Operatic Rock???

are there any more bands out there that sound like pre-Hot Space Queen (youtube.com/watch?v=cYQm1Fn5VD0) or Church of Rock 'n' Roll-era Foxy Shazam (youtube.com/watch?v=Rq3hyX99nbg)?

It's hard to find a singular song from each band that encapsulates what I'm talking about but I just love that like, theatrical balls-to-the-wall glam rock that combines hard driving guitar with elaborately overdubbed glass-shatteringly high guitar and vocal harmonies.

Sweet (youtube.com/watch?v=TcQDi6u28VQ) is another really good band kinda like that? but leaning a lot less toward theatrical and more toward rock. almost like Queen if it was fronted by Brian May. but idk

it's kind of an oddly specific genre but given how popular Queen was I'm surprised it's not easier to find more bands that ripped them off well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlE0Mvih9sI
youtube.com/watch?v=u1uC7hjWD3g
youtube.com/watch?v=p1Y-rfbzmgY
youtube.com/watch?v=g-voeq7Cebo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cardiacs

I think you're right OP. I was 13 at the time Night at the Opera was released and I can't think of a single band that emulated the Operatic style of Queen since then. Sadly this is the only thing i could think of that was even close.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlE0Mvih9sI

Sparks
They a few good songs. Both bands kept influencing other down the line imo

Reddit - /r/music

The band are pretty big Queen fans if I'm not wrong

youre like what Montie would be like if he discovered avant-prog for the first week

cardiacs is one of my favorite bands and while they do incorporate a lotta intricate harmonies i never saw them as... like, as much of a centerpiece?? idk why. to me they were more about wacky new wave synths and energetically sporadic tempo changes

this is... surprisingly good?? especially as someone who isn't that big on modern pop or any of the music by contestants of american idol. i can kinda see why queen wanted to collab with him now

I should look into them. I did try listening to them before but they didn't really catch my attention. then again that happens with most music that eventually becomes my favorite. musical taste is like a virus to me

cardiacs' harmonies as a centerpiece of the band i mean. not the band itself

Try listening to
ELO?

yep...it works in this thread too .

>this is... surprisingly good?? especially as someone who isn't that big on modern pop or any of the music by contestants of american idol. i can kinda see why queen wanted to collab with him now

I didn't say it was bad. Just that it was all I could think of that meets your criteria.

I should do that too when I get on my computer

i just mean its surprising to me as someone who isnt that big on modern pop and has never really been interested in adam lambert

good post

Awww.... if you really wanted my attention all you needed to do was just ask.

Here, have a (You)

Have you ever thought to stop tripping because nobody ever replies to you other than to tell you to fuck off
Can't you take a hint if even Sal thinks that you are obnoxious

can we not derail the thread with all this shit i just want to talk about gay rock music in peace

the other user was right, sparks all the way.

You do realize that telling him to fuck off is actually giving him attention, right?

How hard is it to just ignore the retards?

Eh, pretty weak bait, you played yourself the moment you mentioned Sal so.

Klaus Nomi? He tried way too hard to be kitschy but he might be a nice listen
He even died from AIDS too what more do you want

neither of these posts are about gay rock music

If you didn't realize they're doing this to bait me. They have no intention to actually get me to fuck off.

idk something like Dream Theater

This

Something about gooks on the internet ties my brain in to 4 knots I can't help it

nah it's not bait nobody likes you

btw racebaiting is easily the worst bait you could use
it's practically screaming "LOOK AT ME I'M TRYING TO BAIT YOU"
It needs to be more subtle my man

Boring, I've heard this bait a million times now.

you're literally just a montie
Nobody likes gooks btw they're one step away from hapas

not bait. you suck and you're annoying.

I said more subtle not more obvious

Do you just not know how to read or are you intentionally being stupid.

g a y r o c k m u s i c

other user here, you're fucking annoying. you came into a thread to shitpost and draw attention to yourself, then complain about the attention you're getting. you're not spending your time well.

You dumbfucks are literally hopeless.

He's trying too hard, you're just not trying at all.

>you came into a thread to shitpost and draw attention to yourself
Only one of those things is correct and it's the former.
Otherwise poor attempt to get me to respond seriously

These anons are right. If you have never given Electric Light Orchestra a listen then I think you will find them very enjoyable. Not quite Queen. But great non the less.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1uC7hjWD3g

I do really like ELO, they give me a fuzzy feeling inside. Maybe because of how much I associate them with Gainax and Daicon IV

But like you said, they're not quite Queen. It's so odd to me that even after all these years there seem to have never been any bands that have even tried to sound remotely like Queen, especially considering it was such a popular band. Well, except Foxy Shazam in a lotta respects

sorry..this is more in line with your interest

youtube.com/watch?v=p1Y-rfbzmgY

>not getting baited
>replying to every single bait post in the thread

jesus fuck my ass christ.

Nothing wrong with giving people a few (You)s. It's always nice to be generous

if this isn't a fucking 10/10 look inside a tripfags mind I don't know what is

>everyone needs internet attention
>especially me! look at my name!

literally nobody in this thread gives a fuck about you replying to them. lmao. jesus. bye.

>>especially me! look at my name!
I don't have a name tho...

Whatever here's your (You). Have a nice day!

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
youtube.com/watch?v=g-voeq7Cebo

Not a big fan, but have you tried Muse?

Also check out 70s Genesis