You guys are so full of shit with those ThinkPads, I feel bad for anyone falling for this

You guys are so full of shit with those ThinkPads, I feel bad for anyone falling for this.
As if was even possible to get one in a decent shape at the price you assholes list.

Other urls found in this thread:

allegro.pl/lenovo-t420-i5-nvidia-1600x900-ssd-hdd-gw-a-i7096843294.html
tori.fi/uusimaa/Lenovo_Thinkpad_X220_i7_2640M_128SSD_8GB___Telakka_44245317.htm?ca=18&w=3
ebay.com/itm/ThinkPad-X230-Intel-Core-i5-12-5-Webcam-8GB-RAM-320GB-HDD-Wifi-Windows-7-Pro/132412722597
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i paid 90 aud for my x230

And what is its condition?

mint cunt

Where from famalam?

i got my x220t in perfect condition with an i7/8gb ram for 300sgd, good luck finding anything close to this quality with a digitizer for less than 1000.

surplus from a small business which wrote off all there old shit for tax purpose

I paid £79 for a T400 on ebay. I don't see T400s get mentioned a lot, but I love mine. It's in great condition.

Lucky mate.
I spent 500 for a top spec 440P about 6 months ago, perhaps I overpayed but for 500 it's a great machine

Paid £100 for a T420 and its still truckin.
Has an SSD and I used it for several months while I was moving house and left my PC in storage

got a flawless x230 for 90€
no hdd though for some reason but I had a couple lying around anyway

Got a x230 for 120€.
Put in a new keyboard, 9 cell battery, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD and FHD display.
Cost me about 250€.

Its like new now, more than enough performance for me (worst thing i do is spin up 2 or 3 vms for testing), built like a tank and 8h battery life while browsing.

Perfect Laptop for

yeah i dont get why are people soo obsessed with em ... they are bloated af out of the box

I Think I overpaid my x220 last year, but it was in a good condition and keeps up very well,
if i get 3 years computing out of it for less then 400€ it is fine.

I use an 8 year old ideapad as my daily driver and I love it.

that's why you install linux

I got a x260 mint condition for €450 and T440p with very minor scuffs on the lid for €200. buying a thinkpad is all about patience as before I bought the T440p I waited about a month for the right deal to come and then was quite aggressive negotiating price.

cum covered second hand shit

Ebin

classic keyboard ? where buy new ?

Ebay or aliexpress

I bought it at lapstore, but they dont seem to have new 220 keyboards anymore, only refurb ones.
If you want to buy new you gotta go with the original *30 keyboard.

i search classic new
aliexpress trust ?

The only guy I saw with a ThinkPad™ was a bald, bearded nu-male with a grumpy look, not to mention how poor that shitty laptop makes you look, oh wait, you retards thought you looked like businessmen lmaooo

>nu-male
Oh shit man better buy a Macbook pro so I can look alpha as fuck and get all the girls

I paid $150 usd for my x220 with a brand new battery and in near perfect condition

Why are you so assblasted?

Erm... that might have been me, hehe.

x201 i7 2,2 GHz 8gb ram for 100$. Mint condition.

get out faggot useless you can't find thinkpad dont mad

>being this pleb

KEK

>using 12" screen
enjoy degrading eyesight

Bought mine used, tested, refurbished and with guarantee for 350 Euros and spent another 200 on a new battery and an SSD. I've been very happy with the performance and quality and I think I couldn't have done better.

You've got to be rich to afford a new one. But there's plenty of used ones in good condition around for reasonable prices.

Yea, i've been looking at thinkpads and almost every single one of them looks like shit. They're all scratched up and the keyboard looks like an oil slick.

>get one in a decent shape at the price you assholes list.

250 canadian bux for x230 tablet

The only cosmetic issue: one corner has a 3 mm x 3mm chipped off on the left side.

Why are you mad?

