Firefox Starts Testing ‘Sponsored Stories’ In Browser Tabs

>Firefox Starts Testing ‘Sponsored Stories’ In Browser Tabs
ubergizmo.com/2018/01/firefox-starts-testing-sponsored-stories-in-browser-tabs/
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/29/firefox_to_show_occasional_sponsored_story_in_ads_test/

And then people say Brave is the real jew...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dooble
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_(web_browser)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetSurf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surf_(web_browser)
techcrunch.com/2017/11/14/mozilla-terminates-its-deal-with-yahoo-and-makes-google-the-default-in-firefox-again/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/09/06/mozilla-washington-post-reinventing-online-comments/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com)
phys.org/news/2017-08-mozilla-fact-checker-fake-news.html
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
rawstory.com/2017/08/mozilla-and-fact-checker-engine-join-fight-on-fake-news/
rt.com/usa/407898-soros-google-fact-check-news-results/
pressgazette.co.uk/pierre-omidyar-and-george-soros-foundations-give-500000-to-uk-fact-checking-organisation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ESR 52 doesn't have this problem or any of the other problems firefox 57+ has

freetards btfo
you can't escape the advertising jew anywhere you go

Use icecat or firefox ESR 52. All this crap with george soros only applys to modern firefox.

What the fuck Gorge Soros do with Mozilla ads, other than being a jew?

>blocks your path
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dooble
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_(web_browser)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetSurf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surf_(web_browser)
GNU Icecat has many security flaws that were patched in january but the gnu team didn't implement it yet

>ESR 52
Thanks for that user. However, using it breaks my scripts thanks to those other sites hiromoot added. My ublock scripts are all updated, what what am I missing?

>The sponsored story ads will be displayed via Pocket for Firefox, an in-browser tool that helps users save websites that they might want to revisit later.

tfw this and all the other crap doesn't apply to me because I know how to do basic things like edit about:config

I use 4chanx, but before that I heard that putting
Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode, /\/\*[0-9a-f]{40}\*\//) into "my filters" on ublock origin. I don't need it anymore because ccd0 is a pretty cool dude and his 4chanx fixes the CSS for you.

holy fuck haven to resort to old outdated software to escape it, just admit firefox sold out

ESR will be bumped to Firefox 60 sometime this summer. So for now you can keep holding out, and then you're gonna have to abandon ship, or continue using a vulnerable outdated browser, or accept the changes

>pocket
There are people that actually use that?

ESR isn't outdated, it still gets security patches and older XUL addons still work for it without having to use a fork

>having to rely on the kindness of the developers hearts to not become prey to advertisements

until this summer. Enjoy your last few months of legacy software

I'm using Sup Forums x as well, version 1.14.0.3. I'll go check if there's a newer one out, thanks user

>My ublock scripts are all updated, what what am I missing?
To be safe edit this in the host files and install nano blocker

0.0.0.0 n0-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n1-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n2-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n3-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 n4-r98d2.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 kz1d.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz1c.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz6d.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz6c.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz9c.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 kz9d.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n0-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n3-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n6-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 n7-r99d2.piguiqproxy.com
0.0.0.0 xk1n.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk6n.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk9n.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk9o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk1o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk2o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk3o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 xk6o.amgload.net
0.0.0.0 zx6s.smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 zx1s.smcheck.org
0.0.0.0 amgload.net

he needs the money that he wasted on useless marches and other shady shit

Money makes the world go round. I don't like it either but it's reality.

just get pale moon or qupzilla then

Then I'll jump to qutebrowser. Until then, I can live.

Nothing it's just Sup Forums being retarded as usual

i wonder who is behind this post

Google and Microsoft doesn't need to resort to whoring out their browser to stay afloat.
A single-product company like Mozilla was born to die.

Probably a Sup Forums user (since we're on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums)

You forgot to post your epic merchant.jpg

Mozilla is to blame. They spend the entire year travelling the world sponsoring diversity and multicultural events full of elite liberals, socialites, etc
I imagine they pay like 120k a year for some retard woman to write a blog but don't give more than 1k to someone who could fix a high level security bug

Calm your tits. Its for the beta version.

adding that filter to my scripts worked, but what's odd is my version of Sup Forums x is higher than ccd0's, i'm pretty sure i got my latest Sup Forums x from him. oh well, thanks user.
what's nano blocker have over ublock origin? or noscript? it just looks like a JS version of adblock plus

>tfw I couldn't care less about politics but I get a good chuckle out of Sup Forumstards getting their panties in a twist over stuff like this
I laugh the same about redditors getting all serious about stupid shit. Two sides of the same coin

>beta version only
>not disabling pocket

>Two sides of the same coin
>I am a radical centrist
Someone in this thread seems desperate to name Sup Forums just because he saw a pic of soros and got upset

its the mozilla shills, the same people that screams Sup Forums when they see mozilla and soros together, fucking always

can we talk about the technological aspect and have the people talking about political bullshit go back to whatever site hired them? fuck off
just because it's in the beta now doesn't mean it won't make it into the mainline later

is it fair to say these pajeets receive money from the mozilla foundation?
2 or 3 months ago firefox promoted a tvshow (I think it's from hollywood) but they said ''dude it was just a prank sorry''... however I wanted to know how much they received for that

Just because its in the beta version only and can easily be disabled doesnt mean it will be in all versions and cant be disabled later. Fuck off.

no reason to get snarky, my 'fuck off' wasn't directed towards those people talking about the tech. It's true it'll probably be able to be disabled, but i definitley think it'll make it into mainline. why would it not?

