Should i use an arduino to make night vision goggles? something like an arduino pro mini so that it's very portable...

should i use an arduino to make night vision goggles? something like an arduino pro mini so that it's very portable. also where can I find basic information on how to write the codes and whatever the fuck? I know absolutely nothing. thankk

Other urls found in this thread:

nootropicdesign.com/ve/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

please take into consideration i need to attach an IR camera + a monitor to it. also if theres another SoC worth it tell me thankess

>I know absolutely nothing
I would start by researching current methods of night vision, available equipment sizes, and enclosures. Not much point in making goggles that you can't wear

well I mean I've searched couple guides on google and youtube, so I know a bit what to get, but no real idea on how to put it together with a SoC and programming it basically. also no idea which SoC to get.

how about you just make a vibrator and shove it up your ass

Hmmm this doesn’t make any sense OP

I don't think you know what SoC means.
SoC means an entire computer on a single chip, like a raspberry pi.
It's different from a microcontroller or a IC.

>the codes
Leave.

yes raspberry pi or similar i guess
yes im autistic thank yuou

honestly whatever it takes so i can achieve what i want for very small $$

If you want to use an arduino, you'll need one of these.
Be warned though, the arduino barely has enough power to pull this off.
You'll be limited to 240x128 resolution on your HUD, and it can only draw white pixels.
Documentation is also quite scarce.

nootropicdesign.com/ve/

oh fuck. then what should i use? since i'm 100% sure i'll need more than 240x128. or should i just make a one-eyed monitor or some shit. like a 3.2" monitor from china which will show in real time the IR camera's footage.

practically useless without a photomultiplier and photocathode (basically camera sensors, but only GaAs sensors will really be high quality enough for decent night vision). arduino is also not good for signal processing video at all.

>yes im autistic thank yuou
no, you aren't autistic. You are a fucking moron.

>I know absolutely nothing
Dude lmao just slap some modules and write some delay() lol
you can do any project with an arduino no matter how retarded

duino aint strong enough to boost individual sensor sites and you ant smart enough to write the algo

look at it this way, nikon buys sony image sensors, nikon still outpaces sony in IQ in many ways. I mean sony is good but nikon can fucking rock the software and interface with those same sensors

you cant do that level of shit with a duino and your level of knowledge

Esp32

An Arduino pro mini has an 8-bit microcontroller running at 16MHz - totally unsuited to video processing.

I got something working using the 13 x 13 pixel sensor from an old optical mouse but that's about the limit with an ATmega328.

A Teensy might (barely) be able to do the job and can run Arduino libraries.

Was about to post that. The Cortex M0+ is significantly beefier.

Fortunately, thermographic imagers often have on board preprocessing. If you want to switch between that and visible, then that will require more and better processing. If you want merged color-thermo imaging in real time? Whew, that requires a LOT of expertise and processing power. Especially if binocular. I'd be looking at an fpga like the Zynq 7000 series at that point.

Your first big choice will be the Panasonic thermo imagery array or the FLIR Lepton. The Lepton fucking rocks and is a steal for what you get, but you sir need a lot of learning before you blow $200+ on a pair. I'd start with the Panasonic: shit resolution (better with interpolation) but cheap and dev board friendly. Learn that and you'll be ready for the FLIR.

Maybe start with near IR? You can easily modify a cheap smartphone camera to do NIR imaging. Get four: one pair for NIR and the other keep as color. I was just reading a paper about an easy and maker friendly technique for making a hybrid lowlight display. The color one you translate from RGB to YCbCr and then replace the Y channel with the B&W image stream from the NIR cameras, then reconvert back to RGB. That's not super processor-hungry but gives you color lowlight and with IR LED illumination, night vision too. Hyperspectral visualization is usually a beast so this is a cheap easy trick that gets you most of the way there.

As a first pass to learn the basics, it's not crazy. You have a lot of learning to do and if you're realistic about not having Hollywood or military grade goggles with COTS parts and a recipe online, you can get some cool shit done.

An arduino is not suitable for advanced graphics processing.

You'd be better off using a raspberry pi at least considering the overall IO of this project is minimal.

Raspberry PI
- IR sensor
- HDMI display

thats it. maybe a pwm for some IR cooling.

I'd direct him to a microcontroller because an mpu will lead to him installing a full blown OS on it with all that overhead.

his googles will be attached to a night vision car when he wears them