Build a computer now if you need it. A new coin that requires running virtual machines will become popular very soon...

Build a computer now if you need it. A new coin that requires running virtual machines will become popular very soon. That means no cpus, motherboards, and definitely no ram.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/11/29/federal-reserve-starting-to-think-about-its-own-digital-currency-dudley-says.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-Plus-2-E-H3-Quad-Core-1-6GHZ-2GB-RAM-4K-Open-source-development/1553371_32665196281.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God fucking damnit

but GPUs are still way over priced

RLC ? SONM ? atleast say the name of the coin

what3

Insider info here, don't spread it yet ok?
There's a new coin being made called real life, it has such a complex hash it's physically impossible to mine it on a computer, prices of humans will skyrocket though, you guys better start buying people soon.

The most profitable currencies to mine are called Euros, United States Dollars and Pound Sterling. The hardware will vary a lot, some guys managed to get some really good specialized hardware who are very profitable but the majority are on what's called minimum wage which is what you should expect your humans to mine for you, it's not as profitable as humans who can do CEO of fortune 500 human hardware but if you get enough humans you can sure turn it into profit even with the minimum wage human hardware

Skycoin

wtf, this just a cluster of orange pi, not even an ASIC

That's right. It doesn't require specialized hardware. X86, ARM, you name it.

>source
>op ass

Please wait till ryzen apus are out
Thanks

I'm not even a miner but honestly I want this to happen just so I can see how assblasted people get.

There's already no DDR4 ram so you're fucked if you're building anything these days.

A centralized shitcoin

Getting my Pi cluster started on this.
Universe@Home has no work for it currently anyway.

Thats a horrible design

hey its that one guy who lives to shit all over people who think pi's are servers (good)
but with no sense of naming convention for vm's (meh)

but everyone can agree trying to brag about pi's is pointless

>naming things after products rather than pointless acronyms is wrong
stay retarded user

and as i said that design is retarded and a waste of switch ports and no uplinks

#1 there're new coins everyday, nobody cares
#2 there's no such thing as an algorithm that "requires a virtual machine", custom mining software remove any kind of restriction like that built into the wallet miner (which could also be easily bypassed)

And there already exist very profitable CPU-only coins.

Cryptocurrency markets should be banned.
Then it doesnt fucking matter.

>6 PCIe slots
What mobo is that?

literally anything?

i made my coin farm out of google home minis

I paid a guy $50 to load nicehash miners onto Samsung smart fridges at the factory.

How does it make sense to use a bunch of ARM based garbo do anything? Why not just use one modern desktop CPU?

Stop shilling it jesus

God this is laughable, pic related is the miner they're selling for 1btc. They're so shitty they cant even use twisted pair ethernet cabling.

What's even that hashrate for that hunk of junk?

3kh/s?

>custom mining software remove any kind of restriction like that built into the wallet miner (which could also be easily bypassed)
So you build it into the blockchain instead.

Why are cryptocurrencies so retarded?
Almost every technology trends towards more efficient solutions, yet cryptos always move backwards.

>Use inherently inefficient algorithms
>ASICs are bad! They're too good!
>GPUs are bad! Let's use CPUs!
And I've even talk heard of HDD based cryptos.

We have BurstCoin already (mechanical hard drive based coin)

RAMDiskCoin when

Maybe if you look up the coin you'll know. Everybody automatically assumes proof for work even for coins like burst.

How long until we get a crypto that can only run on UNIVAC?

I swear it's a race to the least inefficient solution with these piles of shit.

HDD based crypto already exists.
It has for years.
Spacemint and Burstcoin.
I've mined plenty of burst.

>bixnood.net

Soon we will get sweatshops in Thailand and Indonesia where child slaves solve bitcoin with pen and paper

So how long until the Federal Reserve announces their US Dollar blockchain and Bitcoin finally crashes and burns?

And after that we can use bacterial plasmid mutations.

cnbc.com/2017/11/29/federal-reserve-starting-to-think-about-its-own-digital-currency-dudley-says.html

No this reeks of trash. There is nothing 8 dinky ARM boards can do that a single desktop based system can't, even if you needed 8 instances of software running it can just be virtualized on better hardware. Every forum for skycoin is filled with people preaching this like it's the second coming of christ without a whole lot to actually back it up.

Your retarded they use a 6 pi as a back up. It about your band with the cluster is for rollback in case one falls, it is for decentralized internet.

>Every forum for *coin is filled with people preaching this like it's the second coming of christ without a whole lot to actually back it up.
Crypocurrencies in general.

>And there already exist very profitable CPU-only coins.

Could anyone kindly name some? I can't find any that even my i9 7900x can make more than $1/day with

well the price is just going to rise then i managed to grab rx 480 100$ Cheaper then their current price last year

what coin?

retarded post

You got scammed. I make $1.50 a day with monero on my 1700.

