How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD-J
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Card
ghs.com/products/rtos/integrity.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay I guess? All of them and more run C.

Feels like job security

Maybe i'll askjeeves

3 billion devices used to run Java..
..now it's a ghost town

That has a lot of balls coming out of Oracle's mouth, considering the whole insatiably suing Google thing.

Proprietary

It's not counting Android. Java is still used in a ton of embedded devices for some godawful reason.

We are so fucking doomed.

Everything's hanging by ductape and spit and prayers. How are we not all dead yet?

I feel a sense of dismay at people's ignorance for using an abominable language such as Java. Also, it is disingenuous of Oracle to claim as such as they do not run in Java alone, the arguably more important components are all C/C++

>have Roku streaming stick because HDTV not "smart"
>watching movie on Sling with gf on the couch in front of the fireplace
>shit just starts fucking skipping forward and back a few seconds and crashing for no reason
>during all the important parts of the movie, nonetheless
I am 100% fucking sure it is because some brainlets hacked the stick together in Java and now *I* get to be miserable with it.

i'm not autistic, so i don't care

>for some godawful reason

because it works?

Purely syntactically speaking, Java isn't so bad. It's done away with a ton of language bloat from the C++ era. Forcing everything to be in a class is pretty stupid though. The weird fetishism around it by webshit zealots is also pretty uncomfortable.

For the effort used porting the JVM they could just have written it in Go or something.

>because it works?
You've got a lot of assembly level people who implemented it to "work" to fucking thank you ungrateful little shit.

you seem really upset, all over a programming language
maybe try relaxing?

I'm upset because you clearly have no fucking clue how much work it takes to actually implement the JVM that anyone and everyone more or less just takes for fucking GRANTED.

Hopefully none of it is used in aircraft.

Oh they do they just have 4 processors with everything preloaded that the watchdog just switches between whenever one crashes. :^)

where did you infer that? i said people use java on embedded devices because it works, which it does
not every application developer wants to deal with the overhead and lowlevel details of assembly, and doesn't need the optimization or fine tuning that that provides. for these, if a JVM port exists, it makes sense to use it. it's the same as any other higher level toolkit or language, it's a whole different use case from assembly.

Merely SUGGESTING JVM on an embedded device on my team will not only get you fired but also shot.

Sad
Very sad

same shit, different assholes

Afraid?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD-J
Definitely fucking afraid.

>What is android?
>What is mementerprise software?

And then I dared to continue.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Card
>It is widely used in SIM cards (used in GSM mobile phones) and ATM cards.
I think I'm gonna stop before I have an aneurysm.

Roses are red
Volcanoes erupt lava
3 billion devices
Run Java

what the SERIOUS FUCK did they mean by this!?

tests run to date (realtime estimation)

and 9 trillion devices """runs""" assembly

Daily reminder that Microsoft could've saved us from Java but were stopped by a frivolous lawsuit.

Feels comfy. Special snowflake tryhard wannabes learning irrelevant languages will only give me greater job security.

It was nice how much better the Microsoft JVM ran versus the one from Sun. The dumb thing is Sun killed Java use for desktop programs on Windows by doing this. Locked themselves out of what was at the time the biggest market. Sun probably thought Microsoft would come crawling to them for a license, which Sun would charge them dearly. Instead Microsoft said "Fuck Java" and created .net instead.

Roses are red,
Violets are neat.
Java is essential,
Unless you're a NEET.

(Not a java fan btw, I would shill for c# over the Java any day, but reality is what it is)

Blu-ray players (and by extension PS3, PS4 and Xbone). Android, although it's a weird fucky Java that runs in a customized JVM.

Unless your company has Java apps you have to use, or you have to develop for it, you don't need it installed.

> Unless your company has Java apps you have to use, or you have to develop for it, you don't need it installed.
It's not that simple. I work for a large company, with decentralized IT department, we have an absolute chaos when it comes to conventions and platforms. Everything from Java and C# to Python, Ruby and even Go.
It works, mind you, but it also requires at least a basic knowledge in all of those languages, because more often than not you end up fixing someone's else stuff written in an unfamiliar language.

You maintain systems that use Java? Then your job involves Java.

I'm a Ruby programmer and occasionally write in C#.
But sometimes, you just have to get a quick fix done in some obscure web service written in Java, like a tiniest little thing and you can't afford to wait until support team fixes it, so you have to do it yourself.

Im sure they are counting shitty Nokia phones in Africa.
They can keep their java

As well as people here who fall for the "why aren't you using a dumbphone" threads. Many old people as well, who like a simple phone with a physical number pad.

That's what all the mutated animals that lurk there do

by 3 billion do you mean 1012 or the retarded 109?

10^12 or 10^9

Angry

Great, I've been learning Clojure for fun. Knowing that my meme apps could run in a toaster leaves a better taste in my mouth than developing a Python application that can only run on my machine with specific versions of modules.

Love Python, tho

3 billion ghost towns used to run...
...now it's a java

yepp, see: ghs.com/products/rtos/integrity.html

for example an Apache gets two computer racks on each side.

son, sim cards run Java, albeit a very raw edition of it, so to say. even if people love to shit on Java, it's a very good language and it's very comfy to code.

haters gonna hate, simple as that.

MODS!!!
PEDOPHILIA ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!