I find buying laptops pretty stressful, the last 2 ASUS ones I've had were crap (major hardware failures)...

I find buying laptops pretty stressful, the last 2 ASUS ones I've had were crap (major hardware failures). Can Sup Forums recommend me some good machines?

I'm looking for:
- late gen. i7 processor
- 8gb RAM
- SSD preferable I think?
- Somewhat lightweight
- Good battery life
- Somewhat okay graphics card?

I would mostly use it for university work which can mean having an external monitor, multiple programs, heavy internet browsing and MS office all at once.

I only game very lightly (things like AOE2 online).

I really just want it to be quick, somewhat transportable and to last me a good number of years...

Please help

x61 thinkpad

fuck off, check the wiki, laptopscribes.com, or logical, or just kys.

Sup Forums is not your personal techsupport.

>being this mad about helping your fellow man

Get a Dell and pay for a good warranty if you're in the US. Good support, no hassle

You don't seem like an autist, so this is what I recommend. Works for my family and friends every time they bug me to help them shop for a computer, and they can waste Dell's time and not mine whenever they have an issue (and it gets resolved fast every time)

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

>pay for a good warranty if you're in the US. Good support, no hassle
I'm in Australia and fortunately we have good consumer law that protects customers. They still try and rip people off by selling "extended warranties" but generally you're covered by the consumer law anyway.

The only windows laptop I'd recommend is something from the surface line

touchscreen with 3:2 aspect ratio, good display, and most importantly the best touchpad outside of apple

IMO for a laptop these are the most important shit, the surface trackpad is like 90% as good as the shit apple makes.

Aren't those app/internet based with limit software options or something? I'm really not interested in any of that, or touchscreen for that matter.

nah all surface shit runs stock windows 10 pro

ux430un

Goto notebookreview and look at business class notebooks, then ASK for info from someone who maintains a fleet of that model. Individual users are lesser creatures than someone who has to maintain a hundred or more notebooks. If something is good, or bad, the pros know it.

Bump

>being this stupid

Go to some tech forum. Fuck off.

>being so autistic about your Mongolian anime board that you won't help people who ask kindly for your advice

Sup Forums is a fucking funposting website. I come here after a long hard days work to shitpost anime, not to help more faggots like you. Fuck off

Buy a Macbook pro with the touch bar and be done with it.

I get that they have a better build quality but the OS would drive me insane.

There are generals to contain this shit though, you idiot.
This doesn't belong here.

You don't understand man, buying a laptop is stressing me out hard. Its such a clusterfuck.

Ask Leddit.