>mining thread?
>story time
Unlike most of those who browse here now I was around many years ago when bitcoin was in its infancy. Back then we mocked it as buttcoin. At the time I lived alone in an upstairs apartment in arizona where I would run my computers mining and not run the AC, to my surprise one day I turned on the AC and the shit didn't work because I was so used to sweating my balls off. Anyway I digress. At the time I mined with some cheap asrock boards, amd chips, and amd gpus and sold it off. I made a few hundred dollars above my initial investment which was fine for the time. About two years later it came out to $1200 a coin or something around there. It's always a pipe dream. When I sold my coins they were $30 a piece. Do I regret it? No not at all because shit changed a lot between then and there. I always entered the crypto game by being in then out, not as a long term investor. It was a bad call on my part and may be overall but that's just how I play the game. I've been around the gambling sector my whole life and I'm not impressed by hedging your bets beyond reasonable expectations. Sorry for the text Sup Forums. Picture related. In the early days I posted this and someone asked if I was a drawfag and I never replied, no I didn't draw the picture.

For fucks sack.
I was struggling with the fucking UI after installing it on one of my OrangePIs and realized that they hard coded 127.0.0.1 into one of the javascript files, so it was trying to sent requests to the localhost instead of the fucking machine running the webserver.

nice blog, you fucking faggot, nobody cares

I don't count monero since it's more effectively mined with a gpu lol

is that user that sent me 14 bitcoins on his birthday years ago still around? i spent half of it on a laptop keyboard and had the rest exchanged to paypal :^)

Sorry I'm drunk mate. I love talking computers and my girlfriend is asleep and not being needy so I have some time to myself. This is how shit is.

>More blog posting

No one fucking cares "that your girlfriend is asleep"

Wut.

Wait... you mean my hoard of 100 hard disk drives could be doing something? :D

>tfw no gf

Those are these
aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-Plus-2-E-H3-Quad-Core-1-6GHZ-2GB-RAM-4K-Open-source-development/1553371_32665196281.html

I read it, I cared about it enough to spend my time on it. How jaded and miserable do you genuinely have to be as a person to see a story and think, "I'm too (insert adjective here) to connect with my fellow kin, I'd rather waste the same length of time insulting them instead".

Goodness gracious friend you need some some therapy or to at least to get out of that basement once in a while and learn how to interact with other humans.

Good luck on that self improvement journey though, I'm sure you're adult enough to realise the error of your ways and adjust accordingly.

>reddit spacing
every time

While it seems that BTC at least might have started with some actual usefulness in mind, a vast majority of the other coins seem to have popped up as means to make a profit, with no practical, useful purpose in mind.

Brilliant argument with the non-transparent Constanza friend. That immediate assumption I come from Reddit in place of any sort of rebuttal with actual content or meaning was excellently written too. I especially appreciate the excessive amount of thought you put into your argument there.

Cheers my man, you've really made my day better with that informative and creative response.

:^)

>reddit spacing

Give him his coins back, you thief.

Wouldn't those things still be valuable for running the virtual machine?

Yes.
Virtual machines are a lot more time consuming to set up and manage though.

If I'm getting this right, the thing about Skycoin is that you can't mine it.
Instead there is a fixed supply and you get it (organically) by running the wallet. If another user uses Skywire to move data across the network then he pays Skycoin and if your node is used in that transfer then you gain some Skycoin.
So processing power has nothing to do with it at all. You could put 100 VMs on to each of those machines and all the graphics cards would be doing is wasting power.

Ur a cunt m8

>reacting
Children, settle down

please elaborate. i want to watch you flail around and try to invent a fantasy world where this statement makes sense.

>And I've even talk heard of HDD based cryptos.
prove it

I did something similair but I got in when silk road would take bitcoin. I put in enough money to get my annual gram of meth. Ended up pulling out with a tidy profit just to be safe. I think it was hitting 50ish bucks then. I kinda regret it but my annual meth binge is fucking dope so I don't care.

I should say I misspelled. I put in enough for several annual meth binges (at that time). then cashed out.l

how big is your dick mate?

Tell me one thing...

Should I do cluster or some one machine stuff?

>A new coin that requires running virtual machines will become popular very soon.
Oh no so I won't be able to buy xeons and server motherboards?

>Skycoin
How the fuck do you mine with your own hardware ?

He's right thought your hostnames are shit senpai

>buy a shield from nividia for 200 moneybucks
>8 dollars a month for a tesla p40 to stream vidya to me with latency lower than my monitors response time.
>also cheap hp laptop for productivity
>everyone else assmad they cant afford computer building anymore.
>mfw

>how block chain technology killed privacy by killing cash
Also it won't work in America. Did you see how hard the chip shit failed in this country? Replacing cash with a block chain would be a disaster 100x worse

I'm a brainlet so humor me. Why are none of those switches connected to each other?

>this autistic nigger has finally chased everyone out of the home server general and is now contaminating random threads

>meth binge

do you still have all of your teeth?

>annual meth binge
>ruining your teeth

that's just not how meff works brotherman

Those switches are on their own dedicated line due to how the coin works.

So how do the workloads get distributed and the results reported?

They accrue skyhours through the usage of others and trade it for coins.