>250 canadicucks
>only cosmetic issue is that one corner has a hole

>x230
>i7, 8gb ram, 320gb hd
>windows 7
>some minor scuffs and shiny keys
>$200
I think i did pretty well. Really was just after something i can use for notetaking, web surfing, discord, and play movies from an external HD

did i do well, Sup Forums?

should have gotten the i5, no advantages to the i7, it just runs hotter and drains your battery.

this. I got an almost mint condition T420, 8gb ram, 240gb ssd, i5 2520M for $170 shipped. I love this motherfucker, one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Those look great. What do you think? $205
allegro.pl/lenovo-t420-i5-nvidia-1600x900-ssd-hdd-gw-a-i7096843294.html
+$26 for 4GB RAM more

Mint T440P with the 1080 panel for £240, bought a new battery, a quad core and swapped in a spare SSD. £400 for the lot. It's not as fantastic now thanks to Intel making quad cores the new mid range, but it's still a great machine.

wouldn't an i7 give better battery life, as the whole machine runs more efficiently?

what?

very good, I had a x220 same specs for 180$

I regretted my 1700$ XPS for a while after that

ANSWER PLEASE YO

My sister's boyfriend's puppy peed on my T420, I cleaned it with 91% Isopropyl alcohol to kill the scent (while still being careful) and let it sit overnight but now the keyboard doesn't work.
Is there any way to remedy this without paying for a new keyboard? I've already verified that every other component works, and it's fine with an external k/b, but this is kind of annoying.

jesus christ there is piss on and in your keyboard just pay the 20 bucks for a new one you disgusting animal

it's $40

Like, higher processors means a machine runs more efficently, and therefore battery life is extended. ...is this untrue?

>spend $240 roughly for x220 and upgrades a couple of years ago.
>still running like a champ, and still comfiest device i've used

Cant say the same for the x220t tho. I dunno what happened there, I thought it was gonna be my daily driver, but its my back up in case muh boi is otherwise indisposed.

Yeah, X220T is crap. It gives up size, battery life and durability (compared to X220) for the digitizer, but it's too big and heavy for the digitizer to be any useful.

>opting for an old but reliable and well priced machine
>not opting for a circa 2012 macook

you're the one who's higher here, you probably walk around shouting about how a car with a bigger engine is more economical then the same car with a smaller engine "because it has to work less"

that's not how things work, or an oil tanker with an empty hold would use a thimble of crude every 10.000 miles because the engine only has to run at 1% capacity

but it's still fucking huge

Fuck off. You're either lying or don't own an XPS I have a 9560 and not only is the build quality better the specs are way better.

If you actually ever opened up an XPS, or like, knew what you're on about, you wouldn't be saying that

You're making it worse m8

that first pic isn't t440p, it has physical trackpoint buttons. All the xx40 series had that unusable bullshit where trackpoint buttons got integrated into the trackpad.

I think Sup Forums only recommends the t440p because it has a socketed CPU, and technically you can replace the trackpad with the xx50 series one.

dats not wot ur mum sed m8

I got a """"""""used"""""""" thinkpad X200 for 80£ with shipment, dock and UK charger. Since then, I SUNK 30£ to buy a new battery. Nothing more. Runs like new, no issues. The keyboard will probably be replaced in a year or so, to preserve functionality, but other than that, NO ISSUE.

Sorry you can't win any auctions, cunt.

All the companies I worked for used Thinkpads.

I feel bad for anyone who own laptop with TN screen thinkpad or not.

nice analogies man, i was just gonna make fun of him

tori.fi/uusimaa/Lenovo_Thinkpad_X220_i7_2640M_128SSD_8GB___Telakka_44245317.htm?ca=18&w=3

Someone take this before I do.

I brought an used x220t and the case smelled like cigarette. Replaced the case, problem solved.

What's so great about these?

Cheap, durable, repairable, powerful enough.

My current thinkpad will last until 2025 and that's awesome. By 2025 it will have 32G RAM 2TB disk and since I could replace the battery, it will have 9h battery life.

Macbook 2025 won't even have a keyboard anymore, LMFAO

Much obliged, I aim to please

absolute garbage screens and trackpads though

i don't understand owning a thinkpad as your main pc, everything you look at will look like dogshit on it

Nope. Never go for i7 in a laptop. Unless you use it editing 4k videos or something.

You're just a pussy too scared to order off ebay or buy off craigslist

ThinkPads are useless. The good ones have outdated hardware, the new ones are either horrible build quanlity or have AWFUL screens and fans.

