Elos Musk SpaceX Tesla

What do you think about Elon putting a Tesla into Mars-Orbit?
To me it proves that elon musk is all about business and not about science.
I mean couldnt they have put a satellite with numerous research instruments instead?
I know it was a test launch and that, with such a high risk of faliure you dont want to put a billion dollar satellite on top.
But still I'm very sure there would have been alot of universities, very happy to collaborate and put a mid-level satellite on there. I mean even a fucking camera would have been more useful than that stupid car.
I feel like this is just another one of thos stupid marketing stunts done by elon, to get media attention, and gather more investors.
In my opinion, this prooves again that he is just a good businessman, selling fairy tails. still everyone is sucking his dick....

The car has cameras . Where do you think the video feed came from?

You're retarded.

That was a test flight. The chance of it exploding and destroying the payload was far too high to put a satellite or anything useful in it. When NASA did test flights, they would use blocks of concrete as test payloads.

>even a fucking camera would have been more useful than that stupid car
There were cameras on the car

It's really evident that you're just riding the Musk hate-train and looking for reasons to dislike him.

>I mean couldnt they have put a satellite with numerous research instruments instead?
Theres tens of thousands of "research satellites" in orbit right now that tons of businesses use all the time. That wouldn't be new or impressive at all. The purpose of the car was to use it as a payload test for their Falcon rocket. Furthermore it was a ploy and idea to get people excited about. It sounds unique and peculiar to launch a fucking car into space because no one has ever done it before. That allows his business to get more investments to fund bigger and better rockets which they've already said they're going to make.

>?But still I'm very sure there would have been alot of universities, very happy to collaborate and put a mid-level satellite on there. I mean even a fucking camera would have been more useful than that stupid car.
Because there are tons of public projects that already do this.

how dare you insult the greatest man ever born

>To me it proves that elon musk is all about business and not about science.
yeah that's literally his goal, he wants to make rocket launches affordable and commonplace

>But still I'm very sure there would have been alot of universities, very happy to collaborate and put a mid-level satellite on there.
No. Why do you think they usually do those tests with dummy loads (literally just dead weight) if anyone would want to risk putting useful equipment in there?

So instead of dummy load they put in a car thats not working anyways as a marketing gag.

>it proves that elon musk is all about business and not about science
yeah he's not a scientist, he is a businessman. he has scientists working for him.

>What do you think about Elon putting a Tesla into Mars-Orbit?
I think it's like he said, it's a publicity move for his business.

You know... he said it himself, it's not a secret.

>Elon putting a Tesla into Mars-Orbit

why go to that length and not be the first car on mars?
Thats like if the moonlanding mission just went to the moon, orbited a few times, and went home leaving the "achievement" yet to be claimed.
In the future they will look back and teach kids about the first vehicle on mars, not the first vehicle in mars orbit.

Why are you this retarded? :/

Yup, he's just a smart fog seller

SpaceX doesn't make any profit for now, and the only revenue they get is from donations and investments. The major investment being from the U.S government. They are using that money to create a show for quasi-intelectual autist down here on earth. The latest space flight was just a giant commercial for Elon and SpaceX so he could attract more investors. He realized there is a hidden buissness potential in expoiting science autists and wanna be STEM

And this is just speaking about SpaceX, take a look at his other "inventions". Boring company has the idea of drilling tunnels under New York and than putting autonomous cars that drive other cars down there. Wait a fucking second, we already have metro that is cheaper, faster, less complicated and we already have it. And so far the only thing the company has done was sell 20 000 overpriced flamethrowers to autist who think that their 1000$ investmrnt is "helping science".

And to top all that, he isn't even an engineer, he is a school dropout who got lucky at first and now tries to attract rich investros and wanna-be scientists. Anyone sucking his dick should feel sad and anyone investing into his crap should realize that most of that money ends up in his pocket. He underpays his workers, takes credit for his engineers inventions and uses the company for self-benefit and self-adverisment

Without business there is no money for tech you autspergic insufferable whinging idiot.

If you are better than Musk, prove it. If not, fuck off. Resentment of business is for teentards who should be beaten into a weeping pulp for their crybabby stupidity. When I become God (eventuality given the infinite possible habbenings over time) I'll torture windowlickers like yourself in ways you are not currently equipped to imagine. You will never have sex, fun or happiness and will live and die an incel.

