Animal Collective

>Animal Collective

Just listened to them for the first time, and holy shit are they terrible. This is beyond Normie level music right here. You guys don't really like them, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

listen to spirit theyre gone spirit theyve vanished and come back

I like them

>He didn't open up his, open up his, open up his throat

Did you listen to MPP? That's far from their best, and it's their most accessible. It's still good though, and you shouldn't cast such harsh criticism after only one listen.

What type of music do you like? I'll rec you an AnCo album based on it

I like metal

What kind of metal?

>MATT

modern day pet sounds you fucking retard

>comparing a masterpiece with a modern piece of shit

ADOBE SLABS

BROSPORT IS THE JAM OF A LIFETIME

its more like
>comparing a piece of shit with a piece of shit

You won't like them on your first listen. I used to hate them and I kept coming back to MPP and I eventually loved it.

Not OP here, but I also just listened to this album because I found the Sup Forumscore mega link in the sharethread. It was okay overall.
I love Summertime Clothes, I think that one is going on my mp3 player.

MPP is really good. But it makes sense that you don't like it if you listen to metal.

I don't even really like AnCo but you gotta acknowledge the fact that their sound had to grow on you

They're 2goofy4me but I dig some of their jams

op is fag

Name a psychadelic album from this century that is better than MPP
>inb4 meme impala

what about in the flowers though? how can you not love IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR THE NIGHT

oh god

OP here.

I like the Beach Boys. Not even memeing, I was told I would like MPP since Pet Sounds is my favorite album, but this is just inferior in every conceivable way. I've tried listening to Strawberry Jam but it's somehow even worse

I'd say meme impala's currents album is on par with MPP but not better

Not one of them, but I liked this album

When I bought this album I wasn't doing any drugs and still when I closed my eyes and listened to Bluish I didn't even have to look at the name of the song to know that the song was blue. That's how amazing this album is.

What a fuckin' loser

You understand that this means you literally cannot criticize any other genre of music, right? Nice trips though I guess.

not OP, but thats legit the only part of the album I really like. and it HITS.

the rest sounds like goofballs goofballin'

Keep seeing this album cover I think I'm going to give it a listen soon.

you listen to prog dont you

I do not listen to prog.

>animeme collective
See what I did there?

You should, especially if the cover interests you

MPP is better than Pet Sounds
there I said it

no I did not, please explain what you did there

do it, it creates such a pretty atmosphere

this album prob wouldnt exist without mpp, id say its pretty damn good though. there really hasnt been that much great psych stuff this decade imo.
I guess thats one of the reasons i like their music, goofy/whimsical. Not painting with though lol.

listen to feels, its their best album IMO, hopefully that will change your mind about AnCo, MPP is their Pop and accessible album.
Whoever told you that you should listen to MPP because you like Pet Sounds is an idiot because its an acquired taste album

Wow you are insufferable

>pretty atmosphere
understatement.

you have to be 18 to use this board

This made me feel like I'm in an elevator during Christmas while also on a lazy river in a cave.

did any of you guys see them in atl, sure are a good live band

What is this?

Candy Claws - Ceres and Calypso in the Deep Time

and a lot of anco's other stuff

i will not memesplain to you...

Fucking wew lad

Ok I agree with that

>This is beyond Normie level music right here
What exactly did he mean by this?

>all this shitposting

But still I want to know what kind of metal he likes. I'll rec him an anco album based on it.

Do you like Deafheaven or Dopesmoker?

He meant that it's music that normies would like. I thought the same until the moment I had to play music for normies came, and I used MPP as my designated normalfag safety album, and they hated it. They thought it was weird

>shitposting in a shitpost thread
nene

morgan delt
ecstatic vision
papir
monomyth
unknown mortal orchestra
tia carrera
colour haze

just off the tip of my head.

Please listen to their other stuff, their catologue varies so much

Thanks

I'm really into prog and that was the part where I knew that I liked Animal Collective so I see what you mean.

Yeah they're pretty terrible with pretty terrible vocals covered by nonsense. Some of the music isn't bad.

Your head has a tip?

>terrible vocals
how? Is MPP all you've listened to?

trips for tips

Are you putting music and vocals in their own categories?

If you have to say that about a whole album is it really worth the trouble?

Yes. Because the vocals are barely musical or show any level of mastery at all.

Have to say what? The vocals aren't bad at all, I don't know why you think they are.

Either way, AnCo's discography is incredibly varied and MPP isn't even close to their best.

what qualities indicate that something is musical?

and since you say OR mastery, what are they supposed to be mastering if not, you know, musicianship?

Well every instrument requires quite a bit of work and the voice is probably the hardest to master for many. I just don't like the excessive layering to cover up the pitchiness. It's laziness passed off as style.

Again, you should listen to a different AnCo album. Avey and Panda are good vocalists. Listen to Sung Tongs, Campfire Songs, or Strawberry Jam or something. If you want real proof of Panda's vocal abilities listen to Young Prayer

alright fine i'll give them another chance. i try to keep an open mind sometimes but im mostly a big asshole

I recommend Campfire Songs. It's secrety AnCo's best album

jam of a lifetime

That's true

Did you hear this?

even though you're meming still kill yourself

I'm afraid to listen to this.
AnCo is my favorite band.

Get off the board you fucking faggot don't you have homework to do ?

suuuuuure are fampai
youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E

you're a fucking retard and if i saw you irl i would beat you up

the first 7 minutes of campfire has been fucking nonsense. noises and primitive shit. pet sounds is beyond superior. this fucking shit hasnt even changed chords yet, let alone key

That's what that album is my man.

Well try and keep an open mind about psychedelic music. You described the music as 'nonsense', I'm curious, have you done psychedelic drugs before? Anyway try to think of the sounds in a visual way.

i love shrooms but I even then the same chord would feel like an eternity. I can't stand it.

Did I see you in another thread?

well i thought it was pretty meh at first but then after like my fifth listen i realized how amazing it was and now i literally can't stop thinking about it

>yfw they released an album called Painting Width to cater to plebs complete with accompanying iOS app

Not even memeing? Are you kidding me? Who the fuck doesn't love Brian Wilson on Sup Forums?

Are you that fucking out of touch?

Well duh. Of course you'd think that if you only listened to that shitty MPP album. Go listen to everything they did before Strawberry Jam instead.

Check out their earlier albums too. They are actually better imo.

I hated them at first too. Took me a couple of months before they clicked for me. Also, try listening to another album by them, their albums are very different from eachother.

>all these plebfags who can't into AnCo
Your loss anyway. This album is 11/10. I had my best listening ever with this album
>tfw you will never listen to Also Frightened for the first time ever again
Worse than >tfw no gf imo

I immediately fell in love with MPP. First AnCo song I ever heard though was Chores and honestly I thought they were garbage. But they have become my favorite band of all time.

>unknown mortal orchestra
haha no. the others are fair choices though. but umo is derivative bleck, typical p4k-core indie.
>tfw you will never listen to Also Frightened for the first time ever again
I feel this feel

Coincidentally listening to this right now - it's fucking great.

Meant to reply to this post

Congratulations

meme collective is life

Shhh... mine too... just... don't... don't listen to it... except FloriDada... that's the only good song on there...

lol

There's a bunch of good tracks on there ya dingus
Hell, The Burglars is Brothersport-tier