually any instrument and make music even without them.

Some of the forerunners of hip hop actually knew how to play instruments and compose with them, much of modern hip hop is generic cut and paste stuff that has lowered the skill floor, so the quality of music suffers.

LISTEN TO THIS YOU FUCKING IDIOT REEEEEE

>doesn't post hip hop
>doesn't know what hip hop even means

>very clearly copied and pasted bits of other people's music
> doesn't know what a sampler is

youtube.com/watch?v=aE3FrVbqqm0

>doesn't know what scratching is

It's funny how all you kids who only listen to music your dad showed you think the muscians who made that music would have the same shit opinions as you.

Most musicians have a deverse appreciation of music.. Plenty of rock musicians have an appreciation for hip hop and plenty of hip hop musicians have appreciation for rock.

Here is Axl Rose wearing an NWA hat.

HAHAHAHAHA

>taking music someone else has recorded IN ITS ENTIRETY
>putting it on vinyl
>scratching the needle across said vinyl to make kOoL SoUnDs

>build an instrument from scratch
>plug it into an amplifier
>play notes on strings with your hands

yeah totally the same thing you fucking dunce

Already commented on this bullshit Look dumbass, you know what this thread is about. You're moving the goalposts in a feeble effort to prove that hip hop takes more skill than playing real instruments. It's not working. I know what a fucking sampler is, stop acting like pressing a button that triggers a sound isn't the same thing as copying and pasting it.

What hip hop artists plagiarize metal? Because I want to listen to them.

OH WOW A HUGE FAGGOT 80s ROCK SINGER LIKES NWA HOLY SHIT

not him but hip hop requires tons more skill than strumming 3 chords on a geetar

show me a rock musician who can find his way around a studio

shit, show me one who can use a fucking sampler

>I don't understand what turntablism is

I shortened that post for you.

Can someone make this autistic dadrocker shut up?

* apart from steve albino

metal

Honestly it's really funny how you all think dad rock musicians would sit around bitching about hip hop with you and think you are cool.

Aerosmith collaborating with Run DMC,

youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk

>muh strumming 3 chords meme

You're gonna have to think of something else retarded to repeat over and over again

And are you fucking serious? Show me a hip hop musician that knows how to properly dial in a compressor - or hey wait, how about multiple kinds of compressors? Do they know how to use an EQ that's more complex than the one on their iphone?

And you cannot be serious about using a sampler. Literally finger drumming.

Sorry man, I've got eyes and ears. I can plainly see what turntablism is. It's a huge gimmick.

Steve Albini is a faggot and sucks analog's dick

The thing is struming 3 chords isnt a meme.

>Show me a hip hop musician that knows how to properly dial in a compressor - or hey wait, how about multiple kinds of compressors? Do they know how to use an EQ that's more complex than the one on their iphone?
um
dilla
madlib
alchemist
pete rock
premo
epmd
jay electronica
el-p

i could sit here all day honestly, hip hop is way in front of rock for innovative studio tricks (because they treat dub as a serious genre unlike you rocktards who think a studio is something an engineer should be employed to operate)

Why can't you appreciate both genres like me?

i do but to me gorguts obscura is a good rock record

i bet the guy i'm debating likes some fucking awful buttrock and probably thinks butch vig is a good producer
that said some rock engineers are god-tier, alan moulder for example

And how do you know that any of those people have any knowledge of studio equipment?? Or are you just assuming in order to make your point hurr durr

And hey, yeah you might need an engineer around when you're trying to build sounds from the ground up instead of uh copying and pasting completed recordings other people have already made LOL

It's a stupid Sup Forums meme that ignores thousands of musicians that don't play guitar like that and in fact make an effort to avoid it. It's just trying to say "nuh uh boom bap music isn't all the same like ur THREE CHORD GUITAR ROCK" when literally 9/10 hip hop tracks have the same beat and bass line for the entire song

They are the kind of people that think they are super edgy appreciators of music and fine art for listening to their dads old rock records but don't even know what jazz is.

because i can hear it, lol
it's funny because hip hop has been all about muh expensive compressors for like 20 years
you could have got away with saying some of that stuff pre-1987 but not any more
and even then you'd have been dead wrong because people like ced gee were getting better sound using an sp-12, a shitty analogue mixer and some pedals

step your game up senpai

like all eric clapton fans basically

>Is hip hop the most clichéd genre in pop music history?
Classical music is the only music that requires both creativity and artistic skill.
Everything else is for kids.

fukk, shit's out of this world, thanks mate

Do you realise the irony of what you are saying?

>Not all guitarists play just 3 strings to think that is idiotic

>All every hip hop musician does is make simple scratching sounds on a turntable

It's like you don't want people to be ignorant to rock music but you promote and flaunt ignorance to other genres of music.

Classical music is far from necessarily requiring creativity

You can't "hear" someone's understanding of how compressors or EQs work you fucking idiot.

>ced gee

Are you really fucking serious with this shit?

Oh this is so fucking rich. Shocker: you're both 16 and can't play a single instrument

Nope I'm saying

>All every hip hop musician does is make simple beats out of other people's recordings and then layer on copied and pasted bits of other people's recordings

>You can't "hear" someone's understanding of how compressors or EQs work you fucking idiot.

speak for yourself

This has to be a troll post.

Okay, I have tried talking logically to you.

Perhaps one day you will realise that your opinion doesn't make you look edgy and creative and you will be able to face the facts instead of ignoring them.

You're the real og. Of course I'll always prefer jazz.

>You need to play instruments to appreciate music.

This is describes you so well and thats why you are attacking back with an ad hominem

You cannot fully understand or appreciate music without knowing how to play an instrument. You will always be wrong if you're trying to argue against this.

hitting frets is baby mode compared to something like a violin

*yawn* are people on Sup Forums `really` that EASY to stump?

Anyway keep thinking that hating rock music makes you look like and edgy appreciator of fine art, because music lovers of all kinds of genres just think you are an idiot.

>B-b-b-but but I play the guitar a little bit.

by the same token
>you can't appraise hip hop without a good understanding of the operating system of an akai mpc

but of course that would be bullshit

It definitely is, senpai. But let's take the time to have an honest discussion with ourselves. Why does he troll? What could he honestly want from us? Attention? Doesn't he have family or friends? Does he feel isolated from them? Is he depressed? Does his obdurate nature transgress social moors on a level that makes him intractable? And does his intractability make it so he believes that there's a fat chance in hell that any of the things that he says are believable with such zealous behavior? This individual deserves both our ignorance and our pity. That is the only way.

I am more focused on fine art and graphic design.

Anyway good luck with badly playing the guitar you are not a real appreciator of music.

You are ignorant an ignorant rock fan boy that parots his opinions.

Music I like

>Classical
>Jazz
>Electronic (Partcularly kraft werk and devo)
>Rock 'n roll
>Blue grass
>Rockabilly
>Hip rop
>Rock

My musical taste is more diverse and greater than yours.

You are not edgy... get over it.