Oopsie! Too late. I'll just do it again after this god is finished with you.

Pewdiepie gets more views in YLYL videos than this

>When I become God
namaste

>Thats like if the moonlanding mission just went to the moon, orbited a few times, and went home leaving the "achievement" yet to be claimed.
That's exactly what Apollo 8 did.

>Without business there is no money for tech you autspergic insufferable whinging idiot.
99% of scientific progress humanity ever made was done trough state funded projects. The Soviets put the first satelite into space and the Americans the first man on the Moon. Both state funded 0% buissnes

Also the :
>Person A criticizes something
>Person B says "Well than you do it better"
is a major logical fallacy and you're basically stupid. Not an argument

>Without business there is no money for tech
lol

Was fake as fuck, Take the red pill you Beta Virgin soyboy.

He didn't.
He sent it between Mars and Earth so we can all take a good look at it and remember how big his e-peen is every few years.

>And to top all that, he isn't even an engineer, he is a school dropout who got lucky at first and now tries to attract rich investros and wanna-be scientists. Anyone sucking his dick should feel sad and anyone investing into his crap should realize that most of that money ends up in his pocket. He underpays his workers, takes credit for his engineers inventions and uses the company for self-benefit and self-adverisment

I printed out your comment and pissed on the page because it's so stupid and wrong.

clearly fake

Why don't you eat the paper too, it'd be more dramatic

>Can get a car in orbit
>Can't get a car out of the factory
Bravo Musk

>675 million loss in 2017 and 4.2 billion us subsidies

And how will you pay for your science if you can't keep your business afloat?

Landing and relaunching takes a lot more work nigga.

>is all about business
he got to where he is now because he's all business. If you want to be a science worshipping Communist you end up like Stallman or Wozniak

>NASA sends concrete blocks to orbit
>nobody bats an eye
>SpaceX sends a car to orbit
>grayfaces are losing their mind

>be exploring space in a modified candy apple red Tesla
>scans indicate a vessel with Orion slave girls approaching
>set a course for intercourse

This.

It's no wonder there are so few Elon Musks in this world. No matter how much you achieve for humanity or how much of your life you dedicate to your work, there's always going to be people who say you're not doing enough.

Cutting edge technology cannot just be farted out on demand, it's exceptionally difficult to make. You should take it as a good sign that Tesla isn't rushing out a subpar product.

>Rush out electric cars
>They explode like an S7 Note

>remember, when conflicted with hiring a smart but ugly women or a beautiful but stupid one, hire 1000 Indian children, those niggas cheap as fuck

He's just like any other multibillionare, selling us shit that alraedy exists for his own profit. Yes, on the facade it looks like Elon is helping humanity go forwards but most of the money his companies receive from funds and donations go straight to his pocket. You don't earn 30 billion with a car company and rocket company that are afloat because of crowd funding. Not even owners of some of the biggest industries in the world have that much money

Also I should mention Elon dropped out of school, just like every other enterpreneur ever. In other words, he's no engineer, scientist, designer, just a rich dude advertising himself in order to become richer. You don't get to his position without stomping everyone in your way ...

>Elon Musk
>SpaceX
>Tesla
Just Soy Things

>tries to attract rich investros and wanna-be scientists
Have been wondering for a while if he's just a salesman burning money by playing off the Californian want to "Change the world" and "Work on things that matter" which Google and the like have proved incapable of in the eyes of idealist VC SV types

>earth is exploding in numbers and weird things going on
>AI probably going to kill us if its not the jews first
>"hey, lets put a fucking car into space so that when we all die, the ayylmao's passing near us would look at our car"

whew

>Elon is helping humanity go forwards
How is he doing this exactly?

Are you all OK? His company is landing rocket boosters on a platform in the ocean. If that doesn't prove that he's not just a businessman I don't know what can. What should he do to gain your respect?

