Could you consider this "krautfolk"?

Could you consider this "krautfolk"?

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kraut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, indie-rock.

>Simplifying it to such a blanket term

>simplifying indie-rock

If I wanted to do that I would have just called it rock which also works.

yeah buddy, a meaningless term like krautfolk would be more fitting

Y'know what else is indie rock? Vampire Weekend, Interpol, and that kind of shit. Neither of those bands sound anything alike and I wouldn't recommend The Microphones to fans of either of those bands.

No. "Kraut" has no tangible sound and was just a term British music journalists used to describe experimental bands from Germany from a very specific time period. Bands like Faust, Neu, Can, Kraftwerk, only have geography and time period in common and not much else.

Just because a band sounds like Faust or Can doesn't make them Kraut.

I'm was simply meaning that it sounds reminiscent of a krautrock album, but played with an indie folk instrumentation.

Okay, thanks for the info. That makes sense.

It can't be part of a genre where the ethnicity of the artist is the defining trait.
It's called Krautrock because they're Krauts and for no other reason.

You clueless piece of shit.
Fucking Sup Forums doesn't know anything about music.

Spotted the youngin! Calm down chap. It's just a thread on Sup Forums!

at some point it just starts bothering me.
Sup Forums doesn't know anything about anything.
It's particularly bad when it comes to dance music.

You are also hella wrong asshole. I love how you just make statements with no research. Now watch you try to prove your stupid self.

What is even remotely krautrock/folk about this?

I always called it "abstract folk". Mount Eerie more so than The Glow and It Was Hot, I guess back then I was always told it's lo-fi folk. Not that it matters a lot.

He was asking a question. He didn't claim to know anything. Children jump the gun and assume.

You can't see how this is folk in any way?

krautfolk you dip

The more times I read it, the less sense you question makes.

You must have a low IQ then

Let me start here: have you listened to The Glow or are you questioning for sport?

I've never had one of these Internet bouts! How exciting! Have at it then!

Your mother was a cock!

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kraut
honestly people do a tiny bit of research, trying to call something "kraut-anything" when it's not from germany is fucking retarded

I have listened to the glow. I am not hearing this "krautfolk" you're speaking of. What is so hard to understand about this?

Yes, she was.

Op here, not the other guy

Its large focus on creating an atmospheric soundscape rather than conventionally structured songs is very krautrock-esque, imo. It seems like, as the listener, you're just flowing in and out of these short lo-fi folky interludes, but the main focus is the ambience, rather than the ambient moments serving as the interludes. That's just my take on it.

It's Psychedelic Folk

Vampire Weekend is Indie Pop, Interpol is post-punk revival.

Beta indie

No, but this is

>Psychedelic folk
Doesn't sound like Sung Tongs to me.
Would disagree/10

Psychedelic as a sub-genre is characterised by being abstract and experimental, since The Glow Pt.2 is heavily acoustic, yet also experimental and abstract with both lyrics, production and song-writing, calling it Psychedelic Folk is a pretty good way to put it.

>Psychedelic
>abstract and experimental
Well meme'd. Would you like me to list off all the bands that are neither?