Religious people of the Sup Forums

I have a question, what do you think the afterlife is like in your personal opinions?

pic-unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

dwarf.tech/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future#Future_of_the_Earth.2C_the_Solar_System_and_the_Universe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would like to think its some happy miracle land where you can do w/e you want, but im pretty sure after you die thats it.
Kinda depressing desu

bumpo

You are going to live forever in every possible way imaginable. Both existence and possibilities are eternal and infinite.

It's exactly the same as before you were born. I sometimes have a feeling that there's some sort of supernatural force, but the idea of an afterlive is completely absurd.

I don't believe in an actual afterlife in the religious sense.

There might be transformation and some kind of continued existence, but I find it more likely that you either start right over, because time might not actually work the way we perceive it, we might all be long dead, or maybe we run the same thing again in a slightly different configuration, kinda like in parallel universes.

I also find the idea of quantum immortality fascinating.

It could be eternal paradise/hell/void, reincarnation, or your soul just vanishes and you don't exist anymore.

Nonexistant.
t. Tipper

God sits on a throne guarded by 4 seraphim. At his right hand is Jesus and at his left is the Holy Spirit. Bellow his throne are 8 echelons of angles constantly shouting "GLORY GLORY TO GOD ON THE HIGHEST".

Beatific vision, the boundless joy that comes from seeing with full clarity the endless glory and beauty of God. This is perfect happiness; a more exquisite and ecstatic joy does not exist. It is the end of all desires and searching. The soul is utterly satisfied, made happy with the same happiness with which God is happy.

>Bellow his throne are 8 echelons of angles constantly shouting "GLORY GLORY TO GOD ON THE HIGHEST".
Skimming over how an angle can shout, even if they can that sounds exhausting and boring as fuck to just shout for eternity. Immortals would wish they were dead m8.

You're forced to be happy about it.

OP, do you play Dwarf Fortress ?

it may interest you to add to this observation the knowledge that according to orthodoxy everyone goes to the same place

>I COMMAND YOU TO BE HAPPY!
I'm not sure it works that way.

As in all sects of Christianity, all of the big 3 Jew branches, or literally everyone ever?

>Inb4 Nieztche Eternal Return
Where's it from ? What's the name of this theory/study field ?

yeah nah, this is now a dwarf fortress thread

go here: dwarf.tech/

translate stuff

>every possible way imaginable

Explain further.

Pretty sure everybody full stop. The idea is something like: you go be in the presence of god, and gods love is also the fires of hell to those who have forsaken god, because its eternity of fully knowing and understanding a perfect parent and knowing you disappointed them. Hell is eternal self punishment through a consuming shame, because god of course forgives all, but you cant forgive yourself.

Something like that

That doesn't sound right. It makes God sound a bit gullible.

Trippy as fuck read.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future#Future_of_the_Earth.2C_the_Solar_System_and_the_Universe

>explain
>the time required for a quantum-tunnelled and quantum fluctuation-generated Big Bang to produce a new universe identical to our own, assuming that every new universe contained at least the same number of subatomic particles and obeyed laws of physics within the range predicted by string theory.

So, not only can this universe exist again in the exact same way it is right now, but it also can exist in every possible subatomic combination, no matter how tiny or big this subatomic combination is.

Dunno, I'm just a cunt with internet connection who used to watch a lot of space documentaries.

>a bit gullible
i dont follow

Saw your image and my afterlife will be merging into Dwarf Fortress.

For God to think that people are just going to feel guilty when they could be enoying heaven. I just think people might pay him/her/it/whatever a bit of lip service.

Its not like you are going to just stroll around playing video games. You are returning to basically the real deal, you get cosmic enlightenment and shit, the barriers that separate you from the rest of everything go away, time and space lose meaning, theres only the eternal god, his love, your awareness that you dont deserve it and the knowledge that you didnt do the one thing he wanted you to. And that isnt going to be fleeting thoughts in your head, there wont be walls or houses or bodies to hide behind, those understandings will be the fabric of your existance. You're gonna feel guilty because you are going to know you are guilty, you wont have worldly justifications to hide behind or uncertainties and probabilities to temper your self image. Only piercing clarity and the only truth.

Okay that makes more sense, however:
>you wont have worldly justifications to hide behind
But you kind of would, though. If a god or gods wanted people to acknowledge their existence then they should make it known. Not let people believe or not believe, but just take away any doubt and be done with it. If they're going to leave knowledge of their existence as such a dubious situation that it causes millenia of unending debate then tough shit for them. They should have done better.

Something akin to Enter The Void 2bh. Then return to where you were before you were born.

>either start right over, because time might not actually work the way we perceive it, we might all be long dead, or maybe we run the same thing again in a slightly different configuration
I'm agnostic but secretly inclined to think this way.

Nice movie