Mozilla stopped receiving google's cash in 2014-2015
Then they got a deal with yahoo (like 370 million bucks). In late 2017 Mozilla went back to google
>Historically, search engine royalties have been the main revenue driver for Mozilla. Back in 2014, the last year of the Google deal, that agreement brought in $323 million of the foundation’s $330 million in total revenue. Neither Google nor Mozilla discussed the financial details of this new deal, though once Mozilla releases its annual financial statement, we’ll get a better idea of what that looks like.
techcrunch.com/2017/11/14/mozilla-terminates-its-deal-with-yahoo-and-makes-google-the-default-in-firefox-again/
There is no technological aspect it's simply google botnet

Don't worry they'll remove the option to disable it soon enough.
They already broke the ability of using a custom newtab page to the point where you're either using about:newtab or you have to manually select the location bar and erase it before typing in a new url
The WE API intentionally blocks newtab add-ons from selecting the location bar or blanking it. And the real funny part is that they jerk the dev around for 4 months before just deciding it's not an issue worth fixing 2 days ago

when you give money to mozilla like pic related you are actually paying pajeets to shill on online communities, they know that places like 4cheng actually makes memes viral, their shill teams just try to stop that, fuck them

Dont you use about:config and monitor your network user?

>can we talk about the technological aspect and have the people talking about political bullshit go back to whatever site hired them? fuck off
I mean... you just entered a thread with Soros as the OP image. What did you expect? There aren't that many Sup Forums users on this board, and they always create echo chambers for themselves like this thread. (Notice how there will be 3 or 4 posts in a row all agreeing and circle jerking each other)

The mods won't do anything about this off topic post, so if you want tech talk (threads that are actually appropriate for the technology board) then 99% of the other threads are viable.

What I really want to know is how much gorhill is getting paid to develop exclusively unlock features for Mozilla and shilling quantum like it's his life mission

This thread was definitely started by the brave shill

I haven't touched mozilla since year 1996.

it's long dead and pajeet project.

>90% of Sup Forums threads have anime
>he is super hysterical over a soros pic
>mozilla may be receiving funding from soros to develop their trust fund initiative
>but let's get hysterical over a soros pic
if you didn't want to create a political discussion you wouldn't pretend to be offended just to get (you)

Do you get paid to defend Soros online or just do it for fun?

>(Notice how there will be 3 or 4 posts in a row all agreeing and circle jerking each other)
Yes, that's happened in this thread, people are literally burning books and calling for the murder of liberals
Literally nazis!

>mfw all 3 Sup Forums users in the thread take the bait and immediately reveal themselves

>thread created with a political image
then maybe the thread should be deleted and/or shitposted into offtopic discussion eg: the tech behind it. fuck pol, fuck leftypol, fuck all these stupid fucking politic pushing faggots who come onto every fucking board in every fucking thread and push their goddamn bullshit no one cares about beyond telling them to fuck off. i hate this political climate, i hate how divisive it makes everyone. fuck off you political shitpushing apologist.

i've already disabled the relevant feature so this won't affect me, but it doesn't seem unreasonable if you read mozilla's rationale for the experiment. i mean i'm not about to stop blocking ads but i get where they're coming from at least. i guess i shouldn't be surprised to see this level of idiocy in a thread from a Sup Forums escapee though.

>develop exclusively unlock features for Mozilla
why would he not use the APIs in firefox if they improve uBlock? are you suggesting he should exclusively target the lowest common denominator of feature sets? should he only use APIs edge provides? or IE 11?

>Microsoft doesn't need to resort to whoring out their browser to stay afloat.
Yeah, there are totally no ads in windows 10
right

Hello mozilla shill team, do you not have basic dignity to work for a corrupt organizations even on a image board? how much is the pay for derail?

>that one persistent /leftypol/ reject shitposting on Sup Forums

you still mad /tech/ rangebanned your ass for shitposting outside /leftypol/?

but Microsoft literally has ads in their OS that actively campaign the user to switch to Edge...

>he's still responding and making shit up so he can feel like he's "won" this interaction
Just let the ego go user. Take this L and go home

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/09/06/mozilla-washington-post-reinventing-online-comments/

I think they do it for free. Every single firefox thread here they pretend to be under attack first to give the impression the entire thread is full of nazis. Later they start to derail the discussion into something else

>a company shilling their own products is the same thing as a company being a paid shill for someone else, who may or may not be tracking and selling your private information

>won't affect me
You are aware they revert changes with every new update?

Ok thats engouth.. Changing broswer.

