That entry level junior programmer job requires 5 years of experience?

>That entry level junior programmer job requires 5 years of experience?
>Just apply anyway!
>The job requirements are optio-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0T9bgO2Utx4?t=1m9s
triplebyte.com/
warosu.org/g/image/HEdyqBSeXCjuq4AuxMLDOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't mean you can lie in your CV.

>sending a bill for being shitty at interviewing
lmao I'd send them to small claims

If you wasted their time in an egregious manner, i.e. lied about literally everything, then I could see how that might anger them.

That said, if this went public with the companies name, I doubt they would do this....

There is no legal precedent for "wasting someones time". Any competent judge would throw that out.

>Position: Rebekah

Must be fake.
You can't just bill someone for anything.

If this isn't fake, that company would get sued hard.

>Rebekah

Never work for or under white and asian women.

>VCAT
VCAT would simply throw this out.

That's what you get for applying for a job offered by a company owned by some cunt called Rebekah in Melbourne, I suppose.

Just post this with the companies name on twitter = instant shitstorm

You can actually, you just can't force them to pay it.

Unless you signed a contract before the interview that said you'd be liable for these costs then you don't owe jack shit.

They're trying to enforce a contract that you never agreed to. You were never given prior written notice of the terms and conditions of the interview.

If they try to take you to court they'll only serve to anger the judge. And you'll be within your legal right to sue them for wasting your time.

>"head developer" only makes 80k USD

into the trash you go

>Sue someone for wasting your time after they sue you for wasting their time

old bait

>interview bill
>2017
I swear I've seen the same picture some years ago, probably fake

80k AUD, which is even funnier.

Except that one is attempting to sue for a voluntary interaction between two parties, i.e. a job interview.

A countersuit is perfectly legal. If you're sued then you HAVE to show up in court and their are real costs associated with doing so (lost wages from taking a day off work, legal fees, court fees, and even childcare expenses from having to pay a babysitter so you deal with an autist in court).

Perhaps you live in the Sudan where rights are a joke but in the western world you cannot waste another person's time by taking them to court (compulsory). A voluntary interaction is a completely different story.

You're a complete retard.

Knowing how full of themselves a lot of self-employed people are I wouldn't be too surprised if this actually wasn't actually fake. It's hilarious how much these people think of themselves when most of their success is just based on paying people to do thing.

>Hourly rate column doesn't line up
This upsets me greatly

I was not criticizing your post. Please stop being so defensive, and please stop using reddit spacing. All I was doing is signalling my lack of understanding in terms of the legal system.

>job application site has a section where you choose gender + ethnicity for "statistical purposes"
>instant rejection every time
>always get at least a phone call on applications that don't have such a section

hmm.....

Lol, I applied to companies whose language I didn't even speak. I got replies from Russians and Swedes that they'd pay my relocation bill and 90k starting for a mid-level engineer. I don't know what kind of idiot lies about his experience, but doesn't take a weekend out to learn about what he's interviewing for. That's what I do.
>Erlang
>not easier than python

A simple calculation based on a typical 40 work week gives a figure of 8.8k a week and about 110k a year.

Not exactly silicon valley money, but then again if you do live in the valley you actually have to pay people pretty absurd wages just so that they can afford the living expenses.

>Proper spacing into multiple columns
>"leddit spacing"

Again with this meme where using actual columns like a civilized person is "leddit spacing"? Do yourself a favor and go out more because you really do need to spend way too much time on Sup Forums to think proper use of paragraphs is "leddit spacing".

>It took 6 hours and three people to determine someone lied on the CV to the point that they were not able to do the most basic task.

???

110k pretax in Australia pretty much gets you to 80k aftertax

>Reddit spacing.
They're called paragraphs.

>lack of understanding
I didn't mean to come off as defensive. It angers me that most people don't understand the basics of western civilization. I deal with a lot of idiots. Apologies, friend. Have a lovely day.

>6 hours
lol

>letter literally says "senior developer position"
I mean it's an old repost and fake as fuck, but at least try.

Posting a picture with some meme arrows "signals a lack of understanding in terms of the legal system"

You're fucking retarded.

Yes and wages, both monthly and yearly, tend to be listed pre-tax.

>80k aftertax
and you have to shell out $400 a week to live in melbourne.

Columns? What

Seemed like you were correcting the person you were replying to.

im interviewing for a position at 115k a year and the state im in has no income tax. I find out Monday if they want to go forward with an on site interview or not.

This is Jewish first name (though not only Jews use it).

>Pay us for wasting our time with you
Aussies are really the best shitposters.

it's ok user I appreciated your post, it was a fitting reaction image

This is a scam obviously.

Send them a counter bill for double the price.

its a pretty simple test, people who pay are viewed as aknowledging coworkers merits and time, in which a full refund would have been recived as well as with a full job oportunity

canidates who got this far, and failed to pay the test, were rejected for being too selfish and independent

youtu.be/0T9bgO2Utx4?t=1m9s

Something about this doesn't seem legit. Looks too much like a fake Word doc. I would expect at the very least a letterhead along with a separate invoice instead of a crappy looking table. Too unprofessional to be real.

>Reddit spacing
ayyy

triplebyte.com/

>triplebyte.com/
jesus christ this asks for a shit ton of information before you even begin

Thanks

Autism Intensified kek

That's because it's for hiring purposes.

If that letter were real it'd legally be extortion which is a crime.

just came here to post this but you got here first. fuck you senpai

Quota hiring is statistical purposes ;^)

I don't think that sending a bill and then saying you'll go to the government for redress if it isn't paid is extortion, otherwise every invoice for anything is implied extortion. Is there something in particular about it that makes you think it would be extortion?

