What does this mean? I'm trying to install Arch Linux on a Thinkpad i1200

What does this mean? I'm trying to install Arch Linux on a Thinkpad i1200

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=ETCDisolinux: Disk error BB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're the retard that wanted us to identify your Acer ThinkPad a couple days ago, aren't you?

It means install Solus

>Thinkpad i1200
Thinkfags status: TOLD

Yup

Well then stop being a retard and install a 32 bit distro (read: not Arch) on your 32 bit Acer.

Make another bootdisk with Rufus, it's obviously a problem with isolinux, Rufus handles that for you

I'm using the i686 version of Arch

that's the etsy daemon

you have to buy new hipster shit on etsy

It's giving me this now

You made the bootable disk incorrectly - Try using the .iso with Refus and a flash disk.

Rufus won't work, I'm using bootable CD because the bios on this won't support usb boot, I even tried plop with a usb floppy and usb boot freezes

That thing doesn't even support booting from USB.
Your optical drive is probably fucked.
Try forcing USB 1.1 on Plop

Have you tried alternative distros to make sure the disc-drive isn't failing? What did you use to burn the disc?

I tried forcing 1.1 in plop and still froze, I have tried lubuntu and same problem

OP you need asshole-dd operaion, rufus bloat/malware from NSA

I'll test the disk drive in XP to see if that's the problem

why tho just install debian and call it a day

Because this has a Celeron 750mhz

My bad

It means disk error. Change USB flash to other
>10.13
is it more stable on non-apple hardware?

You proved nothing you fruit

Op here again, the wait was so long because XP is painfully slow. So XP can read this movie I put in, just don't have the playback Codec. But drive works

I do also get this on boot, I have to get a new battery I know but will this cause any error other than time?

Not disk drive, disc drive.

My bad

The only time I failed to load a OS disc was on a failing drive or by making the disc using the wrong settings on ImgBurn; Luckily they updated the software to auto-configure the project based upon the contents of the .iso

Redownload the iso and try using dd to make the disk
dd bs=4M if=wherevertheisois of=/dev/sr0 status=progress && sync

I'm using a CD to boot not a DVD, is that a problem? I'm just trying every possible reasons this won't work

Oh and use a fresh cd

>trashpad

Found the problem

It means you're fucking stupid

lmgtfy.com/?q=ETCDisolinux: Disk error BB

>playing dvds with windows media player

install a different media player

more like soylinux

You should use dc3dd instead.

The fuck do you want to do with this piece of shit?

boot from network

>What does this mean?

well from my point of view it seems you have way too much free time and also a snob-ish technological tendency so you install obscure, difficult distros on obscure, difficult hardware and when it (obviously) goes wrong you decide to break the rules of the board and make a tech support thread because you're an ignorant, disrespectful piece of shit millenial with no common sense

is that accurate enough OP?

sage btw