>I mean couldnt they have put a satellite with numerous research instruments instead?
No one was willing to risk their satellite on a 50/50 launch, Elon offered both NASA and USAF a free ride, both declined it (NASA so as not introduce some form of bias into future selections, USAF since they didn't have anything cheap enough/they were willing to lose)
There was nothing else to launch bar a concrete block or water tubs as a dummy load.
The car was as good as anything else and just made a shitload of 10 year olds interested in SPESS again.
>But still I'm very sure there would have been alot of universities, very happy to collaborate and put a mid-level satellite on there. I mean even a fucking camera would have been more useful than that stupid car.
Then why didn't they put anything forward, this launch has been in the works for 5 years.
>I feel like this is just another one of thos stupid marketing stunts done by elon, to get media attention, and gather more investors.
I think you've got some real issues user, you're seeing boogeymen everywhere you look.

Talk to a therapist, it'll be good for you.
Do it for you.

Reducing the cost of rocketry 5 fold.
ULA charges $460million for an equivilent launch as Falcon Heavy.
Falcon Heavy is $90million

5 times more stuff to orbit, 5 times more potential science and commerce.

5 times more.
That's 5 times better than we were last week.

Stop being successful and post on Sup Forums all day.
Jealousy breeds hate.

> If that doesn't prove that he's not just a businessman I don't know what can.

I am not saying he is stealing others tech and selling it as his faggot. It's that 90% of you are sucking his dick like he was the one who invented the entire thing. Well it was not, because he is a buissness man, not an engineer. There probably is an engineer who should be credited with this amazing feat, but he won't be in the media eye because Elon will go on TV to present HIS invention.
That's the problem, that the entire thing seems to exist just to advertise Elon Musk as a God, while in reality he does nothing but throw money at engineers to work.
And as I said above, most of his money comes from SpaceX and Tesla, and those two companies are surviving because NASA, U.S and a few bigger private companies.

This fraudulent shit can be perhaps more obvious in his other companies, which are batshit stupid, make nothing but still return massive capital to Elon. He's just reaping the investors dry with his fancy futuristic stupid ideas

Take Boring company and Hyperloop for exaple
He wants to make undeground tunnels trough which AI cars will drive other cars and a ong tube trough which a capsule with people will be transported
But hold the fuck up, don't we already have trains and metro, 2 methods of transportation that do the same job as Elons ideas but cheaper, less complicated and better.
It's all just a fiesta for quasi-intelectual autist

>You should take it as a good sign that Tesla isn't rushing out a subpar product.
Its build quality is still shit tier.

You have a counterproductive way of thought. Engineers can't achieve anything just by themselves, they require lots of assisting personnel, CEO included. And, traditionally, it's the inventor who gets the credit, not the person who implemented or polished the invention, so, crediting Elon for what SpaceX does is justified.
>He's just reaping the investors dry with his fancy futuristic stupid ideas
I wholeheartedly approve ripping investors dry if it leads not to a fucking trillion of dollars lying dead on offshore accounts but to landing fucking rocket boosters in the ocean.

it's impressive, but it's not changing the world just making getting satellites up there (*cough* CIA) cheaper.

Think you've fallen for the cult of personality and Elon Musk showmanship.

I agree

>>To me it proves that elon musk is all about business and not about science.

Scientist are always pressured to be businessman with their research, so...

>I wholeheartedly approve ripping investors dry if it leads not to a fucking trillion of dollars lying dead on offshore accounts but to landing fucking rocket boosters in the ocean.

you have a point, but I'm still feeling more satisfied when NASA/Russsia or India do something, not the private corporations. A lot of money is still waistet and the focus is always on profit while the progress is secondary

But Musk is not a scientist or an engineer, he graduated economy but dropped out of physics

This, it's just a lot of showmanship to get ((CIA)) to invest. At the end of the day NASA and ESO will be the ones to make breaktroughs and Russia will be the one to send people to ISS. India will be sending ultra-cheap scientific satelites while China will be sending people up there for their own sake. The only party here aiming to make money is SpaceX ehich will in the end be fully paid by NSA, CIA or some other U.S agency to send shady shit into space.

Although, the self landing boosters are still a major success. Just having a lot more hype than deserved

>I know it was a test launch and that, with such a high risk of faliure you dont want to put a billion dollar satellite on top.
Stopped reading there.

>Cutting edge technology cannot just be farted out on demand, it's exceptionally difficult to make.

Model 3 isn't more advanced than previous models.
It's just cheaper.

And it's not the prototype or the design that's the problem.
It's the mass production.
Something every car manufacturer has long mastered but Tesla is just too inexperienced to do.
Also Tesla build quality is absolute dogshit.

