Amazon Go

The whole idea behind Amazon Go's idea is that "it looks free, but it isn't really free because you are being watched from above".

Does anyone think this doesn't quite sound right?

wait until a bunch of nigs rob the whole store, and the whole idea will be meaningless anyways

self checkout has a 20% theft rate

From a technical perspective it does have the potential to work out. That however does not make it any less of a terrible idea for reasons stated in OP. There are better approaches to automated retail stores.

wait until cashiers become obsolete. It has been due for a while now

Theft losses outweigh the saved cost for cashiers.

Agreed, the whole thing is a scam to make people think "oh look you can just take it as though it were free" to trick them into spending more money than they otherwise would.

Not to mention that it has political connotations to it too.

If they are dumb enough to be tricked by something like that then they deserve to lose their money.

Indeed, one should not be dealing with a business like Amazon.

Food is already over-priced on Amazon, I can't imagine what they're spending in store.

They can probably try to charge more given that feeling of it being free but not really free.

Dumb people deserve to lose their money.

But who is really the dumb one?

How the fuck you came up to this conclusion?
It's for convenience:
- put what you need in your backpack/pocket/pursue/bag
- get out
No need to waste time paying because it's automated.
Why would any retard think idea is that "these products looks free, but they aren't!" When you clearly pay for them?

t.wouldn't use it because botnet

It goes against the concept of form fits function. I however do not expect a disgusting wh*Teoid subhuman to understand what this means.

4u
Not the fucking idea it was made for. You and other retards are so much of a brainlet that something a little counter intuitive is mind-blowing.

Again, I understand that the wh*Teoid subhuman has a thing for that which is unnatural, in more ways than one. There is no need to project your own stupidity as it makes you a hypocrite.

this

>The whole idea behind Amazon Go's idea is that "it looks free, but it isn't really free because you are being watched from above".
The whole idea behind Amazon Go is that it's convenient and fast, not "free".

Are you denying that tricking people based on appearances is part of Amazon Go's intentions?

Why do people still go grocery shopping?

The dumb one is the one who does not understand the system behind all this.

There is a simple system, and that is power. Amazon learns about you at every moment and will squeeze out some crazy value out of this aggregated information just as it squeezes out sweat and tears from its warehouse workers.

What do you get in exchange? Something that you can already get today in a store - without giving up "your information".

See the problem?

Amazon would love to control and get a cut of every transaction here on earth and in the galaxy. Not for humanities sake or some long-term thinking bullshit higher motiv.

TO have power over you and not let you have power over them. Mr Amazon won't stop until you are a comfortable slave and NOTHING more.

I'm denying that free is a core consideration for Amazon Go.

If your consciousness is just information then why can I not simply delete you from existence?

Of course, no one said it was actually free in any way. However I do not think tricking people based on appearances is a good idea. Someone make just think it really is free one day.

Form follows function, and no it doesn't you dolt. If anything this translates the Gruen Effect into an instant transaction and prevents the customer from having second thoughts as they wait at the register for checkout; the premise is genius and the design matches the intent inherent in commerce and marketing.

Every technology, even this imageboard, is unnatural. But nature is terrible and civilization is the means by which we have managed to escape it.

Take your kangshit elsewhere, Yakub.

>and no it doesn't you dolt.
I suppose this makes it right for you wh*Teoids to stick your dick in anything that even looks like a joke? You are out of your depth, and everything you just said is pseudo intellectual drivel. Have fun dying of AIDS.

The lengths you disgusting people will go to rationalize their degenerate perversions is truly astounding.
Amazon Go is nothing but a joke of a concept, let's see you deny that.

This is a public space, we don't have a progressive stack here. Go back to /leftypol/ if you want to try and force a racial epithet.