New Laptop

It's been 6 years since I bought my last laptop, and I need a new one. What's the best place to do this? I usually rely on Amazon but I'm sure I'm spending extra just because I'm using this site. I don't want to break over $1500 on it. It doesn't need to be the best gaming laptop, but I did just recently buy FF12 for PC and it literally cannot play it. any help is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16834234830
xoticpc.com/sager-np7850-clevo-n850hp6.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't buy a gaming laptop below $2000

I'm not big on fancy graphics though. I can't really justify spending 2k on a laptop. I turn graphics on Low for everything I play, and I don't play much.

Did you consider consoles?

Build a good desktop and use a netbook

I have an xbox one. I travel a bit for work, and bringing a laptop is needed. So I need a laptop.

I suppose I could ask, if I buy a new laptop, will most be able to play newer games on low graphics? My 2012 is NOT doing it anymore.

Desktop isn't in the future. I don't own any furniture and tend to move about every year or two. I need to stay portable.

I recently got an Acer Nitro 5, and it can play The Witcher 3 and Destiny 2 very smoothly. Although, you need to keep the charger in for max performance.

1060 is good for 1080p. Those don't cost anywhere near $2000 too.

Unless you shove a 1TB SSD or something in there.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16834234830

This will play games on medium for the next three years. Have fun.

What's your preferred screen-size?

This one is $999:
xoticpc.com/sager-np7850-clevo-n850hp6.html

good one

Thoughts on the Predator 17? Thinking on buying one of the higher end models pretty soon here.

below $2000?

there's tons of good ones below 2000 dollars, there's even good ones below 1000 dollars or hell, maybe even below 800

Hmmm
desu, if you want low graphics on everything you play at 1080p, all you really need is a mx150 or maybe a gtx 1050 for futureproofing(at least for modern AAA titles).

that's probably going to run you in about 600-700 dollars

btw gtx 1050 will probably get 50-60fps medium 1080p on most titles and around 40ish fps on high 1080p

user, not everyone spends at least $2000 on a fucking gaming computer

One guy I know has one and brings it pretty regularly. If you're okay with 9 pound gaming laptops I'd say go for it

user, you can also consider a gaming desktop, if your needs do not require you to bring it places

nah, pic is mine while gaming. inspiron 7577

they fucked up on my ram though, its normally supposed to come with 1 8gb 2400mhz stick. gonna need to upgrade soon

they really did fuck up your ram

Mirin the minimalist lifestyle

wait now this one says 2400mhz
which one is wrong?

i'd say the windows one is more right, haven't seen ddr4 with less than 1200mhz