When did you grow out of Radiohead?

When did you grow out of Radiohead?

I find myself growing in and out of bands. I listened to a lot of Radiohead when I was first getting into music, and now I find myself hyped for their next album despite not having listened to them much since the release of TKOL.

I never did, they are my favorite band

Came to post this

I always come back to this band. One of my friends introduced me to HTTT when it was released, then I found OKC and Kid A and was spellbound. They were the band that pushed me deeper into music.

I was all in during IR's release, and it was one of the most satisfying release experiences of my lifetime so far. TKOL was good, but I've kinda grown away from the band in the last few years.

I don't know if they're my favorite band, but they're definitely the band that has been most important to my development as a music listener. I'll always respect them for that.

I'm hyped for the new album, Daydreaming is great.

When Sup Forums told me I had to because one user said so.

Apparently not yet since I'm listening to them right now

I grew out of their Bends/OKC phase if that's what you'd call it.

Never listened to them.

You can grow out of many bands but I don't think you can grow out of Radiohead. I have long periods of not listening to their music, but then I somehow come back to it and discover something new and great. No matter how much you try to find similar music, there just isn't anything out there like Radiohead.

Yeah, 90's Radiohead lost its appeal to me as well.

coldplay tho
>radiohead fans will deny this

Gr8 b8 m8. The d8 is May8. LP9 in 5 hours, don't be l8.

>itt people who were fans to begin with
how does it feel to be an oaf?

some time in the last few years

for me it became incredibly apparent that their ideas just aren't very well fleshed out. they treat their music as if it holds some incredible weight that it really doesn't.

When OK Computer and Kid A were only a couple of years old, around the time I was 8, my dad introduced me to Radiohead and said "Son, this is the music that will define your generation." I was obsessed with the band up until In Rainbows came out, and then quickly grew out of them. I overplayed the shit out of those three albums and now can't listen to them because none of the sounds are new or interesting. This happened with most of Frank Zappa's famous albums, Talking Heads, and The Velvet Underground.

Was never a huge fan to begin with. I liked OK Computer when I was 15. I pretty much can't stand it now. The Bends always sounded like garbage to me. I like In Rainbows and maybe a few select tracks from Kid A and Hail To The Thief. I'm still excited about LP9 though.

This is exactly my experience except my brother introduced me to them with HTTT

I grew out of them at age 17, but I still occasionally listen to stuff like Amnesiac, which I think is their magnum opus

I never grew into them. Radio-head are for teenage girls

The only iPod/phone I've had with Radiohead on it was my mini. So I guess around 12 or 13

Interesting. I could never get into Amnesiac, except for Knives Out.