>you will NEVER EVER see them live

What's their name, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0d7SL8zf-9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every band because I live in the middle of nowhere

Already saw them live ;);):):):):);););););)

U know the name and ur thread Is shit

NMH just toured like fucking everywhere

the mountain goats

Led Zeppelin on their first US tour when no one knew who they were

just contribute to the fucking thread you overly hostile keyboard warriors

If you didn't see NMH live during the two fucking years they basically traveled the globe playing nonstop one last time you need to graduate high school

I saw them in Columbus and it was goddamn life changing

I miss him so much.

:(

here I feel your pain

desu I haven't gotten super into Jason's discography but I feel obligated to bc my family is from the same shitty area of Ohio he is, where do I start?

Speaking of musicians we'll never see live

i live in the middle of nowhere and yeah was in school during the time they did tour. glad you saw them live though that's not really what the thread is about.

Saw NMH two years ago, feel sorry for people who missed it, legit one of the best shows I've seen

Fortunately I got to see Jeff twice solo, in 2012 and 2014, and NMH once in 2015.

Great story though, my friend bought a ticket to see their last last last show in Petaluma, CA, where he and I are from. That's where I saw Jeff in 2014, it was either the last show of that tour or at least late in the tour and he said that it was his favorite of that stretch of shows.

So my friend buys the ticket right. He's planning on going alone because I dropped the ball and missed the opportunity to get a ticket.

The night of the show I text my friend about the show, and he told me that he FORGOT about the show, was out of town, and had no ride to get to Petaluma (still in high school at the time, no car).

My friend missed the LAST NMH show ever and he had a ticket. Terrible.

>tfw got to see Jeff Mangum live twice
Never got to see the full band play, though

Snowing

I'd start with Magnolia Electric Company or Didn't It Rain. From there I'd listen to Autumn Bird Songs, Ghost Tropic, and Axxess and Ace. That should give you a taste of his range. After that, listen to whatever you want.

I was born in a town a few hours from him, my Grandpa taught him in history.

They played at a 21+ venue exactly one week before my 21st birthday. Pretty bummed out.

I had two tickets for me and my friend but we live across the country and couldn't get a ride there. Hardest tickets we've ever had to give up. I fucking lost it when I saw that they closed with Engine, which is my favorite NMH song.

Sorry to hear that. That's a little different.

Saw them 3 times and Jeff solo twice ;)

Saw them live at in Vermont on the Tuttlingen Warriors tour and it was fucking killer. He was great onstage, and after the show I talked with him for like 5 minutes about King Diamond. I probably still have an embarrassing ass photo of 16 year old me with John's head on my shoulder throwing up the horns

Man I feel like I'm the only person who did NOT enjoy seeing NMH live. I saw them in Pittsburgh and it was just so underwhelming, not even considering I had the worst seat in the house.

Jeff solo, however, was such an experience. So much more energy just by himself.

>David Bowie

never ever

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Missed them when they came too Sydney earlier this year and I don't think they're ever coming back :(

My Bloody Valentine

i know it takes them 500 years between doing anything but let's be honest here. they're never touring again

>just fucking stop being an award winning producer Congleton

Coil
Prince
DMBQ with China drumming
Green Milk From the Planet Orange

>DMBQ with China drumming
elaborating on this one, they are a japanese psych rock band known for really wild live shows. the legends I heard about this drummer were ridiculous. dismantling the drum set, flinging the drums into the crowd, crowdsurfing and continuing to play the drums while the crowd held them and her aloft. shit like that.

anyway i was finally going to get to see them play in NYC, but she was literally killed in a fatal car wreck while the band was driving en route to the very show.

fuck.

I actually had tickets to see them play their reunion show on Melloboat, and flew to Europe to do it, and wound up missing the boat through a series of logistical mishaps.

The tickets were like $1000 usd apiece

the cure because sydney tickets are already sold out

;_;

Yeah Engine was the encore when I saw them

this didn't happen

which part seems implausible to you?

Talking Heads
"We only go on tour when we feel like we have a message to say." -David Byrne (paraphrased)
And apparently they didn't have anything to say after Speaking In Tongues, go figure. Not to mention that the rest hated Byrne.