Get an HP Elitebook or Dell Latitude instead. You'll enjoy them much more. Especially being able to replace things like the CPU without having to first rip out the entire cooling system.

Got my x230 for £150. Came installed with a brand new keyboard and screen.

Wipes the floor with most new laptops.

got my t420s for like $120, I was surprised how little the trackpad was used, I could still feel all the original texture (it's all gone now after I used it)

gonna buy another one from the same guy next week

>Using trackpad
>On a thinkpad
You're doing it wrong. They might aswell remove the trackpad like in the X60.

Yea the screens on the older ones aren't that great. You can add a decent IPS panel to some of them. The other aspects of them are more important to me though. Laptops tend to experience more physical wear than desktops.

>thinkpad as your main pc
It's not my main PC. I use it when I'm not home and sometimes while in the bed. I got a proper desktop as my main PC.

>The good ones have outdated hardware
How much processing power can Sup Forums and anime require?

been using X230 as my main PC for work. never have major problem with it. now please give us better laptop that costs less than $200

>jesus christ there is piss on and in your keyboard just pay the 40 bucks for a new one you disgusting animal

paid 150$ for mine (i5, 8GB RAM and 128 SSD) I think I did pretty good considering its almost mint condition (TN pannel tho)

ThinkPads are a fucking meme.

No one in their right mind would use these pajeet boxes

Fuck that, get rid of the trackpad all together. The only time I used it was to make sure it was disabled. Sad that they don't make them without.

this is just a false flag/stealth blog thread for attention-starved /tpg/ faggots who think it's special that they paid under $100 for a corporate surplus dumpster dive

Even if you get them sighly over average they're still an unbeatable deal. I got an IPS i7 T440s for $300, for $300 I could only get shitbooks., I only had to plop a new SSD and RAM on it.

T410 - Free
T420 - Free
W530 - Free

Bruh, my company throws them into eWaste. They are literal garbage in the right places. I also have a broken T430, broken W530.
I can't even tell you how many earlier generations I've thrown back after stripping RAM and stuff.

that's a pretty sexy thinkpad
Sell it on ebay if you don't like it

Unless you just found the picture of le google and don't even own one lol

wtf I hate thinkpads now. guess I will being buying a chromebook this week.

I paid 163 dollars for a used x220 and got it in pristine condition, save for a nearly unnoticeable scratch on the bottom.

This was a couple years ago though, doubt the market quality has remained.

Sucks to suck, don't be so late to catch on next time

i feel bad for anyone too dumb to not know what costs/benefits and usage-cases are

like ............ did you think you were getting a brand-new laptop for $50?

still a better laptop than a new imac that will die in 3 months

I paid $137 for my X230 in near mint condition. (only signs of wear were the corners)
>i5-3320m
>8gb RAM
>shitty spinner but later put in an mSATA for boot drive
>unadvertised IPS panel (!!!)

The original listing: ebay.com/itm/ThinkPad-X230-Intel-Core-i5-12-5-Webcam-8GB-RAM-320GB-HDD-Wifi-Windows-7-Pro/132412722597

>i have that lamp
do all poor people have that lamp?

My W530 will probably be the last Windows machine I buy.

>lush, high gamut 1080p display
>W520 chassis
>ThinkLight
>15" laptop without retarded left-shifted keyboard like P51 (which would otherwise be great)
>quad core i7 CPUs up to a 3940-XM which is overclockable
>4 RAM slots, up to 32GB supported

all of them are socketed but the x and carbon/yoga series.

fixed, make sure to save this so you can talk anons out of making the mistake of buying a t440p

i paid $38 murica bucks for the one as pictured... granted w/out a battery and ac adapter, but i have a few of those laying around the house.

heheh another sucker tricked. I love shilling garbage and making you fags waste your money. When AMD FX series was released I was right there pushing that crap, you should've seen how many fags were complaining about their CPUs even to this day because of it. I was also shilling the Moto G which is just a terrible phone but Sup Forums seemed to run with it because it had the letter G in the name. Any time you see a popular meme-like fanaticism about some product here it's probably because I had a hand in pushing it and it's certainly garbage.

Bought an X201 for $120. Best little laptop I've ever had.

So what you're saying is the t51p has the most Apple like trackpad?