>Pale Moon
No, never. That whole project is constantly getting worse.

The fuck are you talking about? This has never happened to me in the 6 years I've used it.

So you either not paying attention or you're a retard

so why did none of my changes revert from FF 57 -> 58 -> 59? or at any time (other than me choosing to reset them) over the course of using Firefox for around a decade? i'm not really sure what you mean.

What didnt you understand? After 6 years of updating my settings have never reverted like you claim.

maybe post evidence or stop making bullshit unsubstantiated claims.

>Mozilla wants to test new ads
>the test will end in a week and when they see people closed the ads immediately (as they do with annoying pop-up windows) they won't include this feature inside the browser

Hello mozilla derail team, do you have some basic dignity?

anyone have the gif of the asian female saying fuuuuuuuuuck?

I only see shills who scream "muhh Sup Forums" ITT

How exactly is Brave a jew?

What does that picture of a powerful lich have to do with firefox?

if i can still disable it i dont care

mozilla may be cringy sjws but they still allow me to have a great compromise between speed and customization

search in the archive (archive.rebeccablacktech.com) ''brave jew''

>everyone I don't like is a shill
Sup Forumstards are such simpletons...

>quantum beta
>speed
user quantum will be a stable release in 2021/2022. Your best option is to get the waterfox 56 if you want speed and customization

your bait is too obvious fuck off mozilla shill

Because they dont allow good adblockers so they can serve their own ads

>good adblockers
the day they add ublock origin is the day it will become Sup Forums's default browser. The problem is that they need ads

i tried waterfox, though. it's slower and for some reason uses far too much CPU.

it's a meme fork as far as i can tell, with its only interesting features being the backwards compatibility and the cool logo

Different user but quantum is faster than waterfox for me.

>pocket stories in the new tab page
Disabling that was the first thing I did after updating, they were annoying enough already.

>The sponsored story ads will be displayed via Pocket

People use pocket?

>le shill maymay
You sure showed me...

in my 2014 i3 it's slower than pale moon. I use iridium and qupzilla 90% of the time anyway

>fuck off thing i don't like
>no YOU fuck off thing i don't like
>NO YOU fuck off thing i dont' like
great discussion. just stop replying to each other

when is about mozilla and/or soros, the shills always scream Sup Forums to derail the thread, always happens

and replying to them just feeds them, just report and ignore.

For reals though, does Soros have anything to do with Mozilla?

Yes. It's actually quite good for saving articles and news for later. You can read them while taking a dump or waiting for the bus.
>but Firefox has an in-built option to send links to your phone and the in-built feature to sync your bookmarks across devices anyways
Yes. Pocket is kinda redundant in that regard.

>Yes. It's actually quite good for saving articles and news for later.
It's a piece of shit throwing a load on an already shitty buggy browser with enough memory leak and shitty coding problems.
Use RSSOwl or something with offline content capture. Browser-based syndication is pure cancer in comparison to standalone syndication software.

Not really. Sup Forumstards have been claiming that because there was a misunderstanding last year.
Soros announced that he would invest in some sort of anti-fake news tech, and the same day Mozilla announced a project to study fake news and how they spread.
Sup Forumstards, being the retards they are, immediately jumped to the conclusion they were the same thing and that Mozilla was going to ZENZOR their FREEZE PEACHES, which is, ironically enough, fake news by itself.

phys.org/news/2017-08-mozilla-fact-checker-fake-news.html
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

There is a huge fear that the fact-engine tool used by mozilla was the engine funded by soros
rawstory.com/2017/08/mozilla-and-fact-checker-engine-join-fight-on-fake-news/
rt.com/usa/407898-soros-google-fact-check-news-results/
pressgazette.co.uk/pierre-omidyar-and-george-soros-foundations-give-500000-to-uk-fact-checking-organisation/

Mozilla has already said in their blog that WSJ is a truthful source so I think mozilla went too

samefag

Pocket is not RSS though. It's just a tool to save websites and sync it across devices. Just like bookmarks, except Pocket also has a "recommended stories" tab.

Mozilla's been pozzed for a long time.

>The "Mozilla Information Trust Initiative" comes as an automated real-time fact-checking engine developed by the Full Fact foundation was demonstrated in London.

Try ask this on /r/firefox. All my attempts have been censored
I said "Is this truth? who is behind the mozilla fact-check tool?"

They're not the same thing, though. If you read Mozilla's blog post, you'll quickly realize Mozilla's initiative is nothing but a campaign against fake news.
Mozilla itself has denied these claims also.
>WSJ is le faek noos
Don't be ridiculous here. Read the blog post.

>There is a huge fear
If you need a Soros backed media source to tell you before you know this in your heart, then you're beyond hope. The man has devoted his life and his fortune to subverting western civilization and his primary tactic is finding organizations made of useful idiots and writing them checks. There's no way a chunk of those billions of dollars he let go isn't trickling in to Mozilla through whatever laundering scheme he cooked up.

i don't think it's about money. they have enough money for anything since they are in control. isn't that why Sup Forums dislike them?