Joke's on you, he's black.

Wow.

If that were actually the intent then it's badly thought out.
It reflects really, really badly on the company.

Put down black and see if your outcome changes. If they call you on it at an interview, either ask if they're discriminating against you on race, or state that your maternal great grandmother was black making you part black, and that you identify as such.

Someone explain what is this shit?
Why are they asking money for taking interview because they didn't select the candidate?

WTF is this?Is this even remotely fucking legal.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Don't live in burgerland, but... isn't that illegal?

>VCAT
>burgerland

>getting billed for being underqualified for a job

lol wut? This can't be real.

No. Extortion would be if they sent some sketchy mobster to your house to rough you up if they didn't receive payment.

Billing you is not extortion, even if they don't have legal grounds to bill you. Anyone with any shred of sense would chuck this bill in the trash. If you aren't very bright and actually pay it you may have grounds to build a case for fraud but I'm not a lawyer so I'm not entirely certain about that.

I do hereby declare this case dismissed, ya rusty old cunt. It's immediately obvious to me that it is not the defendant's fault that your employees failed to fill the allotted time once you became aware that the defendant was incapable of holding the position. Court rules in favor of the defendant and orders that the fat slag must pay the wages of everyone involved in this trial for the 5 hour window it was alloted.

Since when have HR drones ever been competent?

Two departments every single company should cut are HR and marketing. A bunch of useless cunts if ever there were any. They only exist to waste time and money.

I don't know if this site is any good, but I like the spirit of it.

So they are a small enough company to cite the owners on the interview process.

Yet they are using Erlang, that's an odd choice for a small company, Erlang is great if you need to scale to massive levels, not for even medium size workloads, as the development process is slow. And they also use Flask, something most companies use for prototyping or small, low load work. Are they using Erlang to balance Flask services?

There is something really wrong with this company, they seem like the kind of idiots that would do things like sending that silly letter.

The idea, which may have merit, is that the applicatant is submitting a fraudulent application which has caused the company to waste their money and time on interviewing you for your falsified application.

Note, it can be illegal to lie on your resume, you can stretch the truth and use vague terms (I'm experienced in writing C programs could just mean you once wrote a program in C) but outright lying can get you in deep shit depending on what and where you lied.

The company probably would never actually give a shit to charge you or follow up if you refused to pay, but likewise you're unlikely to win a countersue or defend yourself if taken to court

$100 for getting two hours of head is a pretty good deal

There is no circumstance where it is illegal to lie on your resume. Even gross lies and total falsehoods would not be criminally punishable in most cases. There is one exception I can see and that's if HR completely fails to notice how underqualified you were and hire you anyway and your actions on the job ended up getting someone hurt or killed. Then I imagine you would be held criminally accountable as well as some HR managers and the company might be on the hook for some very large fines and potential lawsuits.

If HR does do their job properly and realizes you lied the worst that'll happen is you will pretty much never be able to get with that company ever and you might be blacklisted too if you believe in that sort of thing.

Well it's actually only illegal if you're lying about your education part, may include certificates. But just sounds scarier if I don't go into details.

You actually can, you just have to wave a gun in their face or hire someone to harass them until they pay you to make it stop.

Even if true, blackmail is still illegal.

Nice try, Rebekah.

>head of HR makes the same

You realize this is a shit shop?

I could send you a bill for wasting my time. It doesn't mean you'd have to pay it.

Sounds like a black lady to me.

This desu senpai.

Clearly. And a laughable one at that. Was the "company" you were interviewing for a real business even? Do they have any services or products you know exist?

>cut HR
Definitely. Full of incompetent angry cunts on a power trip.

>cut marketing
You fuckin' what nigger? There's no way to have a successful business nowadays without marketing. It's stupid but that's how it is.

T. no idea what he is talking about
Flask is a non-opinionated web framework that was used by instagram for years.

Erlang is a odd choice, but there are few applications that are exclusively Erlang. Generally the language is used for hosting an important language with other languages doing the processing as services.

Also consider that what's app(??) was built originally in erlang

>for hosting an important language
*an important piece of infrastructure

I've seen this exact image about a month ago.

Is this some sort of joke? If it isn't get them to court ASAP.

>the head of Diversity and Inclusion department makes higher than them both summed up

>"relationship manager" makes even more
Modern companies are so fucked.

rebekah is a kike name

So many bullshit jobs.
>people operations manager
>marketing development representative
>marketing manager
>relationship manager
>diversity comrade
Jesus christ.

that's super illegal

throwing that letter in the trash would be the polite thing to do.

>84 posts in an older-than-the-highway pasta thread
warosu.org/g/image/HEdyqBSeXCjuq4AuxMLDOw

>There is no legal precedent for "wasting someones time". Any competent judge would throw that out.

Unless you are in some shit hole country, they have no case whatsoever.

>Job sends you invoice for wasting their time
>You send them invoice for your time, that is 2x larger

I'm set to graduate without an internship I'm completely fucked aren't I. Won't even be able to get a junior position

>graduating without internship
You might as well kill yourself now. You've wasted your life, give up.

that's how you repel competent programmers not just scum.

Fuck man I would love it if some faggot sent me this. VCAT huh. I live in Vic might start passing my days with phoney applications

nah, you can always get an internship after graduation. just don't ask for money and some kike will work your back to death. but hey? at least it will look good on your CV

>400 a week
What kind of shit box are you living in?