Sean?

Sorry about that sean :(

The Knife

Never get to see mahler conduct. He was supposed to be an amazing conductor fro. What I've read and heard from members of the new York Philharmonic

I seriously doubt they're coming back to Australia. It wasn't mentioned on the announced tour dates. I almost saw Gira solo but he cancelled because of that fucking scandal.

To All My Friends

F-fugazi. Will they ever reunite?

nick drake

alice in chains with layne staley

cobain and co.

pink floyd on their animals tour

death grips
because i dont want to they suck

aha, the blues riff stealers strike again!

agreed...

The original line up all together...

>nick drake
>playing live

how is his singing live? the videos of him back in the 90s sound great but he doesn't seem to have it anymore

Rachel's

he still played a gig here and there even in his couple years before death

i mean, the kid never toured or anything but small shows still count

he stopped touring in the early 2000s anyway didn't he?

KYUSS

Kyuss Lives is disappointing.

I saw their last concert last year. Felt good, man.

Classic lineup of Pink Floyd

The Doors when Morrison was still kicking it

Fishmans

I want to hear "Long Season" live by the original singer.

sublime w/o rome

;_;

Genesis from 1970 - 1982

kevin still owes us an EP that was supposed to come out like 3 years ago.

desu I can see them going on tour this year or next, but who knows when/if we'll get new music.

only a handful of old dudes from way back heard of them at that point. its a very unlikely story

Ramones.
They broke up the year I was born.

this
living here sucks

The Norwich gig I booked for got cancelled, and I don't think it's realistic to think I could get to any of the gigs on the upcoming tour. Gutted doesn't even begin to cover it.

>"you will NEVER EVER see them live"

Its not just dead people

Huh, I live in Norfolk too.
Don't listen to Swans though.

They seem to kind of reverb up his voice, but i've heard his voice sounds great in person. I missed it though.

>TFW they're planning to come down to the land of steers and queers

Bowie

saw them 2014 not really hyped but after that gig I wish I could see them again once now Is one of my favorites band ever

At least Congleton has a new solo album out.

never user
it's okay I feel it too

uhhhhhhh :(

They're already coming back to the UK after less than a year, it's certainly possible

Hopefully never.
Look what happened to Black Flag, Refused and ATDI.
You could still see The Evens live though

/thread

All of them, it's too weird to go to concerts alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=0d7SL8zf-9Q

>tfw you will never see jim morrison call you a fucking slave and whip out his dick live on stage
Jdimsa

Oh shit, just found out they're playing in my city in August. I missed them last February.

I actually turned down a few free opportunities to see them in the last couple years. Part of my decision came from knowing that their crowds are some of the most fucking obnoxious on the planet, and shit I've been to a Primus concert. I DO NOT want to stand around listening to the fucking crowd shout every lyric to every song. That's the lamest fucking shit. I want to hear THE BAND. On top of all that, when I started looking into their web presence I realized that Jeff is a huge pretentious faggot that just tries to be weird to be weird, and the whole anal "no photos at shows plz" thing is fucking gay.

yep

i drove like 7 hours to see radiohead though because i was scared they would break up before i saw them

I saw them twice when they were in Adelaide. In fucking Adelaide. I still can't believe it.

That being said, they deliberately have no stage presence. They walk on in the dark, play their set in the dark, walk off in the dark.

I was the first in line outside the venue when I saw them, and then when I got in and had bought a shirt, I made a bee line to where I knew Jeff would be. It was amazing. So maybe your placement was the reason you had an underwhelming experience.

The Beastie Boys are my favourite band of all time, but I'll never see them because MCA died.

I guess my teenage self would say My Chemical Romance too, though to be honest I can't see them not ever doing a reunion tour.

>I DO NOT want to stand around listening to the fucking crowd shout every lyric to every song

Why do you still go to shows then?

me too :(

cLOUDDEAD

this.

saw them in Barcelona like 5 years ago. Loved the album but the show was not good.

who else here was at the nmh prospect park show in 2014?

that was honestly the best gig I ever went to, I was right up front