Frankly, Tesla should have just designed the platform and leave it to proper car makers to build the actual cars.

Bait aside, is there a general term for this kind of person?
You know, the kind of moron who interjects into every conversation about top 40 music to say they listen to classical and mindlessly shits on anything fun/popular with some cringy holier-than-thou overtone despite the fact that the sum of their "science" knowledge is some cable TV infotainment shows and liking pop-science shit on Facebook?

why do you think he charges people to send shit to space? Cause he is science?

You are retarded, why you think they sent Columbus on a trip around the world? Science,pft Science is the always the bitch of those who have money, they are the ones who make your science.

I wonder if they will make public joint stock companies for mars colonies.

>Cutting edge technology
You do realize the first cars were actually battery powered? There's nothing new about Tesla, and frankly it's a shit technology. The most efficient means of handling economy is hybridization which the railroad figured out fucking ages ago (1930) with the diesel-electric locomotives they use to ship freight more efficiently than any other means can produce and without charging and range limitations as seen with this "cutting edge technology."

Slavs please leave.

Blue Origin did self-landing first, and better, it's also not being paid by the fed thanks to Bezos.

>but I'm still feeling more satisfied when NASA/Russsia or India do something
So why are you against the idea of them doing more? Is the highlight of Apollo 11 the Saturn V or the moon landing? Are you interested in actual "progress" or just jerking off to some delusion of moral superiority? The whole point of this privatization is driving down costs of space launches and allowing the organizations and individuals actually concerned with that nebulous notion of "progress" to actually focus on it, instead of spending all of their money trying to get there without blowing up.

>mfw there's another space race underway, but this time it's between corporations

>mfw

youre in idiot.
do you think a lousy satellite would have sparked the interest of normies in rocket science?

Wasn't this just a PR stunt to save the tesla shares from crashing after releasing their disasterous numbers the next day?

Someone nobody likes, i cut people like this off and it's pretty great to not have someone ruin conversations with shit like this

>You will never have sex, fun or happiness and will live and die an incel.
What makes you think most of the morons here whining about popular things getting more attention than they do aren't already living this existence without your help?

Its a fucking car, just leave it there.

>That's exactly what Apollo 8 did.
and nobody really talks about apollo 8, now do they?

No, but you have to walk before you can run.

Do they have more missions planned?
They could literally just hurl the car down to the surface and become "the first people to put a car on mars" out of technicality.
Of course they would also have a footnote for being the first people to blatantly and arrogantly litter on another planet.

It looks like they have plans to send cargo to set up operations in 2022, and then to send people in 2024.

>without business there is no money for tech

taxes come from business retard

>the first mars base we be called "McChicken™ with Large™ Fries™ and a Diet™ Coke™"
>whoever wins the race will end up with a super-monopoly on space travel
>the spacing guild will be real

Ow WOW! user, It looks you are really on to something here! It's almost like he sells rocket rides instead of giving freebies to universities devaluating his own product.

You know what would have been cool? To send that car to the moon for a ride, instead of piece-of-scrap number 242375467216 kind of floating around in darkness doing nothing really interesting at all if you don't have acute astrophysics autism.

It's not in Mars fucking orbit. It's in a heliocentric orbit that reaches Mars orbit (past actually).
Anyway, usually they don't stick costly payloads on test flights because the risk of failure is higher than a flight proven rocket.

I HATE ELON MUSK AND I HATE SCIENCE

WE SHOULD GO BACK TO BEING CAVEMEN

Hey i dont care who does it i just want cheap servers in orbit. With ever cheaper sdr platforms we could have the first torrent site in orbit.

He i have a retarded question Here

shouldn't the wheels explode without external pressure?

>putting a Tesla into Mars-Orbit?
did he really put it into orbit around mars?
I smell bull shit

I was wondering about that too
Without thermal controls, the temperature of the orbiting Space Station's Sun-facing side would soar to 250 degrees F (121 C), while thermometers on the dark side would plunge to minus 250 degrees F (-157 C).

shouldn't all plastic parts just melt into a blob of goo?

no it's about the PSI difference, since it's just 1 difference they won';t explode

and ?

121C isn't that hot enough to melt any car part in a blob at all

also musk is a fag

i've no clue but 120C wouldn't melt exterior